PDA

View Full Version : Arresting people online

Klaydoggy
13th Jun 2005, 12:51
http://1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3140882&did=1

"One other interesting aspect of the multiplayer setup is the recognition that the job of a peace officer is not to gun down as many gangsters as possible -- unless they're in L.A. Gunning down gangsters will get you a kill, and trigger the standard 10-second respawn time for the fragged. However, capture a perp alive and incapacitate him by, say, cuffing him, and the respawn time jumps to a much more agonizing 30 seconds."

Suh-freakin-weet.

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

VideoGameMaster
13th Jun 2005, 17:09
:mad: ......u mean to tell me this whole game is a freakin respawn?....ive been waiting this long fer a freakin respawn game?!?!?!....ill tell yah what buddy..there better be a better system than that...i like socoms becuz of the fact that u die...ur dead and out of the game till next round...not just ten seconds.....i mean yeh THERE IS a respawn option....nd if its all respawn then how do u win clan battles?..which is used fer a wrmup....so please dont shatter my dreams of this game nd tell me the whole thing is respawn......i guess i could live with that...but it wasnt what i expected...that kinda lowers my hype now.... :( ......sum1 plz tell me thing isnt a respawn game

Klaydoggy
13th Jun 2005, 17:28
I wouldn't mind having the option in there to have round-based games in there...

but personally, I prefer respawn.

And from the videos that have been out, it seems like respawn. I haven't seen any others that have shown it wasn't yet.

Plus, having round based Tag/raid mode would suck.. the games would be over crazy fast.

EC_KING
13th Jun 2005, 19:25
Klaydoggy

"One other interesting aspect of the multiplayer setup is the recognition that the job of a peace officer is not to gun down as many gangsters as possible -- unless they're in L.A. Gunning down gangsters will get you a kill, and trigger the standard 10-second respawn time for the fragged. However, capture a perp alive and incapacitate him by, say, cuffing him, and the respawn time jumps to a much more agonizing 30 seconds."

Suh-freakin-weet.
That is EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

Yea, thats nice. wonder if you can break free someway.

BEER
14th Jun 2005, 02:09
it would be cool if an arrested person winds up cuffed and on the ground immobile for like 45 seconds and during that 45 seconds one of thier team members could run up and free them by holding a certain button for some ammount of time, just like defusing the bomb in socom 2. if your buddy fails then you're arrested, if he suceeds then you're free to go but you'd have to pick up new armor and weapons because obviously the cop would confiscate it all during your arrest just like real life.

Klaydoggy
14th Jun 2005, 02:22
Thats a good idea!

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 03:22
it would be cool if an arrested person winds up cuffed and on the ground immobile for like 45 seconds and during that 45 seconds one of thier team members could run up and free them by holding a certain button for some ammount of time, just like defusing the bomb in socom 2. if your buddy fails then you're arrested, if he suceeds then you're free to go but you'd have to pick up new armor and weapons because obviously the cop would confiscate it all during your arrest just like real life.

or the arresting officer would have to walk the thug back to an extraction point, and if he makes it there successfully, then its an arrest, otherwise the thug could break free. i personally like going after moving targets

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 03:47
viZZiOn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER

or the arresting officer would have to walk the thug back to an extraction point, and if he makes it there successfully, then its an arrest, otherwise the thug could break free. i personally like going after moving targets

yes, a CHECK POINT in the game someway (car,/marked-doorway/room) make it there the cops got him, i think also that he can be added to a jail in the map somewhere, so this way even though he's still alive he's a loss to his team unless they break him out.

blackcourage
14th Jun 2005, 03:49
that may be good i would like that

ShyTown
14th Jun 2005, 03:50
Ya, that would be nice if they added that...

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 03:52
that will be sweet

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 04:17
indeed i'm a genius :D

xplicit
14th Jun 2005, 04:19
yo the game aint gunna be all respwan...its gunna depend on the game modes, watch

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 04:21
excellent, i saw your post on the other thing

it seemed odd to me that something like that would happen, but people have been known to **** up video games

EC_KING
14th Jun 2005, 04:34
watching the DEV INTERVIEW#2 it seems that a "MODE" might be better in RESPAWN, why i don't know. But i'll wait and see.

Also if this type of ARREST THING is not in 25TL1 then thats fine, it can be a great addition for 2. Hey VIZZION i think you should get a BETA for that idea...me too for posting right after it... :) :thumbsup:

dawtcalm
14th Jun 2005, 12:28
Because they wanted to introduce "arresting" instead of lethal takedown they need to give a good reason to attempt the arrest. If they use respawning and make the timing different than that a 30sec delay is a good enough reason to go for the non-lethal approach.

So the question is, if there was no respawning, what is an acceptable reward for a cop to go for the takedown instead of the kill?

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 15:34
i guess u right

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 15:45
watching the DEV INTERVIEW#2 it seems that a "MODE" might be better in RESPAWN, why i don't know. But i'll wait and see.

Also if this type of ARREST THING is not in 25TL1 then thats fine, it can be a great addition for 2. Hey VIZZION i think you should get a BETA for that idea...me too for posting right after it... :) :thumbsup:

damn right we should get BETAs

and secondly, i read that in NON RESPAWN games an arrest will earn the arresting officer more points than a lethal takedown would

Bubble_Machine
14th Jun 2005, 16:08
Because they wanted to introduce "arresting" instead of lethal takedown they need to give a good reason to attempt the arrest. If they use respawning and make the timing different than that a 30sec delay is a good enough reason to go for the non-lethal approach.

So the question is, if there was no respawning, what is an acceptable reward for a cop to go for the takedown instead of the kill?

Maybe they could do something like if you arrest someone, then the first person on your team that died can come back to life. But they would have to make it hard as hell to arrest someone.

ShyTown
14th Jun 2005, 16:18
Maybe they could do something like if you arrest someone, then the first person on your team that died can come back to life. But they would have to make it hard as hell to arrest someone.

That would be tight.

mbones50
14th Jun 2005, 18:47
that would be sweet

viZZiOn
14th Jun 2005, 19:15
the bringing someone back is not a bad idea, but that would make the round based games go on forever

i dunno if anyone remembers the point system on socom or not, but you got extra points for rescueing a hostage or killing a VIP, this is somewhat how its going to work, you'll get extra points for arresting someone as opposed to simply killing them

SqueenyWeenie
25th Jul 2005, 09:45
in REAL LIFE the "cop" would pick your ass up and take you to Jail, he wouldnt just arrest someone take there stuff(wepons) then leave them there, and if he did do that he would run out of handcuffs cause REAL LIFE cops only carry 2 cuffs tops.
Also wat would the cop do with the Stuff he took way from you cause theres is a limit of how many Wepons u can carry the cop would have to leave some of his unwanted wepons and trade them for the ones you had.
but all in all it sounds like a good idea but the developers need to work out the problem i was talking about

VideoGameMaster
25th Jul 2005, 17:27
in REAL LIFE the "cop" would pick your ass up and take you to Jail, he wouldnt just arrest someone take there stuff(wepons) then leave them there, and if he did do that he would run out of handcuffs cause REAL LIFE cops only carry 2 cuffs tops.
Also wat would the cop do with the Stuff he took way from you cause theres is a limit of how many Wepons u can carry the cop would have to leave some of his unwanted wepons and trade them for the ones you had.
but all in all it sounds like a good idea but the developers need to work out the problem i was talking about

actually yeh the cops do confiscate u first..to see if u have any other weapons/drugs/harmful objects....u cant just take emt o jail..what if they had a key in their back pocket fer handcuffs? :rolleyes:

mbones50
25th Jul 2005, 17:46
but they not go put it in here maybe in part 2

SONG OF THE WEEK- YOUNG CITY ( A.K.A } CHOPPA - LIL DADDY

marker227
31st Jul 2005, 15:54
can gangsters surrender for any reason they would want to?

viZZiOn
31st Jul 2005, 19:23
i believe arrests are done when a thugs incapacitated from tear gas or a stun gun or something like that

JacenPsykes
1st Aug 2005, 22:18
Bang, you're arrested. You spend 10 seconds on the ground for any near by partners to set you free. Out of luck? Too bad, you instantly spawn in a fixed jail somewhere in the level (or police wagon or something). It is there you stay and say hi too all of your buddies who were dumb enough to be arrested recently until either your 45 second sentence is up or until a member of your team comes by and takes the 5-10 seconds to pick a lock and release all of you instantly back into battle. Now if your entire team is busted you deserve the shame of instantly losing the round.

This would be the cool part. To be able to change the "release time" to off so in that case you would be stuck in your virtual prison until you were either released or the round ended.

The problem with "taking a person to a designated area" is who really wants to WALK a person anywhere when there's a full out gun fight going on around you. Plus, how vulnerable does that leave either person.

viZZiOn
2nd Aug 2005, 06:03
Bang, you're arrested. You spend 10 seconds on the ground for any near by partners to set you free. Out of luck? Too bad, you instantly spawn in a fixed jail somewhere in the level (or police wagon or something). It is there you stay and say hi too all of your buddies who were dumb enough to be arrested recently until either your 45 second sentence is up or until a member of your team comes by and takes the 5-10 seconds to pick a lock and release all of you instantly back into battle. Now if your entire team is busted you deserve the shame of instantly losing the round.

This would be the cool part. To be able to change the "release time" to off so in that case you would be stuck in your virtual prison until you were either released or the round ended.

The problem with "taking a person to a designated area" is who really wants to WALK a person anywhere when there's a full out gun fight going on around you. Plus, how vulnerable does that leave either person.

if there was a big gunfight going on, the body would be on the ground, handcuffed, a thug could get handcuff keys off of a cop he shot and set his homie free

viZZiOn
2nd Aug 2005, 06:05
you *****es aint been in juvie or jail before have u shiit they beat ya ass down and they take all ya **** all ya money plus they take all of your jewelry shiit is a ***** im in that compton i know how them cops go shiiiiiiiiit :cool:

please kid, stop talkin like you're the ****, aint no one gonna be impressed by your made up crime stories anyway.

and compton? you're probably livin with you parents in ****in suburbia long island

J-Hood
2nd Aug 2005, 08:09
i believe arrests are done when a thugs incapacitated from tear gas or a stun gun or something like that

From what the beta manual said thats correct. :thumbsup:

VideoGameMaster
2nd Aug 2005, 15:04
i think the arrests should sorta be like freeze tag..u get arrested u should haveta(non-respawn games)sit there in cuffs until either u are shot,the round is over, or one of ur homies come and set u free...but it would take about 4-6 seconds to pick the lock on the cuffs...sorta like how a bomb is planted/defused on socom :thumbsup:

mbones50
2nd Aug 2005, 17:40
yea yo that would be nice but can anybody tell that it seem like time is going bye fast

SONG OF THE WEEK - JAE MILLZ- WHO

VideoGameMaster
3rd Aug 2005, 16:23
yea yo that would be nice but can anybody tell that it seem like time is going bye fast

SONG OF THE WEEK - JAE MILLZ- WHO

thats cuz its summer..summer always flys.....then soon as school start BAM..Halloween is here...so...october is really just around the bend

viZZiOn
3rd Aug 2005, 16:46
hahahahahahaha....school... :D

marker227
3rd Aug 2005, 19:56
if there was a big gunfight going on, the body would be on the ground, handcuffed, a thug could get handcuff keys off of a cop he shot and set his homie free

that'd defeat the purpose of taking them down for them to respawn.

viZZiOn
4th Aug 2005, 00:42
how would that defeat the purpose of anything?

marker227
4th Aug 2005, 04:17
[mod edit]blablabla[/mod edit]

Dude this isn't the place to talk all tough and stuff, this is a forum. Please chill.

Ice, careful you don't want to get anything going...

marker227
4th Aug 2005, 04:22
how would that defeat the purpose of anything?

Well in the reviews it talks about a longer repawn time if you arrest them instead of killing them. If you can just bust out from the cuffs that could get sorta annoying with the noobs around doing that. You want to also get the feeling that you did something since they get to sit out longer. So I guess it would be cool if there was an option of breaking out of the cuffs by getting the keys or something on online.

I don't even know if it's a server list to join MP.

viZZiOn
4th Aug 2005, 14:43
ahh i see, you bring up valid points, in respawn that would create some problems, round based i dont see anything wrong with it though

marker227
4th Aug 2005, 16:55
yes, on round based that'd be cool becasue you don't want to be out for the whole match heh.

JacenPsykes
10th Aug 2005, 19:32

Let's see how easy it is for you to set your buddy free when people are shooting at you.

marker227
10th Aug 2005, 21:06
You can't set people free

viZZiOn
11th Aug 2005, 12:53
_drugs are bad_

marker227
11th Aug 2005, 21:28
thats always gonna happen. people are LAZY. especially when they are really young and excited heh.

VideoGameMaster
12th Aug 2005, 00:36
wow, lazy people not reading the whole thing where i said, it would be a good feature IF........

.....research the game so yall dont look retarded

hate to say this but..TOO LATE..lol

AkumaDaimyo
13th Aug 2005, 07:12
I don't plan on arresting many of you scum. Just call me Frank Castle. ;-)