PDA

View Full Version : Score or Total victory?

Napaleonic blitzkrieg
15th Jun 2005, 15:37
Hi :) I'm wondering what victory conditon type do you guys prefer more: Score or Total victory? Has anyone noticed some differences in AI behaviour, e.g. is comp more agressive or smth, cause I'm about to start a new campaign on hard and want your advice :thumbsup:

Gorasonas
15th Jun 2005, 16:23
total victory

Nial
15th Jun 2005, 16:24
Total ............. ;)

Dravin
15th Jun 2005, 21:01
The problem is that when I play score I get bored and take over the world. :)

Lt. Kyuzo
15th Jun 2005, 21:09
i prefer to play total as i feel like i have more freedom to take my time to build up my nation and army etc, just feels nicer and more realistic so to speak

Captain.Crunch
16th Jun 2005, 02:21
Hi :) I'm wondering what victory conditon type do you guys prefer more: Score or Total victory? Has anyone noticed some differences in AI behaviour, e.g. is comp more agressive or smth, cause I'm about to start a new campaign on hard and want your advice :thumbsup:

total victory :thumbsup:

Oststar
16th Jun 2005, 06:57

Total because score turns into that for me anyway... The pace is so fast that within a decade the continent is almost totally controlled by Britain, Russia and I (France) a quarter to me, third to Britian and a half for Russia. That's within a decade.

So go total.

Broadside
16th Jun 2005, 10:54
Played both and prefer Total Victory

Capt. Hawkins
16th Jun 2005, 13:18
Total......... :D

Longstreet63
17th Jun 2005, 02:59
It hardly matters to me. I've never been able to stop winning before 1830 so far. Even when I play around building serial resistance cells in my few opponents' minors. All the Score option does is remind me when a year is up and put me on a high score list at the end. I expected it to take longer on Hard, but no. When I play a continental power, I have to conquer to survive (since I have no money to make pointless temporary peace and need to grab additional resources from one guy to fight off the other six DOW's.) When I play Britain, I end up with a similar situation in my minor posessions. I've begun to hate playing the Brits because I never seem to end up using any actual British units.

So I usually end up playing Total to save the click at the end of the year.

LS

giskard
17th Jun 2005, 16:47
So far ive always finished my campaigns long before 1830. So i could play either way but I usually play Total victory.

I rather like the yearly updates the score gaves you though.

PS HARD is fun, dont expect to win but you should expect to feel the pressure :)

Giskard