PDA

View Full Version : Lag?

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 00:16
Do you think that this game aint a broadband only it will have more lag? Wont crossing Cable with 56k mess up the connection of a game?

mbones50
18th Jun 2005, 01:46
its broadband only

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 02:11
Yeah I saw that on the boxart but the beta email says for broadband and dial up users. PS's forum has 2 pgs of ppl who is testing saying they have 56k.

mbones50
18th Jun 2005, 03:46
well yall konw its broadband only

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 04:09
Please provide an offical link saying this other then that I think "your guessing and have no idea"

Brabbit
18th Jun 2005, 04:51
SOCOM 1,2,3. Star Wars BattleFront. Splinter Cell (4 people). Resident EVIL Out Break 1 and 2. All those are broadbands ONLY. There are no PS2 third person shooter game thats not broadband only. Please use the facts and understand this game is going to be broadband only. If a 16 person game can lag with broadband only. There is no way in hell they going to use 56k. Please do not ask stupid questions.

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 05:15
Whats the point of telling me all those titles? I can name abunch of pc games arnt broadband only and that wouldnt mean a thing. FACT is an OFFICAL source said dial up users can play 25TL seems more reliable then people who are estimating. I agree with you theres no way 56k ppl can be on 16 ppl but it was in the email so Im thinking wont that cause lag. I CANT post the newsletter so im going post a part of it.

READ below its been pasted from the EMAIL from SONY.

2. What type of equipment will I need for the online beta test?
In order to participate, you will need a PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, a PlayStation®2 8MB Memory Card, a Network Adaptor (Ethernet/modem) (for PlayStation®2), an existing Internet account and a phone cord for dial-up access, or a network cable for broadband access. The software will be provided to you.

Like I said before there is a 2 page topic of beta testers saying they have dial up and are recieving the beta. Therfore its not a STUPID question if I can prove a realiable source.

Brabbit
18th Jun 2005, 05:19
Well maybe its just for beta testers only. Who knows. They will be very stupid if they allow 56k on the regular game.

EC_KING
18th Jun 2005, 09:11
i 99.9% sure i seen a BROADBAND ONLY only this. i just looked around fast and didn't see anything about the connection link. sorry i can't give you a link yet.

Klaydoggy
18th Jun 2005, 12:45
*points and laughs at the PS2 users*

Xbox LIVE = broadband only, and a helluva lot less lag.

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 14:03
^Too bad we dont got to pay $100 a month for internet^ Maybe it will be just for the beta until it comes out then ya cant say nofthin =o. Hey does xbox users get to beta test?

Edit: I asked the 25TL Beta forum thank god for the response.

"it all depends on how they have the network/game setup.

they might do like Twisted Metal Black, on dialup you got the full experiance, on Dialup you were limited to like 4 players.

they also might break it up, dialup users on one server broadband users on another, or it might detect that a person is using dialup and limit the options they can use.

There was one game I helped beta test (Monster hunter I think) it originally said Dialup or Broadband required for online play. Then when the game was released I read up on it and it said Broadband only."

VideoGameMaster
18th Jun 2005, 16:21
u know alot of reason for lag is not the users...it is the FRAME-RATE lag....which simply means files are too big for the ps2 to handle all at once...thats why socom lags so bad....but i believe developers have found a new way to create games fer the ps2 to be less laggy and comprehend more easily so there is no more frame rate lag...makin files alot smaller so ur ps2 can read alot faster....

EC_KING
18th Jun 2005, 16:39
Also i'm thinking that the 56k details from the email is just a BETA DEFAULT Letter. i bet it's that.

viZZiOn
18th Jun 2005, 20:11
SOCOM 1,2,3. Star Wars BattleFront. Splinter Cell (4 people). Resident EVIL Out Break 1 and 2. All those are broadbands ONLY. There are no PS2 third person shooter game thats not broadband only. Please use the facts and understand this game is going to be broadband only. If a 16 person game can lag with broadband only. There is no way in hell they going to use 56k. Please do not ask stupid questions.

wow, way to look down on things man, but anyway, there is a chance that they would do that dumb **** with the 56k, but the beta testers that use 56k are just there to see how bad it would be, they will most likely be gotten rid of

viZZiOn
18th Jun 2005, 20:13
u know alot of reason for lag is not the users...it is the FRAME-RATE lag....which simply means files are too big for the ps2 to handle all at once...thats why socom lags so bad....but i believe developers have found a new way to create games fer the ps2 to be less laggy and comprehend more easily so there is no more frame rate lag...makin files alot smaller so ur ps2 can read alot faster....

.......yep he's right

mbones50
18th Jun 2005, 20:57
u right its on the 25tl website at the bottom

J-Hood
18th Jun 2005, 21:04
Ok now I know 100% its offically Broadband. My bad the email confused me thats why I asked such a question.

viZZiOn
18th Jun 2005, 21:17
its all good man

ShyTown
20th Jun 2005, 02:57
*points and laughs at the PS2 users*

Xbox LIVE = broadband only, and a helluva lot less lag.

You know this game is only hyped on the PS2 ver.
This game is going to be another LIVE game for Xbox..cuz people are to caught up with Halo 2.

mbones50
20th Jun 2005, 06:10
nobody on xbox go really get this man

viZZiOn
20th Jun 2005, 06:35
^nah have to disagree, allthough there will be more users onthe PS2 than the xbox for this game, theres still going to be alot of people on Xbox

oh yeah

King: Ps2
Prince:Xbox
Jester:Gamecube
....any questions?