PDA

View Full Version : Border Posts Query

Element-UK
14th Jun 2005, 10:19
Can anyone confirm that these are actually working or not ? As Austria I have two. One in Lombardy and one in the Helvatian Province. They have been going for a few turns now and nothing shows up as being 'Gold from Foreign Taxes' under the Commercial view when clicking on my two Border Post provinces. When I click on the Neighbours to see their Trade Routes, there are many going through my twp provinces as well. If there NOT working then this needs to be reported as a bug ! I'm sure many people are building them and at no small expense.

Cpt.HooK
14th Jun 2005, 10:53
I built a few in europe right in the middle of France and Austria they both had foreign trade running through but i didn't see any extra income.

Longstreet63
19th Jun 2005, 20:33
I don't know if they work for me, but they work for the AI. If you play long enough, you can see the taxes from them being taken out of your trade routes. So maybe they work best as offensive trade weapons.

Sithaka
19th Jun 2005, 21:28
as far as I know, you need to build them only in your own empires capital. Atleast thats when I get the income from it.

Element-UK
21st Jun 2005, 09:24
? But then they are not on your Borders where the neighbours cash flow goes through. Once you have researched to see their trade routes by clicking on their colour province. Sometimes their trade does not even reach your capital.

Sithaka
21st Jun 2005, 09:33
? But then they are not on your Borders where the neighbours cash flow goes through. Once you have researched to see their trade routes by clicking on their colour province. Sometimes their trade does not even reach your capital.
I dont understand it either, but in my experience you need to build it there. Possibly to do with building something in your capital makes it work for your whole empire (similar like the influence and smuggling buildings).

SharpFish
21st Jun 2005, 10:45
Not sure myself, but I did see this: when using commercial espionage to examine a rivals trade route entering my territory, it said X gold earned, Y gold lost to taxes. This suggests that it decreases the gold received by your trading partners; whether or not YOU get the gold, I don't know.

Nial
21st Jun 2005, 15:30
You get the gold. I noticed my income jump substantialy.

Queeg
21st Jun 2005, 21:23
I know you get the gold. I've seen my income jump after building them. I'm not much of a ledger person, though, so I can't tell you where it shows up in the books.

Element-UK
22nd Jun 2005, 10:12
Thats the point exactly, it doesn't show up where it should. The Gold due to taxes line under the info about your commercial route. It has to be a bug. So far then it seems to be working from the Neighbours side but it's just not visible in our own info. These things are often a simple text error in the code etc. ust wondering if it's something that needs a fix ?

Additional: The above ppl are correct. The money does jump up. However it only shows as a minus on the Neighbours commerce and not as a Tax collected on your own. So this is then a bug in the respect of it not being a completed work or something that although small is still an error. Thanks ppl.