PDA

View Full Version : Angela Lansbury to be voice of Lara?

Trinity34
17th Jun 2005, 17:37
tombraidercentral.net is reporting that Toby Gard has said that Angela Landsbury will be the new voice of Lara Croft.

Ben, do you have a link to the source of this news? Unless you interviewed Toby Gard yourself, of course.... :)

Klerik of Kaos
17th Jun 2005, 17:43
Who's that? I've never heard of her. Well let's just hope that she can do a great Lara Croft impression!

CatSuit&Ponytail
17th Jun 2005, 17:48
If the game is all a flashback of an older Lara, she'd be good as the narrator. But otherwise, buttery though it is, her voice is surely too mature. :)

Trinity34
17th Jun 2005, 17:51
Who's that? I've never heard of her. Well let's just hope that she can do a great Lara Croft impression!

Ever hear of a tv show called, "Murder She Wrote"?. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
17th Jun 2005, 17:54
Ever hear of a tv show called, "Murder She Wrote"?. :)
Since that was off the air by the time Kleric with a K was born..... ;) :p

Klerik of Kaos
17th Jun 2005, 17:55
I've heard of it before but I don't think I've ever watched it.

DKSM
17th Jun 2005, 18:22
How about 'Mrs. Potts' from Beauty and the Beast? :D

Mangar The Dark
17th Jun 2005, 19:12
Hey, this thread is stealing my joke!!!!

(oh well, imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, I guess.)

EDIT-- Ah, jeez... I see somebody took my joke and posted it as an actual rumor on tombraidercenter.net. And to think, I almost pretended that Danny Devito would be the voice. I wonder if they would have believed that, too?

17th Jun 2005, 19:53
No i took Managars post in another thread to be real!

MissLara2U
18th Jun 2005, 09:20
LMFAO!!!!!

http://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.com/images/Angela_Lansbury.JPG

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th Jun 2005, 09:29
LMFAO!!!!!

http://www.hymnsandcarolsofchristmas.com/images/Angela_Lansbury.JPG

What a lovely lady. :) I love her old b/w movies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As I said, I think that if the game is all a flashback of an older Lara, she'd be good as the narrator. :D Julie Andrews would also do, she was great as the Mom in Shrek2, hehehe ;)

MissLara2U
18th Jun 2005, 09:57
Angela is one of our best exports. She lives in the U.S. now, but I remember her in The Company Of Wolves and Murder She Wrote.

Guardian OF The Reaver
18th Jun 2005, 10:08
Thats's totally insane. I like the actot but she is just simply to old to voice Lara Croft.

It's Just mad. :eek:

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th Jun 2005, 10:08
I liked a lot of her work, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Miss Marple, The Manchurian Candidate, but I can't remember the names of all the b/w movies she made that I enjoyed seeing her in on Saturday mornings. :o

Sophia Leigh
18th Jun 2005, 12:16
Nice joke Toby :rolleyes:

Info on Angela: http://www.angelalansbury.net/home.html

Mangar The Dark
18th Jun 2005, 15:11
Ok, I have to clear up this joke. I made up that interview as a joke in another thread in which we were discussing possible voice actors. Toby never said anything about Angela Lansbury being Lara's voice. I never expected anyone to actually believe it!!

Johnny
18th Jun 2005, 17:23
Ok, I have to clear up this joke. I made up that interview as a joke in another thread in which we were discussing possible voice actors. Toby never said anything about Angela Lansbury being Lara's voice. I never expected anyone to actually believe it!!

LMFAO!!! :p *shakes fist* :D

Jsc
19th Jun 2005, 15:35
Oooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmgggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!

knightgames
20th Jun 2005, 07:31
:rolleyes: .... but on a side note. If anyone IS interseted in Angela Lansbury movies I'd HIGHLY recommend 'GASLIGHT.'

And you will see she was and still is (for 80ish years of age) a beautiful woman.

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th Jun 2005, 08:34
:rolleyes: .... but on a side note. If anyone IS interseted in Angela Lansbury movies I'd HIGHLY recommend 'GASLIGHT.'

And you will see she was and still is (for 80ish years of age) a beautiful woman.

:eek: THAT'S the movie I was trying to remember the name of!! :D Thanks knightgames! :)

Trinity34
20th Jun 2005, 15:26

What makes you think we believed it? :D

knightgames
20th Jun 2005, 17:22
Good movie isn't it?

CatSuit&Ponytail
21st Jun 2005, 11:03
I don't see how anyone who knew who Angela is could have believed it for a second, at least not as a young Lara as we have seen in Legend so far. :)

Yes, knightgames, I really enjoyed it, but it has been too long since I have seen it! :D

Johnny
21st Jun 2005, 14:59

I know the whole thought of Angela voicing Lara was ridiculous, but Mangar The Dark had me fooled for a second. :D:p

Alti
21st Jun 2005, 18:17
LOL! I really thought Angela Landsbury was doing Lara's voice!