PDA

View Full Version : What way is the wind blowing, are they going to do a patch soon ?

Gorgon
20th Jun 2005, 03:09
Or leave us stranded with a decent 3/4 of a game ?.

Depends I guess, Once the game is sent off to fly on its own the manhours disapear too, unless you are serious about making a name and comunity for the game. So, to those who have been prowling here a while. Hows it looking on that front ?.

Cpt.HooK
20th Jun 2005, 09:37
I thought this thread might have something to do with the wind in naval battles but apparently not. :o

We have been told they (devs) are collecting info from the forums to see what they can put in a patch.

Rikolus
20th Jun 2005, 20:15
OK, so they are reading the forums? Well let's see, I have seen about a 100 postings and all my friends agree: combat is too fast! Now I can see where it can take awhile to determine the best way to adjust it so players who would prefer a slightly slower, more realistic pace would be happy (slower troop movement, less combat damage per volley, etc). But it would sure seem in their best interest to fix (or at least adjust?) the combat system so that all the fence-sitters who are reluctant to buy the game will jump in. And all those who are frustrated with what SHOULD be an outstanding product will finally get the satisfaction we want from the combat experience.

Captain.Crunch
21st Jun 2005, 00:34
I thought this thread might have something to do with the wind in naval battles but apparently not. :o

We have been told they (devs) are collecting info from the forums to see what they can put in a patch.

no patch coming anytime soon you better find a new game or be happy with it for now how it is! :cool:

giskard
21st Jun 2005, 01:51
Hello all.

Slower Troop movement would drive me insane and lower damage would favour melee troops who could reach the musket men more or less in tact. Turning the game into one big melee in every single game.

When you play the same map enough times and know where the men need to be, watching them walk slowly to that location is pain.

Still if these are the worst bugs people can find then all i can say is that Pyro have a lot of opinions to fix lol :)

My own opinion is more work needs to be done on the sea battles for control purposes. Perhaps an auto fire order and way of moving ships as a group in formation.

Giskard

Queeg
21st Jun 2005, 02:01
My own opinion is more work needs to be done on the sea battles for control purposes. Perhaps an auto fire order and way of moving ships as a group in formation.

Giskard

The auto-fire and follow ship commands that are already in the game work pretty well for me. Just step up one or two lines with a lead ship and set all of them to auto-fire. Then just steer the lead ship(s).

giskard
21st Jun 2005, 02:28
Queeg: Must me then because i always lose ships off the edge of the map when i use follow ship orders on the rest of the fleet.

They just dont appear to turn fast enough and the AI loves fighting at the edge of the map.

I spend all my time trying to turn those rogue ships around.

Giskard

Mike_B
21st Jun 2005, 05:32
OK, so they are reading the forums? Well let's see, I have seen about a 100 postings and all my friends agree: combat is too fast! Now I can see where it can take awhile to determine the best way to adjust it so players who would prefer a slightly slower, more realistic pace would be happy (slower troop movement, less combat damage per volley, etc). But it would sure seem in their best interest to fix (or at least adjust?) the combat system so that all the fence-sitters who are reluctant to buy the game will jump in. And all those who are frustrated with what SHOULD be an outstanding product will finally get the satisfaction we want from the combat experience.

They're working on a patch which has been posted by Jaycw in the technical discussion forum and by me in every word that mentions the word patch

Cpt.HooK
21st Jun 2005, 12:40
hehe so whens it going to be ready :rolleyes: