PDA

View Full Version : Is Snowblind Copywrited (spelling)

Snowblind07
17th Jun 2005, 21:52
Ok i am going to be making a digital art gallery (im really good at photoshop) and i was thinking of having the name be Snowblind Graphics but than i was thinking "i wonder if the word Snowblind is copywrited(spelling)" becouse i dont want to get sued or something so can any of you help me out? :thumbsup: :) :rolleyes: :D :

vengence
18th Jun 2005, 05:00
the do not stop epople from geting fake copies of the game, i dont think they will stop you from using their art... nor does any game company :S

PostalP
19th Jun 2005, 06:44
the do not stop epople from geting fake copies of the game, i dont think they will stop you from using their art... nor does any game company :S

He's talking about the word "Snowblind," not the art from the game. Snowblind07, I don't believe there is any copyright on the word because I have seen that word prior to the announcement of Eidos' Project: Snowblind game. There is also a Snowblind Studios; I think they are in the videogame industry. You most likely won't get in trouble for the use of the word snowblind.

marker227
2nd Oct 2005, 19:51
is it for any educational purposes? if it is then copyright doesn't apply.

BoOm
8th Oct 2005, 19:13
snowblind is dead!

pyro256
8th Oct 2005, 21:02
snowblind is dead!

Ain't that something...

cyclic32
11th Oct 2005, 23:16
You cannot copywright a word, the expression is to make a particular word a 'registered' trade mark (also known as a device). If Snoblind is registered then you could technically be sued for using it if it implied any infringement of the registered mark. It's hard to tell since you dont say what kind of art you're thinking of.

jEj
12th Oct 2005, 16:37
Moot point now, hehe. That dude posted 3 odd months ago....he's probably done or not done w/e he was interested in doing.