PDA

View Full Version : Controversy with 25 To Life!

Klerik of Kaos
20th Jun 2005, 15:44
I was watching the news the other days with my mom and dad. They said that they don't want to release 25 To Life due to the pedestrians being used as human sheilds, and because it influences kids to go out and do something like that. Then during the news report, they said that they want the company (Eidos) to end all connections with Sony and Microsoft! Well if they do that, then how will they get their games out there? Because Microsoft and Sony are basically the only consoles out there (aside from Gamecube) but I mean the most popular! I think that it's ridiculous for them to request a connection ending. Why not just request that they stop the production of the game, and then just not let it be released.

What do you think about this? I think that it is wrong of the request they made! It just a game. If a kid wants to be stupid enough to try to do it, then the parents should actually look at the rating. That's why they are there on the game cover! But no, the parents want to be ignorant and still buy their kids the game no matter if the rating says "M for 17+". I can understand if you're about 15, then it would be ok because you're almost there, and you should have the mentality not to do something like that. But it will influence kids that are about 9 years old. And besides, a game called "25 To Life", you don't even need to see a trailer and you can think that it's something to do with killing. It is unfair when a parent buys a young kid like 9 or something, an M rated game, and then that idiotic kid wants to imitate what's on the game, and then ruin it for the rest of us. It's appaling! The parents really should track the games that their child plays instead of allowing them to play any game that they want.

DKSM
20th Jun 2005, 16:33
They aren't so much annoyed with the violence but the fact that players are awarded points for killing policemen. They feel it desensitizes people.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but merely elaborating on the facts.

Now, where were these allegations with GTA? There was that thing in Illinois a few months ago in regards to M-rated games, but I didn't hear specific allegations about killing policemen or the fact that it dealt with corrupt policemen as a driving force of the storyline.

I believe in choice, but I also believe in keeping certain games far away from children. With the way things are in the US (being as that's all I can personally speak of), keeping these games away from them has up to now not been very successful.

Does banning a gaming company prove a point? I think it proves that they (people against violent games) don't know what to do anymore.

Klerik of Kaos
21st Jun 2005, 20:36
They aren't so much annoyed with the violence but the fact that players are awarded points for killing policemen. They feel it desensitizes people.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but merely elaborating on the facts.

Now, where were these allegations with GTA? There was that thing in Illinois a few months ago in regards to M-rated games, but I didn't hear specific allegations about killing policemen or the fact that it dealt with corrupt policemen as a driving force of the storyline.

I believe in choice, but I also believe in keeping certain games far away from children. With the way things are in the US (being as that's all I can personally speak of), keeping these games away from them has up to now not been very successful.

Does banning a gaming company prove a point? I think it proves that they (people against violent games) don't know what to do anymore.

Yes. I agree. I feel that in the stores that sell video games now, they should 1. Ask for ID and 2. Ask about people in the family who are close and 3. Ask what is the age range in which they are buying the game for. But then again if they do that then people will buy games illegally which isn't very good. But there should be some sort of authority to these games. I mean, kids come up in the street and pick up an M rated game and then the store just lets them buy the game and let them go on their merry way.

My friend asked his mom is she could get him GTA:VC, and then the store clerk dude said that it was an M rated game for kids over 17 and she didn't buy it for him. That's how those stores should be!