PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Trafalgar

timetraveller
17th Jun 2005, 23:30
It seems the Trafalgar historical scenario (sea battle) can be unlocked, and seems to be playable.

Go to the \Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes folder and look for the BattallasHistoricas.sb file. Open in a text editor. The last entry is the Trafalgar entry. Remove the pound signs (#) on all lines except for the battle name line.

Original looks like this:

#[
#Bah*a de Cádiz - Trafalgar
#.PROVINCIA 76
#.ESCENARIO "74"
#.DESCRIPCION "LTEXT_BATALLA_HISTORICA_TRAFALGAR"
#.TEXTO "LTEXT_HISTORICA_TRAFALGAR_INTRO"
#.MAPA "Game\GameModes\NavalBattleMode\Sceneries\74\batalla_historica.sb"
#]

Get rid of the leading #, except for one:

[
#Bah*a de Cádiz - Trafalgar
.PROVINCIA 76
.ESCENARIO "74"
.DESCRIPCION "LTEXT_BATALLA_HISTORICA_TRAFALGAR"
.TEXTO "LTEXT_HISTORICA_TRAFALGAR_INTRO"
.MAPA "Game\GameModes\NavalBattleMode\Sceneries\74\batalla_historica.sb"
]

Resave the file and play the scenario. I'm assuming it will play out correctly to a valid finish. It does play anyway. I tried it.

TT

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 23:54
very cool, nice work timetravler

Captain.Crunch
18th Jun 2005, 02:44
Nice find :p

Cro_Knight
18th Jun 2005, 03:29
i alread yfound this and posted about a lost file or an unlock but no one answered

timetraveller
18th Jun 2005, 12:35
i alread yfound this and posted about a lost file or an unlock but no one answered

Sorry, I hadn't seen it, Cro_Knight. All credit to you for the original discovery.

TT

Broadside
18th Jun 2005, 15:45
So is it worth unlocking or just the usual 6v6 ship scenario I can drag up with the quick battle facility??

timetraveller
18th Jun 2005, 15:53
So is it worth unlocking or just the usual 6v6 ship scenario I can drag up with the quick battle facility??

The ship battles in this game are not my thing. Looks the same to me as all the others. Maybe somebody else will have a better idea.

TT

Broadside
18th Jun 2005, 22:01
Judging by that reply its not worth it then - maybe when they patch the sea battles to include more ships and no "edge of the world" :rolleyes:

sick
18th Jun 2005, 22:50
Berdan was the first one to post this long time ago. I already discovered this before the game was released (I have a preview build) but noticed it wasn't possible to control the Spanish(?) fleet for some reason. I'm wondering if this still is the case?

Cro_Knight
18th Jun 2005, 22:50
well all we need to do is try to crack it like i tries to look for highlighted ocean territories on historical menu but ther aint one

timetraveller
18th Jun 2005, 23:41
It's there. Trafalgar battle.

http://img81.echo.cx/img81/9381/trafalgar8sc.jpg

Cro_Knight
19th Jun 2005, 01:00
can we play it

Broadside
19th Jun 2005, 15:34
Why bother when you can recreate it in the custom sea battles option? Its presumably just the usual 6v6 sea battle, cannot see why there is so much excitement about this one on here :confused:

Inferior Being
22nd Jun 2005, 20:47
What I want is a way to unlock all the countries in Quick Game-mode.

Broadside
22nd Jun 2005, 22:39
Maybe people are making the mistake that Trafalgar is a province for a land battle :confused: Errrm - guys - Trafalgar was a SEA battle off the Cape of Trafalgar :thumbsup:

Cro_Knight
23rd Jun 2005, 00:54
ther is a mod isaw it somewhere

Inferior Being
26th Jun 2005, 11:51
Mod for what?