PDA

View Full Version : Please don't make Vin Diesel Hitman!

chris_sped
16th Jun 2005, 14:40
I just read what might have been a rumor, but it said that Eidos might be considering putting Vin Diesel in the next Hitman Game! If he's in the movie, that's fine, but why put a real person in a game, especially when 47 is already one of the best characters around! I am a fan of Hitman and purchased Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts when they first came out! I think turning 47 into a Hollywood actor will be a mistake. Does anyone agree?

Mike_B
16th Jun 2005, 18:19
From what I've read it's just in the movie.

Don't necessarily think that's such a bad idea seeing as he's a gamer himself.

kon1g
16th Jun 2005, 18:34
I for one will not be buying the next Hitman if Vin has his voice and his likeness in the game. Way to ruin the series for some kind of total media franchise. It is bad enough that the bad acting muscle bound lug nut is playing the sleek and stealthy genetically engineered 47 in the movie, it's an insult to the game. The two do not have the same presence or looks and that will in the end be the downfall of the movie and the game series. I don't blame Fox for trying to boost a risky game to movie production with the casting of a semi-star the Vin is, but it is intellectual murder, bottom line. On top of it all, he wants his own game production company to muscle in on IO to make the next game, this is all pretty bad.

Expect Blood Money to be the last true Hitman of the series.

RIP Hitman :(

Ghost_loy
21st Jun 2005, 03:41
I for one will not be buying the next Hitman if Vin has his voice and his likeness in the game. Way to ruin the series for some kind of total media franchise. It is bad enough that the bad acting muscle bound lug nut is playing the sleek and stealthy genetically engineered 47 in the movie, it's an insult to the game. The two do not have the same presence or looks and that will in the end be the downfall of the movie and the game series. I don't blame Fox for trying to boost a risky game to movie production with the casting of a semi-star the Vin is, but it is intellectual murder, bottom line. On top of it all, he wants his own game production company to muscle in on IO to make the next game, this is all pretty bad.

Expect Blood Money to be the last true Hitman of the series.

RIP Hitman :(

you made me wanna crie

naughton16
23rd Nov 2005, 06:50
If Vin Diesel is allowed to replace our current and beloved Agent 47, I will feel betrayed by IO Interactive and Eidos. Other fans as well will feel backstabbed by your two great companies if you allow this to happen. Please consider the quality and integrity that has been placed into Agent 47 over these past years. If you replace Agent 47 as we know him, you'll be betraying your employees that have worked so hard creating this beloved character. Please do not let this happen. :( :( :( :(

snodawg
2nd Jan 2006, 23:06
"Our source reveals that, in addition to his starring role in the film, Diesel is expected to do voice and motion-capture work for the next version of Hitman that will coincide with the film's release." - IGN

I think if the film ISN'T completely different from the game then it could be good. So long as they don't Americanise it all then I think I'll like it ;)

fezz47@msn.com
8th Jan 2006, 16:58
I personally think Vin is perfect for the game and movie.

He is a huge gamer himself and Rid**** Butcher Bay is one of the best single player games ever made which he did have a hand in making.

Mike_B
2nd Feb 2006, 10:01
Slightly related to the movie. I don't know what the latest rumours were for who would direct it but this thing here is an extra reason not to take Uwe Boll:

http://www.cinemablend.com/feature.php?id=209

Boll's response:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62899

zakmaxwell
13th May 2006, 20:32
Vin Deisal as agent 47..... (twilight zone music plays)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
(pant pant pant pant)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

zakmaxwell
13th May 2006, 20:50
They cant put Vin Deisel in the game. Hes got his own damn game escape from butcher whatever. I dont want to play generic hollywood movie game #36 I wana play HITMAN.

No wait an idea..... Put Vin in the game but just as some one you have to kill. I can see it now agent 47 creeping into Vin Deisels hollywood mansion and killing him with an axe, no a chainsaw. Then to complete the mission he then kills anyone involved with the making of the movie Tripple x.....But not Samuel .L. mabey just give him a savage beating.

martin88
15th May 2006, 18:43
It's been known for months now that vin will only play in the definatly-going-to-flop movie. He will not be in any future games.

Hitman Legacy
16th May 2006, 13:00
Ha ha ha ha lol! :lol:

Please don't make Vin Diesel Hitman!

Damn...

It's up to them...

kon1g
6th Jun 2006, 04:35
I want to say that I am confident that Eidos will do the right thing and not sell out, but I'm not too sure.

Realistically anyone with any kind of artistic integrity would not consider this for a second, but this is a world where money controls everything. As an Economics major I would think that alienating your core audience by changing the character that everyone fell in love with would not be economically wise.

I hope that they do their math and heed the calls of the community which is so loyal to this series.

Just say no to selling out, Vin Diesel and Hollywood packages. We aren't in this for some congolmerate media deal or for movies or hollywood, we are in this for Agent 47 as he is and for games, not some beefcake from Hollywood.

martin88
7th Jun 2006, 10:52
Besides, if you want to impress the kids get this guy:
http://emilgpe.iespana.es/emilgpe/grandes/transporter.jpg

It's generally accepted that The Transporter > Anything Vin does.

They'll see hitman posters, and think "Its the dude from Transporter! awesome!"

Besides, he fits the role so much better.

krazed
15th Jun 2006, 22:39
dammit i want the transporter guy! not stupid ass chunk gasoline boy!

TobiasReiper
24th Jun 2006, 00:34
JASON STATHAM

or......

JEAN RENO

or possibly

CHOW YUN FAT

But VIN DIESEL???????

Tragic.....

Prol33tariat
29th Jun 2006, 01:43
I just read what might have been a rumor, but it said that Eidos might be considering putting Vin Diesel in the next Hitman Game! If he's in the movie, that's fine, but why put a real person in a game, especially when 47 is already one of the best characters around! I am a fan of Hitman and purchased Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts when they first came out! I think turning 47 into a Hollywood actor will be a mistake. Does anyone agree?

i made another thread but i thought i would put this here

K, guys, this is one of the great franchises of the last ten years as far as video games go.

everything about it is top tier.

i have no complaints.

BUT, as far as the cinema goes, you guys are on the verge of making a huge huge mistake. Casting Vin Diesel as 47, be it for bank roll, or notoriety, is a large mistake...don't get me wrong i live by the sicillian creedo, never pay for anything with your own money, but this is the wrong move.

David bateson is the man for the job, the voice the face, the persona everything is his.

Vin, although notworthy, and well known in AMErica, IS a bad choice, yes he has some acting prowess, but cmon, Bateson is the role, he has been playing it now for almost 10 years.

You guys have openly stated the face has been somwhat modeled after his likeness, i think you are pissing away a huge opportunity to bring some credibility to a genre of film(game to cinema conversion) that is bogged down and dying, so what do we see except 80% uwe boll travesties and Mortal kombat....now we got vin diesel playing 47 when a walking talking CLONE of the Fictional 47 is roaming the earth, in obscurity, and his perfect part is going to go right past.

imagine david bateson watching the film with diesel on the screen, spewing that tough guy crap all over as an excuse of 47...

do the real agent 47 justcie, give him the role he is BORN TO PLAY.

DAVID BATESON AS AGENT 47.

and please don't let uwe boll write the screenplay, for the love of all that is contract killing

Prol33tariat
29th Jun 2006, 01:45
JASON STATHAM

or......

JEAN RENO

or possibly

CHOW YUN FAT

But VIN DIESEL???????

Tragic.....

jean reno=leon

statham= maybe (better than vin diesel)

YUN-FAT= HAHAHAH he is asian?

******* DAVID BATESON ANYONE

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he is 47, like quite literally, the face and the voice

C'mon

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

and yes, if vin becomes fourty seven in future games i will be done with hitman and playing contracts and blood money until they break or i die.

VIN DIESEL IS NO GOOD FOR HITMAN

rexxar
29th Jun 2006, 11:59
VIN DIESEL IS THE WORST GUY FOR PLAYING HITMAN !!!!! Jason Statham looks like 47... talks like 47... he is the guy for the role !!!!! VIN DIESEL is completelly different from agent 47 !!!!! This also refers to the next episode of the game !! Neither the appearance nor the voice of 47 needs changes. YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE A LOT OF MONEY !!!! AND RAITING !!!!

Viper101
30th Jun 2006, 22:25
i think vin shouldent

A_Z
1st Jul 2006, 03:03
Come on guys...
Stop complaining!!!
I know Vin is a complete crap for 47's role (and everything he has done) , but there is nothing we can do now.
It is already done, Vin will do the 47's role (what i have heard) and a bunch of guys complaining in this forums will not help.

The only solution I came up with was hiring a real Hitman to make the dirty job, and that way avoid Vin from acting in this movie...well, from acting at all.. :D :nut:

Viper101
1st Jul 2006, 06:23
Come on guys...
Stop complaining!!!
I know Vin is a complete crap for 47's role (and everything he has done) , but there is nothing we can do now.
It is already done, Vin will do the 47's role (what i have heard) and a bunch of guys complaining in this forums will not help.

The only solution I came up with was hiring a real Hitman to make the dirty job, and that way avoid Vin from acting in this movie...well, from acting at all.. :D :nut:lmao smart mindind but still i could silince him :D

rexxar
7th Jul 2006, 10:39
I'm not going to buy the next episode of Hitman if Vin is in there... He is not for this role !!!! He doesn't even look like 47 !!!! The movie will be a fail, so will be the game with him inside.

A_Z
21st Jul 2006, 07:08
OHHH MY GOD!!!!
I was just hanging arroud on the web, and found this terrible pic
WARNING: SHOCKING CONTENT
http://thor.mirtna.org/oddities/lookalikes/pics/vin_diesel_-_47_hitman.jpg
The only similarity that Vin has with 47 is that both are bald...
...just that...
He doesn't suit the character!!!:mad2:

WarDemon
21st Jul 2006, 15:25
They should have chose Jason Statham. He looks like him and has the same accent (but different voice). Plus if you saw the transprter, he already fits that type of role.

Gamer105
21st Jul 2006, 20:24
Its too bad... But... Its official, he will be.... 47.... Well... Who knows? Maybe he will do it good, but the chances are low.....

A_Z
22nd Jul 2006, 12:06
Yup!!
We all agree with that, Jason Statham is the one for the role...
but the only thing we can do is....
....nothing.......

yes gamer105, faith is the last thing to lose

............:(

Dreamscaper
20th Jul 2007, 12:58
I know I'm a little late on this reply, but incase you all did not know it's not going to be Vin, it's Timothy Olyphant (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648249/) from the new Die Hard movie. He was the one who played the main antagonist. Not so bad, but I really would have liked to have seen Jason Statham as 47...just seems a little more familiar.

butcher.LSN
20th Jul 2007, 14:21
this is the official Hitman movie trailer, the guy is not vin disel

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CHjfLG21HH8

ditom
22nd Aug 2007, 14:05
Dude who played in Clank and Transporter would be the best choice

seifullaah73
3rd Nov 2007, 21:06
Here is a petition to stop Vin Diesel taking the part of codename 47 hitman

http://www.petitiononline.com/QX3MJ/petition-sign.html?

stop this madness.

Psykopig
22nd Nov 2007, 19:52
well the film is out...its Timothy Olyphont.

But Vin Diesal is an executive producer!!! :lol: