PDA

View Full Version : Official Intel Fix available/application can't be initialized

jaywalker2309
20th Jun 2005, 16:19
Official Intel Fix (http://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk//imperialglory/patches/ImperialGlory.rar)

Download this file, and uncompress the executable on top of current installation. This should address the issue of Intel Graphics Chipsets not being able to start the game.

It is not a full game patch. That is still to come. :)

Mike_B
20th Jun 2005, 17:44
Don't know of it can be of help but mirrored it and made it a news post on our site.

Mirror of intel fix (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=51)

sick
20th Jun 2005, 20:07
Nice one Jason. :thumbsup:

You too @m. You'll be in charge for just yourself for another 2 (hopefully less, maximum 3) weeks. I'll be back in business then and get the FAQ updated, etc, etc. This forum is overcrowded with stickied threads at the moment. :D

Sieur_Drewry
21st Jun 2005, 01:12
I get this error when I click on it. "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in drive ?:."

I have the original disc in the drive it says Imperial Glory Disc 01.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in and then clicking retry but still says that.

Just to make sure I did everything right, I downloaded the .rar thing. Then I clicked extract, I chose C: then Program Files, then Pyro, then Imperial Glory. And I put it in that folder, then it says do you want to replace and I clicked yes.

I thought I did everything right.

jaywalker2309
21st Jun 2005, 07:38
I get this error when I click on it. "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in drive ?:."

I have the original disc in the drive it says Imperial Glory Disc 01.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in and then clicking retry but still says that.

Just to make sure I did everything right, I downloaded the .rar thing. Then I clicked extract, I chose C: then Program Files, then Pyro, then Imperial Glory. And I put it in that folder, then it says do you want to replace and I clicked yes.

I thought I did everything right.

Send me your analysis log (making sure you have the original disc in your drive etc) to discanalysis@eidos.co.uk (give your username in the subject so i know its you)

Sieur_Drewry
21st Jun 2005, 12:57
When I click launch analysis it says the same exact thing. but it stil save an analyiss log so ill send it.

Sieur_Drewry
21st Jun 2005, 13:11
oh and jay is there anyway I can chat with you? I need to talk to you about some things.

sieve
21st Jun 2005, 18:39
Ok, now I am the computer newbie. How do you "uncompress" a .rar file? I've never heard of an .rar file. The computer won't give me the option to extract or uncompress the file. Thanks and sorry for the newbi-ness.

sick
21st Jun 2005, 19:31
Download WinRAR (http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar35b5.exe). :)

sieve
21st Jun 2005, 20:06
Download WinRAR (http://www.rarlabs.com/rar/wrar35b5.exe). :)

thanks! guess I win the "duh" award today.

One more question, does this "official" fix do better with framerates than the unofficial work-around? In other words, do you still see the slowdown people reported on the unofficial work-around? Thanks.

jaywalker2309
21st Jun 2005, 22:10
thanks! guess I win the "duh" award today.

One more question, does this "official" fix do better with framerates than the unofficial work-around? In other words, do you still see the slowdown people reported on the unofficial work-around? Thanks.

Yes the official fix is faster then using the 3rd party fix as its not having to process 2 programs at once etc

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 14:46
the quick fix doesnt work for me. it still says it cannot be initliazed. if anyone could help it would be a big help by the way im loading it on my laptop and writing this on my moms computer :rolleyes: (it wont load on my moms either)

jaywalker2309
22nd Jun 2005, 14:57
the quick fix doesnt work for me. it still says it cannot be initliazed. if anyone could help it would be a big help by the way im loading it on my laptop and writing this on my moms computer :rolleyes: (it wont load on my moms either)

What graphics chipset is your laptop running?

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 16:44
im pretty computer illiterate...if i understand what you are asking it has a intel pentium 3

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 16:46
wait....i dont know where it tells you what kind :o

Mike_B
22nd Jun 2005, 16:47
click start/run type in dxdiag + enter, choose the display tab and it will tell you which graphic card model you have.

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 16:53
chip type or driver type?

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 16:59
my chip is radeon ATI mobility m6

jaywalker2309
22nd Jun 2005, 17:38
my chip is radeon ATI mobility m6

Laptop and drivers are fiddly :( you will almost certainly need to update your drivers, somehow. Without knowing make/model of your laptop i cant help u much more. Is it a branded laptop?

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 17:46
what does branded mean?

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 17:48
it is a Dell Professonal

jaywalker2309
22nd Jun 2005, 18:03
it is a Dell Professonal

Can u tell me the exact make/model number, its probably a sticker on the laptop itself

mongoose8
22nd Jun 2005, 18:12
i think a Latitude c510/c610

nicmicbaz
24th Jun 2005, 08:06
I hate to be the village idiot but i have the error message too (i have an intel chip) so i was wondering if you could guide me through the process, for example where to download the file to (what directory etc) I'm pretty computer illterate.

Any help would be greatly apptreciated :thumbsup: :)

Mike

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 08:14
I hate to be the village idiot but i have the error message too (i have an intel chip) so i was wondering if you could guide me through the process, for example where to download the file to (what directory etc) I'm pretty computer illterate.

Any help would be greatly apptreciated :thumbsup: :)

Mike

Select the link at the very top of the page, this will download the compressed file (rar file) with the updated exe within it.

You will need winrar to uncompress it (available from www.rarsoft.com for free evaluation)

You simply copy the exe contained in the rar file on top of your current installed imperialglory.exe file (it will ask if you wish to overwrite if you are doing it correctly)

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 08:17
i think a Latitude c510/c610

This is a link to your video drivers at Dell (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R77243&SystemID=LAT_PNT_CEL_C510&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=1102&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=5&formatcnt=1&fileid=101286)

Give this link a try..

mongoose8
24th Jun 2005, 14:19
will let you know if it works......thanks

mongoose8
24th Jun 2005, 18:29
that stopped the "cant be in." message. but now it freezes up when i try to start the game :o any advice on what im doing wrong?

eddie1977
25th Jun 2005, 14:04
Official Intel Fix (http://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk//imperialglory/patches/ImperialGlory.rar)

Download this file, and uncompress the executable on top of current installation. This should address the issue of Intel Chipsets not being able to start the game.

It is not a full game patch. That is still to come. :)

well... how can i start? i first had a look at this game on the net, sounded very good all together. and the reputation of pyro and eidos is very good, so you feel okay with buying the game after a while... but to find out that after paying (i believe) 49,- euro's for it, and not being able to play it, is at the least, very frustrating! at first i thought that it would probably be me or my system that was cousing the problems. (after 2 or 3 months (turns) the screen freezes and i have to reboot/power off the comp.) i have tryed everything, options of the game, nothing changed, settings of my videocard - no chenge, settings of my compleet system - no change. it had to be old drivers i worked with, DL new drivers for everything, no change. un-install... re-install... un-install....re-install... no change!

i could play (till IG) every game i wanted, with out a prob, CoD or BiA is no sweat... but IG makes me very angry.

Then there was the light, the intel fix!(i have intel) my dark days were over, DL it, install it... reboot comp just to be on the save side... NO CHANGE! :confused: :mad:

what can i do to fix this problem???? it seems that the game causes the comp to do things it cant, they tested it very bad... or just wanted to get it on the market, and worry about us later with a patch... i have no idea. but i am out of ideas.

unbelievable!!! so much money is invested in this... and this is what they come up with, while the game(if it works) has greate potential, its right up there. im sure of that.

intel 2.9 GHrz -- :thumbsup:
1024 Mb RAM -- :thumbsup:
Geforce 6600 -- :thumbsup:

jaywalker2309
25th Jun 2005, 15:39
well... how can i start? i first had a look at this game on the net, sounded very good all together. and the reputation of pyro and eidos is very good, so you feel okay with buying the game after a while... but to find out that after paying (i believe) 49,- euro's for it, and not being able to play it, is at the least, very frustrating! at first i thought that it would probably be me or my system that was cousing the problems. (after 2 or 3 months (turns) the screen freezes and i have to reboot/power off the comp.) i have tryed everything, options of the game, nothing changed, settings of my videocard - no chenge, settings of my compleet system - no change. it had to be old drivers i worked with, DL new drivers for everything, no change. un-install... re-install... un-install....re-install... no change!

i could play (till IG) every game i wanted, with out a prob, CoD or BiA is no sweat... but IG makes me very angry.

Then there was the light, the intel fix!(i have intel) my dark days were over, DL it, install it... reboot comp just to be on the save side... NO CHANGE! :confused: :mad:

what can i do to fix this problem???? it seems that the game causes the comp to do things it cant, they tested it very bad... or just wanted to get it on the market, and worry about us later with a patch... i have no idea. but i am out of ideas.

unbelievable!!! so much money is invested in this... and this is what they come up with, while the game(if it works) has greate potential, its right up there. im sure of that.

intel 2.9 GHrz -- :thumbsup:
1024 Mb RAM -- :thumbsup:
Geforce 6600 -- :thumbsup:

The intel fix is for the intel graphics chipset. You have a GeForce 6600.

What graphics driver are you running? how good is the cooling on your pc? have you tried with the case off? do you have a good power supply 350-400w+ ?

eddie1977
25th Jun 2005, 16:47

What graphics driver are you running? how good is the cooling on your pc? have you tried with the case off? do you have a good power supply 350-400w+ ?

i just have just run the comp with the case off, didnt seem to do much, i have everest running to see what impact it couldt have, but nada... my graphics driver was the new one from nvidia site...i believe it was 77.72. same thing...no impact at all... perhaps its the power supply, im not sure what it is that i have, is 230V possible? but if that would be the problem... How is it possible that that only occurse with IG... and not the high 3D performance games? (i.e. BiA etc.)

thanks for your response btw... :D

nicmicbaz
26th Jun 2005, 08:09
Select the link at the very top of the page, this will download the compressed file (rar file) with the updated exe within it.

You will need winrar to uncompress it (available from www.rarsoft.com for free evaluation)

You simply copy the exe contained in the rar file on top of your current installed imperialglory.exe file (it will ask if you wish to overwrite if you are doing it correctly)

I'm sorry i dont understand how to do it still. could you guide me through it step by step please?

Sorry about all this, its just im rather pc-illiterate

Mike_B
26th Jun 2005, 11:06
http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar342.exe

Download this, install it and after that is done you can right click on the intel fix file you downloaded and choose to extract.

eddie1977
26th Jun 2005, 12:38

about the cooling... what temp is exaptable? when i run the game...the temp go's up to about 48C... when it freezes, i dont know what temp, cant check it then... perhaps its the lack of cooling... possible?
what you guys think of this theorie?

jaywalker2309
26th Jun 2005, 17:12
about the cooling... what temp is exaptable? when i run the game...the temp go's up to about 48C... when it freezes, i dont know what temp, cant check it then... perhaps its the lack of cooling... possible?
what you guys think of this theorie?

Check your machine for dust.. most common cause of overheating is dust clogging up the fan so doesnt run full speed etc

mongoose8
26th Jun 2005, 19:23
jay....i still cant get IG to work, like i said in the other post it freezes up when i click on the shortcut\game....any ideas? ive had this game for 2 weeks already :( my other games work fine (medal of honor AA, plus expansion packs, and MVP baseball)

eddie1977
27th Jun 2005, 08:05
jay....i still cant get IG to work, like i said in the other post it freezes up when i click on the shortcut\game....any ideas? ive had this game for 2 weeks already :( my other games work fine (medal of honor AA, plus expansion packs, and MVP baseball)

hey mongoose... do you have a everest like program?... just to see what is happening to your comp at certain times. for some reason IG is asking more of your CPU, (atleast, it does with my system.) if you can find problems with a program like everest you can most likely also fix it.

in my case it was that the CPU was getting to warm, and it froze everything up.
dont know if this helps... but good luck anyway :o :thumbsup:

mongoose8
27th Jun 2005, 20:51
whats everest?

mongoose8
28th Jun 2005, 16:33
where would i find that out?

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 08:03

Okay just so i understand, u dont see any game at all? no intro movies, no logos? nothing?

mongoose8
29th Jun 2005, 12:44
nothing at all

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 13:53
nothing at all

Okay follow the first post in this topic Read me and follow me (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51062)

but dont touch the copy protection update exe.

mongoose8
29th Jun 2005, 14:27
what else is there besides the copy protection update? :confused:

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 14:58
what else is there besides the copy protection update? :confused:

it tells you how to do the diagnostic on the exe so you can send me the analysis file and i can then check whats stopping your game from running

baladure
1st Jul 2005, 15:31
i get the message please insert original disc. what should i do. :eek:

jaywalker2309
3rd Jul 2005, 16:32
i get the message please insert original disc. what should i do. :eek:

send in your analysis to the email address listed in the thread. and mention if its the original exe from the disc, or the intel fix exe.

ACsemperfi
5th Jul 2005, 20:03
Ok, i know im asking the same question again, but bear with me. ive read through this thread and im lost.

I originally had the "cant initialize" message. patched it and them got "please insert original disc" message. i tried the copyright patch thing on that and it didnt do anything. so now it just say insert orginal disc.

i tried to run an analysis and at first it didnt work. i just tried again and it did so im gonna email that momentarily.

also, the graphics card im using is an Intel(R) 82852/55 64MB card on a laptop so i dunno if thats my problem right there. anyways, ill have that analysis off shortly.

MoFlop
9th Jul 2005, 02:58
I downloaded the thing that was supposed to fix this problem but it did abosolutly nothing. Advice?

mongoose8
9th Jul 2005, 17:11
ok.....i just got back from vacation and i tried to e-mail you it but i couldnt figure it out :confused:

noctambulist
10th Jul 2005, 20:46
same problem, did all the steps, yet the same problem percists, and now the computer freezes when that message pops up... I have intel pentium 4.. any ideas? :confused:

Alecto
11th Jul 2005, 09:33
Ok, I downloaded the thingy thats supposed to stop the game crashing when you first open it, but when I try to run THAT program, I get

ImperialGlory.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Ok...not sure how to fix this one...any ideas?

jaywalker2309
11th Jul 2005, 15:37
Ok, I downloaded the thingy thats supposed to stop the game crashing when you first open it, but when I try to run THAT program, I get

ImperialGlory.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Ok...not sure how to fix this one...any ideas?

Sounds like you are just trying to run the exe from the rar file, rather then actually copying it directly on top of the installed folder.

If the file is ran from anywhere other then the proper location it wont find the binkw32.dll file.

mongoose8
15th Jul 2005, 14:09
jay....how do you e-mail that....i cant figure it out :confused:

jaywalker2309
15th Jul 2005, 14:18
jay....how do you e-mail that....i cant figure it out :confused:

What do you mean? sorry too many threads to keep track of in head :)

mongoose8
15th Jul 2005, 19:40
i cant figure out how to send you my analysis

weeks
22nd Jul 2005, 13:29
OKAY.

I have an HP Pavilion dv4000 notebook with a mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS, 910 GML express chipset family graphics card.

I got IG and installed it only to find that it said it cannot be initialized and so I got mad and decided to ask for help only firstI found this thread and thought YES THATS FOR ME!!!

Well I am no computer newb and it was easy for me to apply the exe patch/hack only now when I try to run the game it says Please remove discfrom current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in drive?:.

Now I swear to you that this is the legal retail copy and I don't know why it works but this is bloody annoying. I have never really liked Eidos and I thought this could be the first thing to make me like them but it hasn't made a good first impression on me.

SO can anyone help? I have read this entire thread and nothing has helped. I cannot apply the copyright patch because that would get rid of my intel graphics fix so I don't know. I need help.

Mike_B
22nd Jul 2005, 14:49
I'd blame the creators of the copy protection rather than the publishers.

Anyway follow the instructions that were posted in thread regarding the issue:

# Right click on the desktop icon (if not got desktop icon, go to install folder and right click on the imperialglory.exe file)
# Select `Launch Analysis`
# A self diagnostic system will now run. Follow on screen prompts
# A file is created in the root of your C drive (analysislog.sr0). Zip this file up (need to keep integrity of file). If dont have zip program can download for Free from the web, or if got XP can use `send to` command under right mouse menu to send to `compressed folder (zipped)`. I cannot accept files that are not zipped.
# Email said zip file (its tiny) to discanalysis@eidos.co.uk - State which version of the game you are running (cd/dvd version, game name, country of purchase etc)
# Wait for a response from us (we will be as quick as we can analyse the problems)

weeks
22nd Jul 2005, 16:14
OKAY I did that but I haven't been replied to yet, I was once and fixed it sorta.

Now I can see the logos for eidos, pyro, and nvidia, but then it says it preforemed an illegal operation and shuts down.

WHY!!!

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 22:08
Have unstuck this issue as the patch released tonight officially fixes this issue

noctambulist
6th Aug 2005, 21:58
ok, so I tried the new patch and it didn't work. I did both methods, but I get the same old "can't be initialized"...