PDA

View Full Version : Are Rocket launchers for ?

viZZiOn
16th Jun 2005, 20:36
rocket launchers have been announced and i personally could care less, a skilled player can get around things such as campers and rockets (or in socoms case IWs)

Brabbit
16th Jun 2005, 20:37
I peronsally don't think rockets can ruin a game, but all respawn can.

viZZiOn
16th Jun 2005, 20:41
I peronsally don't think rockets can ruin a game, but all respawn can.

not true, look at halo tht game was sick, and oh, for your vote tocount you actually have to do it in the poll

mbones50
16th Jun 2005, 20:45
on 25tl rocket launchers are go be stupid cuz then u can blow everybody up in the house in go get the cash

Brabbit
16th Jun 2005, 20:46
I only play PS2 online games so I have never played halo before. Since 25 to life is trying to get players who play SOCOM, they should have the option of turning respawn on or off. 90% of the people who play socom don't like playing a all respawn game. So I can honestly say this game will fail if its all respawn game.

viZZiOn
16th Jun 2005, 20:48
I only play PS2 online games so I have never played halo before. Since 25 to life is trying to get players who play SOCOM, they should have the option of turning respawn on or off. 90% of the people who play socom don't like playing a all respawn game. So I can honestly say this game will fail if its all respawn game.

oh yeah i agree with you there, but respawn or not, i'm still getting the game

Brabbit
16th Jun 2005, 20:50
If its all respawn. I will rent it first or read the reviews. Then consider buying it.

mbones50
16th Jun 2005, 20:51
same here man its still go be sick

J-Hood
16th Jun 2005, 21:39
on 25tl rocket launchers are go be stupid cuz then u can blow everybody up in the house in go get the cash

I think they said not every weapon will be for every level. I hope people dont start banning weapons early or itll end up exactly like socom. Me personally I like rockets I just hate going to lobbys and people getting mad because I killed them which is the object of the game. If rockets get band I guarnteed other weapons will and its socom all over again.

mbones50
16th Jun 2005, 23:49
yall the host can limit the amount of weapons in a game

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 03:51
I think they said not every weapon will be for every level. I hope people dont start banning weapons early or itll end up exactly like socom. Me personally I like rockets I just hate going to lobbys and people getting mad because I killed them which is the object of the game. If rockets get band I guarnteed other weapons will and its socom all over again.

exactly, if its in the game whos to say you cant use it?
i personally dont use them, but people spent thier money to get the game, and they can play it however they please

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 03:53
yall the host can limit the amount of weapons in a game

yep, i think it sais so in the developers interview#2 at gamespot i think :thumbsup:

ShyTown
17th Jun 2005, 04:03
I dont think rockets are going to dominant the game...they should have..how many people can have rockets..so it wont be so overpowering...but they didnt they say everything is really balanced so I can only imagine the gangsters side.

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 04:19
the game should be pretty ballanced all in all
ex: police have grenades that cause more damage
thugs have molitovs that cause the area to stay on fire for a while(can block paths)

so all in all i think its gonna turn out great

VideoGameMaster
17th Jun 2005, 05:47
:mad: its not even gonna matter if rockets are in the game if its all respawn...hell...u might as well give every1 a nuke if its all respawn

Brabbit
17th Jun 2005, 06:33
:mad: its not even gonna matter if rockets are in the game if its all respawn...hell...u might as well give every1 a nuke if its all respawn

I don't want to get your hopes up, but nothing has confirmed its a all respawn game. There just been talk about respawn and nothing about rounds. There is still a chance it might have rounds.

mbones50
17th Jun 2005, 06:35
its cool thats its respawn look how the modes are set up first

EC_KING
17th Jun 2005, 09:26
well looking at DEVELOPRES INTERVIEW#2 http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/25tolife/media.html (http://) i'd say that much of the way the game is played out is up to the "CREATER" of the room. being this always has SOCOM compaired to it, then YES it would. But if not and there always there, i'd think that the rounds for them will be few. i hope anyway. And in the ONLINE CLAN WARS for SOCOM we don't really play much Rocket of any kind, it's just to much disadvantage. Oh and if you play with it in a open room.....guess what.....you will be voted out BEFORE the end of the game. But again we'll see what they come up with.

Klaydoggy
17th Jun 2005, 12:15
I wouldn't mind rocket launchers if they did it right, like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. They knew rockets would be WAY too powerful, so they punished the player for using it.

In the game, you only had one promary weapon, and a pistol, so if you chose a rocket launcher, that's what you were stuck with, with only a weak pistol as your backup. That, and when you were carrying it, you ran WAY SLOW... and it took a good minute to get another rocket ready to fire once you fired one off.

Needless to say, not many people used them, and if they did, they needed other teammates to protect them all the time, not like in SOCOM where you can quickswitch with a rifle.

J-Hood
17th Jun 2005, 13:07
I think they made Rocket Launchers because they also made Grenade Launchers.

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 15:48

if you have no interest in playing this gmae anymore....why still post here?

VideoGameMaster
17th Jun 2005, 16:36
my intrest remians with this game solely for the purpose that its still round based....i think this game will be freakin better than socom if its round based...if its all respawn..then i lost all respect fer this game...i'll go back goldeneye for nintendo 64...respawn is just pointless....mainly just fun among friends fer doin dum stuff...but if it is indeed round based...i will be the first to buy it ever since december when i first heard about this game

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 17:52
my intrest remians with this game solely for the purpose that its still round based....i think this game will be freakin better than socom if its round based...if its all respawn..then i lost all respect fer this game...i'll go back goldeneye for nintendo 64...respawn is just pointless....mainly just fun among friends fer doin dum stuff...but if it is indeed round based...i will be the first to buy it ever since december when i first heard about this game

nothing sais that respawn would completely kill the game, if its set up correctly (which it looks like it will be) i think it will just provide a more intense game

-rounds are still good though

ShyTown
17th Jun 2005, 17:56
I wouldn't mind rocket launchers if they did it right, like in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. They knew rockets would be WAY too powerful, so they punished the player for using it.

In the game, you only had one promary weapon, and a pistol, so if you chose a rocket launcher, that's what you were stuck with, with only a weak pistol as your backup. That, and when you were carrying it, you ran WAY SLOW... and it took a good minute to get another rocket ready to fire once you fired one off.

Needless to say, not many people used them, and if they did, they needed other teammates to protect them all the time, not like in SOCOM where you can quickswitch with a rifle.

Thats what I think their gonna do with this game...

And right now I don't care if its respawn or round based cuz all the modes seem to be fine for respawn..

viZZiOn
17th Jun 2005, 18:07
right now I don't care if its respawn or round based cuz all the modes seem to be fine for respawn..

exactly what i'm saying

mbones50
17th Jun 2005, 20:01
if u look how the modes are set up then people will know y its respawn

viZZiOn
18th Jun 2005, 20:18
if u look how the modes are set up then people will know y its respawn

yes thats exactly what me and shytown have been saying, people just flip out cause its not a socom rip-off, people should be HAPPY that its not just another generic game

mbones50
18th Jun 2005, 20:49
they just use to socom man they cant just copy off of that

viZZiOn
18th Jun 2005, 21:24
:eek: oh i know, ignorance just annoys me