PDA

View Full Version : Invisible enemy on mini-map during gameplay!

neutrino101
17th Jun 2005, 16:29
Click here to see a screenshot of the problem (http://www.gselectrical.org.uk/images/IGScreenshot.jpg)

I got this game about a week ago and was immediately impressed not only with the available land battles but also the naval ones.
However, three days after getting the game something happened to the mini-map shown in the top left-hand corner of the screen in both types of battle (land/naval):
While my men/ships were clearly visible along with the terrain and buildings, the enemy wasn't shown on the map! They were simply invisible to the map and therefore made it more difficult to play tactically. It didn't affect main gameplay at all and I could still see the enemy perfectly well in the actual 3D game view, but I couldn't see the enemy on the map.
I didn't make any changes to my computer or the game settings before this happened and can't understand why it went wrong!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Queeg
17th Jun 2005, 20:21
I usually just close the mini-map because it's in the way. But now that you mention it, I don't think the enemy shows up in my game either.

Eruan
17th Jun 2005, 23:04
Me neither :D i thought it was an issue on Hard level, in general, it's really pretty daft, a commander always sees the troops on the map :mad:

Gelatinous Cube
18th Jun 2005, 02:05
Same problem here. No enemy on the mini-maps.

Element-UK
18th Jun 2005, 11:05
It never shows them at the start but i've never noticed them not being there ever, due to closing it all the time anyway. It's not realistic and like was said earlier, it only gets in the way anyways.

c-mattio
18th Jun 2005, 11:25
When I played the game on easy, the enemy could be seen on the minimap, in medium they can't. I think its a difficulty thing. Odd that they've done it that way.

neutrino101
18th Jun 2005, 12:43
Thanks for the replies everyone, now i can stop worrying that theres something seriously wrong with my game! :thumbsup:

JayDee
18th Jun 2005, 17:08
When I played the game on easy, the enemy could be seen on the minimap, in medium they can't. I think its a difficulty thing. Odd that they've done it that way.

I second that, I went through all my settings too til I realised that was why it changed, it's definitely related to the difficulty settings ;)
JD