PDA

View Full Version : Training WILL Be In The Mansion

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Jun 2005, 12:50
Whilst in the shops this morning I read an interview with Toby Gard in the Official XBOX magazine (UK Edition).

He was talking about some features exclusive to the XBOX.
There was the normal stuff like higher resolution textures and 'frames per second', etc. However, there was one other interesting nugget...

As you know, you can copy your own music CD's to the Hard Drive in the XBOX. Toby said that they are going to implement a jukebox feature in the MANSION so that you can listen to your own music whilst TRAINING.

Jsc
18th Jun 2005, 12:56
Sounds good to me

LaraAngelOfDarkness
18th Jun 2005, 16:45
That sounds really good to me. Good reason for me to get the x-box version as well as the ps2 version.

Klerik of Kaos
18th Jun 2005, 17:20
Well that's not fair. I hate when they do that for games. But is the Mansion Training only on XBox, or is it for the others as well? Because if it's only for XBox, that's what I hate about games nowadays. They always have to give one console more than the others. That was like with Mortal Kombat: Deception. They gave the GC version Shao Khan and Goro! But anyways, yea that's what I hate. But like I asked, will it only be for the XBox, or will the training be for every console.

Mangar The Dark
19th Jun 2005, 02:09
I imagine it just means the ability to have custom soundtracks on the jukebox will be an Xbox exclusive feature. The mansion will probably be on all versions. And you shouldn't feel bad about custom soundtrack thing-- I have an Xbox, and I never once used the that feature on any game. It seems to be one of those features they throw on to Xbox versions to appease Xbox users since we usually have to wait longer for the game to our system.

poufy
19th Jun 2005, 03:06
I hope to see the masion again that would be good but I hope that it is not limited to xbox cause I only ps2. Also I heard ps3 is coming out will we be able to play tr7 on ps2 still.?

midroth
19th Jun 2005, 11:48
PS3 will play PS2 and PSX.

Laraman
19th Jun 2005, 13:36
Thanks for the exciting and brilliant news Blue Skies!

Klerik of Kaos
19th Jun 2005, 14:51
I wonder if in this game, they will make it surpass the TR3 mansion. While the TR3 mansion was fun, I think that there should have been some more interactive things in the house. But I did love the sprint run. It was fun. I forget, did she have a pool in the TR3 mansion? If she didn't then they should put one now in TR:L

Trinity34
20th Jun 2005, 15:30
Thanks Blue Skies for the info. :)

Kleric she has an aquarium in the basement where she can take a swim.

BlueSkiesXXV
20th Jun 2005, 15:46
Custom Soundtracks is one thing, but what makes this feature potentially VERY cool is the idea of playing classic Tomb Raider tunes in the mansion.

Using ITUNES and your CD collection you can make some really cool playlists, burn them to CD and then copy them to the XBOX hard drive.

I have created a compilation with some of the TR movie tunes (Illuminati, Elevation, etc), the TR Legend Trailer track (Spitfire) and some of the classic in-game tracks.

I spent AGES looking for these in-game tracks and then found everything that I needed in the 'Audioplex' at tombraiderchronicles.com: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/audioplex/index.html
These can be imported directly into ITUNES...GREAT STUFF!!!

Just imagine playing through the mansion training levels whilst listening to the classic TR 1 theme or the AOD nightclub track (Le Serpent Rouge)...Now that will be SOOOO COOL!!! :)
Darn, I may now end up buying both the PS2 & XBOX versions :)

Here is a pic of a cd that I put together...I was bored and had some spare time OK... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/cdpic.jpg

Klerik of Kaos
20th Jun 2005, 15:47
Oh ok that's good. I love her mansion. I think that it is so beautiful. I wouldn't mind having a mansion like that someday!

BlueSkiesXXV
20th Jun 2005, 15:49
Hi Trinity34...I hope all is well.
Thanks for your E3 coverage...Very much appreciated!

Alti
21st Jun 2005, 18:21
Glad to hear Lara has her mansion back. I wonder if she will stil have ol' Winston to look after her? Or maybe Hillary and Bryce will be there!

Acceber
22nd Jun 2005, 07:18
Custom Soundtracks is one thing, but what makes this feature potentially VERY cool is the idea of playing classic Tomb Raider tunes in the mansion.

That's exactly what I thought. :D How exciting .... mansion mansion mansion ... anticipation levels rising! *warning* :eek:

Nice CD case! All my TR tunes are haphazardly placed in an iTunes playlist.... I'm sure they'd prefer neat organisation like that. :) ;)

Mangar The Dark
22nd Jun 2005, 12:53
Glad to hear Lara has her mansion back. I wonder if she will stil have ol' Winston to look after her? Or maybe Hillary and Bryce will be there!

Hopefully Winston, not Bryce and Hillary. I'd prefer they stay true to how they started, not mold themselves to fit the movies.

uzigirl
22nd Jun 2005, 21:01
Thanks for the info. I will buy it for the PS2 and I know my brother is getting it for the Xbox, so I can borrow his copy to try out the music.

BlueSkiesXXV
23rd Jun 2005, 21:08
Talking of mansions, I went to visit Hatfield House (Croft Manor from the Tomb Raider movie) last weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/photo1.jpg

A great day trip for the summer and I highly recommend it if you swing by London.
It is only about a 20 minute train journey from Kings Cross Station.
Whilst at Kings Cross I also noticed the following....HA :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/photo2.jpg

www.hatfield-house.co.uk

Blue ones!!!

kiss-bite
24th Jun 2005, 13:40
Welcome Home!!!!
I'm so so so so pleased!!! I thought Croft Manor would return as a training level, but of course it's a releif to know it's confirmed!

Just imagine how great it will look, the exterior, interior & gardens!! Lets just hope there will be some images or maybe a 3d/moving visuals of Croft Manor when the official site is updated on the 1st July!

As for the xtra features anoying as it may be I'm just pleased that Lara's home sweet home is back! I'm sure on over platforms we will get to play some music on Lara's sound system just maybe not have a choice of track.

Planet Lara folk lets just think that when we load the game we'll be back at the Manor! We haven't been there for a long time(smile) Welcome Home Lara!!!!!

http://img229.echo.cx/img229/2325/legendcroftmanorcopy4dn.th.jpg (http://img229.echo.cx/my.php?image=legendcroftmanorcopy4dn.jpg)

Johnny
24th Jun 2005, 15:31
Take a look @ this article from tombraiderchronicles.com:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOBY GARD CONFIRMS 'LEGEND' MANSION
Copyright 2005 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ June 23rd 2005 ]

Lara Croft creator Toby Gard has revealed details on Tomb Raider Legend, currently under development at Eidos-owned studio Crystal Dynamics. Speaking to Official XBOX Magazine, Gard confirms Croft Manor will once again provide a training platform for Lara Croft and will sport an extra special bonus for XBOX players.

"The Xbox version will also feature new aspects not seen with any of the other versions. There are obvious differences such as higher-resolution textures, but we're also going to be supporting a jukebox function which will be fun in Croft Manor. You'll basically be able to play a stereo when training - it'll be quite cool." Gard tells Official XBOX Magazine.

On the return of Lara's fussing butler Winston, Gard says: "No. Tomb Raider Legend is a completely new start for Lara . We're not revealing how the story unfolds just yet but what I can say is that Lara travels across many continents on a quest for a mystical artefact rumoured to hold secrets of the past.

Skirting any real plot information, Gard does confirm that Lara Croft will be "confronted by corrupt forces led by a figure from her past thought dead. No characters from the past games play an important role though."

Awww, no more Winston... *sniff* :(

Mangar The Dark
24th Jun 2005, 15:35
[b]On the return of Lara's fussing butler Winston, Gard says: "No. Tomb Raider Legend is a completely new start for Lara (

Completely new? And yet, the manor is back and they keep saying how Legend will be a return to TR's roots. Make up your mind, Toby!! :D

Johnny
24th Jun 2005, 15:45
Completely new? And yet, the manor is back and they keep saying how Legend will be a return to TR's roots. Make up your mind, Toby!! :D

LOL! So true! :rolleyes:

Trinity34
24th Jun 2005, 16:18

Yeah, back to Lara's roots where she had that tech team hidden in the mansion. Did you guys ever find that secret door where the tech team hides in the attic? :D

But seriously, I think what Toby is referring to is Lara heading back into the tombs rather than a city like in AOD.

Acceber
24th Jun 2005, 19:28
Did you guys ever find that secret door where the tech team hides in the attic? :D

:eek: That's what I kept walking into in the dark! All that tech and they couldn't make the lightbulb work. *sigh* :rolleyes: :D

susan
25th Jun 2005, 00:03
Completely new? And yet, the manor is back and they keep saying how Legend will be a return to TR's roots. Make up your mind, Toby!! :DYou didn't like previous TRs? This one's completely new.
You're a fan of the previous TRs? We're taking her back to her roots.

Covers everybody.

:rolleyes:

Mangar The Dark
25th Jun 2005, 02:39
Toby could be a good politician ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Jun 2005, 09:36
You didn't like previous TRs? This one's completely new.
You're a fan of the previous TRs? We're taking her back to her roots.

Covers everybody.

:rolleyes:
:D :p ;) I can't wait to see the completely new/old mix.

Alti
29th Jun 2005, 02:20
Take a look @ this article from tombraiderchronicles.com:

TOBY GARD CONFIRMS 'LEGEND' MANSION
Copyright 2005 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ June 23rd 2005 ]

Lara Croft creator Toby Gard has revealed details on Tomb Raider Legend, currently under development at Eidos-owned studio Crystal Dynamics. Speaking to Official XBOX Magazine, Gard confirms Croft Manor will once again provide a training platform for Lara Croft and will sport an extra special bonus for XBOX players.

"The Xbox version will also feature new aspects not seen with any of the other versions. There are obvious differences such as higher-resolution textures, but we're also going to be supporting a jukebox function which will be fun in Croft Manor. You'll basically be able to play a stereo when training - it'll be quite cool." Gard tells Official XBOX Magazine.

On the return of Lara's fussing butler Winston, Gard says: "No. Tomb Raider Legend is a completely new start for Lara . We're not revealing how the story unfolds just yet but what I can say is that Lara travels across many continents on a quest for a mystical artefact rumoured to hold secrets of the past.

Skirting any real plot information, Gard does confirm that Lara Croft will be "confronted by corrupt forces led by a figure from her past thought dead. No characters from the past games play an important role though."

Well, Winston had to retire sometime!! LOL...:)

Mangar The Dark
29th Jun 2005, 14:32
What if Winston is the main antagonist?? He broke into the mansion's trophy room, stole the Iris, and is now hell-bent on world domination, and only Lara can stop him! Picture the emotional climax to the game, as Lara finds herself forced to kill her one true friend! And Winston would be a formidable foe, having had access to Lara's training facilities all those years... wow, what a brilliant idea!

(ok, yeah, I'm joking.)

angelic_layer_tamayo_fan
9th Jul 2005, 15:00
OMG..i cant wait till this one comes out the mansion is back..oh yeah did anyone get that glitch in tomb raider 3 were u go back to here house and she has 2 heads and big guns hehehe :D

Trinity34
9th Jul 2005, 17:33
Well, Winston had to retire sometime!! LOL...:)

Retire? Isn't he still locked in the freezer.... oops.. :eek: poor Winston. :(

Alti
9th Jul 2005, 19:01
LOL, Trinity!! Now I know where to find him!

angelic_layer_tamayo_fan
9th Jul 2005, 19:25
OMG hes been locked in the freezer for 8 years :eek: or forgot to let him out :mad:

cjhilljack
13th Jul 2005, 22:20
This is good news...excellent news in fact. I have missed the mansion. I hope she has an updated obstacle course. That was my favorite part in TR2.

Winston was pretty old, he was looking like he was on his deathbed in TR3. I admit, I'll miss locking him in the freezer though.

Trinity34
13th Jul 2005, 22:23
There is another way to keep him from following you around the house. You can lock him outside... its much easier then the freezer. :)

Sophia Leigh
14th Jul 2005, 03:19
There is another way to keep him from following you around the house. You can lock him outside... its much easier then the freezer. :)

Yeah, but can't he eventually let himself back in?

Trinity34
14th Jul 2005, 15:17
Yeah, but can't he eventually let himself back in?

Not that I know about but I have always been too busy in the attic to notice.... :)

Warrior Squirrel
14th Jul 2005, 20:27
What! - no cheerfully farting butler ......... My day is ruined. ;)

Trinity34
14th Jul 2005, 20:59
What! - no cheerfully farting butler ......... My day is ruined. ;)

You never know... the tech team might fart sometimes. :D

Does anyone think the beginning scenes in the first trailer are from Lara's mansion? Ahh.. a mansion by the sea. :)

xbaa
14th Jul 2005, 21:33
Does anyone think the beginning scenes in the first trailer are from Lara's mansion? Ahh..
I don't think so , the scene looks really ancient and she's wearing her "tombraiding" outfit , she never wears that outfit in her mansion.

Sophia Leigh
15th Jul 2005, 07:01
Not that I know about but I have always been too busy in the attic to notice.... :)

Fair enough, I thought he could but its been ages since I've touched TR3 so you're probably right :)

TS16
18th Jul 2005, 19:02
holy crap i can not WAIT to go back and chill in the mansion. to me, that was always one of the best parts of the games, if you were in a really hard part, you can always go play around in the house. i loved the secrets in tr3 like the trophey room, the attick, the basement and the atv track. i hope they add some of those elelments into this new tomb raider, which might i add is looking amazing. THANK YOU crystal dynamics for bringing back the mansion. i was so hurt when it never came back.

Johnny
26th Aug 2005, 22:26
Somebody from the tombraiderchronicles.com forums just enlightened me with some info. Winston will, in fact, RETURN! :D The producer of TR: Legend, Morgan Gray, has confirmed... or so a member of the forum has stated:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=002114#000015

Does anyone have a credible source of this news? :)

Trinity34
26th Aug 2005, 23:33
Does anyone have a credible source of this news? :)

Credible? Define credible. :) Actually, when a game is in developement there is no credible source... only when you get closer to the release date of the game. So maybe in November we will find some credible info but up until then anything that is reported can change..... Toby Gard said there was no Winston but Morgan Gray says there is.... who do you believe? Unless they put him back in the game.

Psychopompador
27th Aug 2005, 22:21
i'll go with what morgan grey says. Toby Gard is on board as a consultant for designing the Lara character herself, not the game features.

Morgan Grey on the other hand is part and parcel to the whole ball of wax

star girl
28th Aug 2005, 09:34

Well Johnny, you can't win them all.

akamatt
8th Sep 2005, 23:25
Wow, the mansion is back! I thought it would never return, this is great! :D

I might buy an Xbox. :thumbsup:

star girl
10th Sep 2005, 13:00
Well Johnny, you can't win them all.

*shifts uncomfortably in her seat*

OR maybe, you can :D

akamatt
6th Oct 2005, 20:06
:confused: I still haven't seen any real pictures of the mansion in Legend...