PDA

View Full Version : CSF on... DVD? And a bonus question.

iakovos
18th Jun 2005, 21:49
I was over at the eidos.co.uk site and saw that the Commandos Strike Firce game will be released on DVD-Rom. Is that the new policy for Eidos, to release pc games on DVD or are there going to be two versions, one on CD-Rom, the other on DVD-Rom?

Bonus question:
I was looking at a German website and saw there that a Limited edition for C3 was released, including a making of dvd or cd plus the soundtrack. Did anyone see this limited edition elsewhere, or actually bought it? I would be very interested in knowing what it was all about.

Cheers,
Iakovos:)

Spittie
22nd Jun 2005, 12:30
DVD-rom is for consoles.
And I thought Germany wasn't getting this game :confused:

Mike_B
22nd Jun 2005, 14:10
Eidos already uses it for pc too.

David
21st Jul 2005, 21:03
i am pretty sure it will be on dvd as well. c'mon almost all big games come on dvd. time to put cd's back.

iakovos
15th Sep 2005, 16:58
Well, according to the Eidos brochures over at the GME event, the game will be released on:
Playstation 2, Xbox and PC DVD-ROM.

So... the commandos are getting themselves a dvd... officially.. lol

PS. I wonder how many cds CSF would take? And what about the initial install?

Jumpin_Jebus
22nd Sep 2005, 16:54
Well, figuring that a decent DVD-Rom drive costs less than most games now, it's logical to make the move to DVD-Rom. Take into account that a DVD disk can hold about 5 times the amount of data, it saves tons of money in manufacturing costs (in the millions). Time to pony up $34.99 for a DVD-Rom and get in the now. :)

~JJ

iakovos
22nd Sep 2005, 20:30
The move to DVD-Rom will also mean that the space required for CSF will exceed all previous games in the series.

Which is not a bad thing, if the game is graphically beautiful.