PDA

View Full Version : Feature Transfer Error

andymc
15th Jun 2005, 14:44
I can't install the game. Every time I try to install it I get the following error

Feature Transfer Error

Feature: Game Files
Component: Binaries
File: D:\data3.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

I've reviewed the various posts and haven't found a solution that works for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaywalker2309
15th Jun 2005, 14:49
I can't install the game. Every time I try to install it I get the following error

Feature Transfer Error

Feature: Game Files
Component: Binaries
File: D:\data3.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

I've reviewed the various posts and haven't found a solution that works for me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyclic redundancy check errors means your dvd drive is not able to read the data from the disc.. give it a wipe with a dry soft cloth and try again. If that not work go back to retailer and swap for another disc.

You could try copy the files off the disc in to a folder, then try install from there, but i have a feeling you'll get a Cyclic error during copying.

andymc
15th Jun 2005, 14:55
Ack... You're right. I checked the disk and found a bit of gunk on it. It doesn't appear to come off, so if I can't set the file to my hd then back to the store it goes :( and I think that I bought the only copy of IG that they had in stock :(

jaywalker2309
15th Jun 2005, 14:56
Ack... You're right. I checked the disk and found a bit of gunk on it. It doesn't appear to come off, so if I can't set the file to my hd then back to the store it goes :( and I think that I bought the only copy of IG that they had in stock :(

Still give it a good wipe, sometimes its enough for the data correction to work

andymc
15th Jun 2005, 15:07
I did. Got the gunk off, only to reveal some significant scratches that wont allow for a reading :(