PDA

View Full Version : Playing as Russia - Lack of Population?

Age of Reason
20th Jun 2005, 02:45
So, as the title of the thread says, I'm playing my campaign with Russia, and I am doing quite well with my gold, resources, food, and everything else, but I'm really really low on population, which doesn't make much sense. Even after I annexed Sweden it still hasn't shot up much. They have hospitals in each territory as well.

Does anybody else notice this phenomenon with Russia, or any other country for that matter?

5/77 Armd
20th Jun 2005, 12:45
My biggest problem playing as Russia was my lack of gold. I always had extra population except for a couple of instances (completing quests).

I think you will have a variety of responses here since people play this game with different strategies. Some may save their pop. early for quests, some may do a massive military build-up.

In the end the results may be the same but the method different. As a consequence, some people will consistently have a shortage of a certain resource.

giskard
21st Jun 2005, 19:04
Russia does have a problem with population.

Ive played Russia a few times and population is always the thing i lack.

BTW i play on medium or hard (not hard for Russia), the difficulty level may change your experiences when playing as Russia. EG Hard your attacked constantly. Medium your attacked a lot. Easy your hardly attacked at all.

Giskard

Nial
21st Jun 2005, 20:10
Population is always the hardest for me. No matter what nation I play. I think the difficulty setting does matter. But it's been awhile since I've played anything but hard.