PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

Killa_Cam'ron
13th Jun 2005, 18:35
is dis whole game respawn?i hope it aint cuz i hate dat *****!! if its respawn thats 50% of the fun took out of the game becuz if all the maps arent respawn you will have to hide out but if the whole game is respawn then weapons like snipers and things wont even be neccesary and i all ready kno if its respawn everyone will jus run around with a shotty i can already tell this game will be a flop like byw1 byw 2 tomb raider angle of darkness and every other eidos ps2 game

EC_KING
13th Jun 2005, 19:19
i don't think so, from something i read it seems like you might have a option. I hope they put in a opition for both non-respawn too.

mbones50
13th Jun 2005, 22:36
yea it is respawn but its a like a time limit in it aand guys look at halo

VideoGameMaster
13th Jun 2005, 23:06
as i posted b4..i lost alot of hype if this whole thing is respawn...its just not what i expected.....i dunno...i cant even imagine now....i posted sumwhere else about this..i think it was:arresting ppl online..yes it was nd heres my input ..." ......u mean to tell me this whole game is a freakin respawn?....ive been waiting this long fer a freakin respawn game?!?!?!....ill tell yah what buddy..there better be a better system than that...i like socoms becuz of the fact that u die...ur dead and out of the game till next round...not just ten seconds.....i mean yeh THERE IS a respawn option....nd if its all respawn then how do u win clan battles?..which is used fer a wrmup....so please dont shatter my dreams of this game nd tell me the whole thing is respawn......i guess i could live with that...but it wasnt what i expected...that kinda lowers my hype now.... ......sum1 plz tell me thing isnt a respawn game"

and also..how can u battle other clans in a freakin respawn??...or how can u play capture the stash when its respawn?...i just dont understand....i can understand respawn for tag mode..but everything else..ughh...deathmatch...better be teams nd stuff nd rounds or this game will just be pointless :mad:

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 01:43
if it's all respawn... that would SUK....i mean all the other shooter games that are all respawn are down the bottom of the pack. xbox guys may be used to this. playing live and all, but ps2 guys are used to rounds. just check the socom respawn rooms. YOU WILL SEE, not many stay there. i hope RESPAWN is a option. delaying this game this whole time, damm i'd hate to see that.

Klaydoggy
14th Jun 2005, 02:27
"Us Xbox users" have games that are both respawn and round based.

We are used to both.

I am thinking the reason the PS2 crowd doesn't like respawn is because you don't get to play otherwise that often. I mean, other than SOCOM, there isn't much out there for you...unless you want to play the PS2 version of Battlefront (sucks), or Killzone (SOCOM is better)

Us Xboxers have round based games that are good (Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon) and also respawn games (Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship 2, Halo, etc)

We can play either.

Personally I prefer respawn, but that's just me.

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 02:43
this game is respawn

VideoGameMaster
14th Jun 2005, 03:08
:mad: ...GREAT!.. :eek: ..freakin...ugh....guess ill be waiting fer socom 3 now...respawn ..the whole thing..wow.....life is unfair and cruel and unusual....im going to light my underwear on fire and stand in my bathtub of gasoline and gunpowder with a radio... :thumbsup: .....UGH....so.....disappointed......nd ghost recon sux......but counter strike is a good game..useta play that fer PC way back in the day...well sports fans..this may be the worst news i've heard since.....ever......freakin videogames...ughhhh..HEY BETA TESTERS....TELL EM TO TAKE IT BACK ND FIX IT TO ROUNDS :thumbsup: :cool:

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 03:19
wow, i've wasted so much time looking at this ****, if it in fact is respawn i'll be getting socom3

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 03:23
VideoGameMaster
"..HEY BETA TESTERS....TELL EM TO TAKE IT BACK ND FIX IT TO ROUNDS"

YEA, But would they listen? i'm not happy, a option for RESPAWN would of been fine. it's a BIG DEAL, :( i played BATTLEFIELD on the pc and yes it was fun, But So far not any FULL RESPAWN SHOOTER's for ps2 has made the cut. Time will tell i guess.

Another thing, whats up with the 25 to life developers, why is everything so secret? DAMM i mean i read about the BETA on another forum 1st. I see all the nice programing/game development in the game, GREAT promo vid's and not a detailed answer here. The stuff i see is from guys looking elsewhere. whats up with that?

p.s-if this was my "baby" i'd have a 25TL HOTLINE about it.

ShyTown
14th Jun 2005, 03:44
"Us Xbox users" have games that are both respawn and round based.

We are used to both.

I am thinking the reason the PS2 crowd doesn't like respawn is because you don't get to play otherwise that often. I mean, other than SOCOM, there isn't much out there for you...unless you want to play the PS2 version of Battlefront (sucks), or Killzone (SOCOM is better)

Us Xboxers have round based games that are good (Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon) and also respawn games (Wolfenstein, Unreal Championship 2, Halo, etc)

We can play either.

Personally I prefer respawn, but that's just me.

I have Counter-Strike...theres respawn? Its basically the same as Socom and I rented R6 before...isn't almost the same thing..liek rounds.

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 03:55
yo shy im still go get it man cuz look at halo man its respawn

xplicit
14th Jun 2005, 04:02
i know you'll be able to choose if its respwan or not, so just chill :D

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 04:16
i know you'll be able to choose if its respwan or not, so just chill :D

thank you xplicit, you just restored my faith that this games gonna kick ass :thumbsup:

xplicit
14th Jun 2005, 04:21
i dont think eidos would make it all respawn if they want it to compete with the socom series... :thumbsup:

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 04:22
Bones....
where did you see that it's only RESPAWN? i just watched DEVELOPER'S INTERVIEWS 1 and 2 again. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/25tolife/media.html (http://) and nothing was said about it being only respawn. DEV. INTV#2 said the 25TL is made for online play 1st and foremost, also he said that the maps can be set many different ways by the host. DEV.INTV#1 directly says SOCOM. i can't see this being a 100% full respawn only game. Thats crazy, seems these guys played Socom b4 and they should know how many guys play respawn rooms only. i mean straight up 25TL is trying to take players from other games correct? create a player base. DEV INTV#2 stated the next stage will have more. So i think adding to what works is the way to go. i know that this is for ps2/xbox/pc and somethings will be the same. But just saying SOCOM to me is their after that player base at least.

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 04:24
Bones....
where did you see that it's only RESPAWN? i just watched DEVELOPER'S INTERVIEWS 1 and 2 again. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/25tolife/media.html (http://) and nothing was said about it being only respawn. DEV. INTV#2 said the 25TL is made for online play 1st and foremost, also he said that the maps can be set many different ways by the host. DEV.INTV#1 directly says SOCOM. i can't see this being a 100% full respawn only game. Thats crazy, seems these guys played Socom b4 and they should know how many guys play respawn rooms only. i mean straight up 25TL is trying to take players from other games correct? create a player base. DEV INTV#2 stated the next stage will have more. So i think adding to what works is the way to go. i know that this is for ps2/xbox/pc and somethings will be the same. But just saying SOCOM to me is their after that player base at least.

......word

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 04:29
OK, So NOW can we get some guys here in the OWN DEVELOPERS FORUMS that will ANSWER some of our Questions. Like i said i just watched both developers interviews. BOTH were HYPED about this game, The DAM BETA i want to be a part of IS OUT, and to me theres no "secret" anymore. Lets work on this, This game looks like it will KICKA** and theres 1 last chance to have a little imput b4 it's released. Really i'm kinda pissed cause i see all the work the 25TL crew is putting in and the following is "kinda" in the dark. ....

PC Snake_EYEZ
14th Jun 2005, 16:07
I have a real simple queston! Could somebody please tell me why there is 3 or 4 different threads all about respawn? Couldnt we keep it to just one?

ShyTown
14th Jun 2005, 16:10
Only thing we can do is wait for the beta testers to see if its all respawn or is it optional..

BEER
14th Jun 2005, 16:35
let me make one simple point real quick....if you're basing your "it's all respawn" theories on the videos released so far then just calm down and think for a second. it's like a commercial people, they're gonna use respawn in the vids for the constant action, they're not gonna bore you with a 30 second clip of one lone guy running all over the map looking for the last 2 guys on the other team.

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 17:19
let me make one simple point real quick....if you're basing your "it's all respawn" theories on the videos released so far then just calm down and think for a second. it's like a commercial people, they're gonna use respawn in the vids for the constant action, they're not gonna bore you with a 30 second clip of one lone guy running all over the map looking for the last 2 guys on the other team.

......word

ShyTown
14th Jun 2005, 17:57

tru that..ive never thought of that way.

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 18:42
thats true