PDA

View Full Version : The game is NOT too easy

zizzenet
16th Jun 2005, 11:22
Oh, i'm trying to do anything at medium with France, but no success. The AI is so agressive. I try it third time, but everyone is in a coalition against me. Prussia and Austria is next to me, and took some regions from me. Great-Britain occupied Spain and Portugal and was at war with me quasi from the beginning. Now we are in Alliance with Great-Britain but it is not too helpful. So, i am always in a difficult situation in this game... The AI is a bit too agressive or not? (Or maybe i play it wrong.) However, i enjoy the game.

Capt. Hawkins
16th Jun 2005, 13:16
I find tha AI doesn't Research much.......I'm fighting my First Campagain as Brits.....Medium Set. It's 1809 and there are still "Thugs" roaming around France.... :eek: I figured by now to have seen "Top of the Line Troops" from them? I OWN the Sea's with my Frigates..... France is still running around in Sloops.....

Does it Research better in the "Hard" settings..... :confused:

Eruan
16th Jun 2005, 13:22
Haha yeah, AI makes way too much artillery and militia :confused: hmm, i've never seen any ships of the line, nor any horse pulled artillery except from in my army of course :D Only ones the French had about 9 battalions of Imperial Guard, but then again I played the game till 1830 :confused:

Cpt.HooK
16th Jun 2005, 14:29
I'm currently playing on medium as the Brits its 1811 and i'm only just getting enough armies to go on the offensive i hold Portugal,a southern province of Spain,Piedemont,Hanover,Denmark and Sweden.France holds 3 minors in central Europe,the rest of spain and north africa up to Egypt.Everything else is Russian.

I'm maybe a 1/3 into 3rd era all the AI are still in the second i have completed all quests so far but i early one early i missed

The french armies are made up mostly of line and light infrantry with lots of arty

The russians have been fighting alot they have taken prussia and austria atleast 2 times each they have generals as far as the eye can see and elite troops.

The only way to hold off the AI is with numbers and if you stack you troops on there borders they not like it.

Diplomacy also plays a big part i payed all my cash for a defensive alliance with Russia so i can attack France :thumbsup:

Preveze1538
16th Jun 2005, 21:25
I'm sorry but you are wrong, this game is tooooo easy, even in hard mode. Just wait until the time is right for your expansion. At the beginning of the game, your tech is equal so the game is not so easy but when you reach second era, no one can resist to you!

Element-UK
22nd Jun 2005, 10:27
Your both right actually. In the early game it is Hardest but once you are halfway through the 2nd era sometimes earlier, it eases up due to you having a sufficient strength to never have to worry again.

My thoughts on this are simple deductions. Noone should be making Militia units unless totally desperate for both a quick defense and shortage of cash. They all make far too many Light Inf units that get slaughtered even by Militia with their way to low Melee skill and the 'wrong' 2 turns to make. No country makes the best units they are capable of. 4 Hard Campaigns now and I have never seen more than 1 Enemy Frigate, Never encountered Elite Infantry apart from Jager/Riflemen. Never seen any serious attempts to make an Invasion army of proper make up or strength. All they need to do to make this harder in the long run is to make the AI actually build what it's capable of. The fights get dull purely due to lack of challenge.
I would like to see a Hardcoded Rule - Never attack the Enemy with a weaker Force or Less units. Surely that should not be difficult to write into a game like this ?

Sithaka
22nd Jun 2005, 10:39
I would like to see a Hardcoded Rule - Never attack the Enemy with a weaker Force or Less units. Surely that should not be difficult to write into a game like this ?
I think the AI already does that, except what they think is a superior force isnt in reality. The game inflates the strength of cannons, sure they can be great. However only if you can actually defend from charges/musketfire. So 2 light infantry+10 cannons isnt superior to 2 militia+2 cavalry, but the game would say it is.

Also I dont think I ever seen the game build 12 pounders or horse artillery. Resulting in me having the longer ranged cannons and even if he is in a defensive position I can coax him out of it.

SharpFish
22nd Jun 2005, 10:54
Also I dont think I ever seen the game build 12 pounders or horse artillery. Resulting in me having the longer ranged cannons and even if he is in a defensive position I can coax him out of it.

I have certainly seen the Russians field 12-pounders in my current game.

Element-UK
22nd Jun 2005, 15:16
Yep, I have seen plenty of 12-pounders, even rockets.