PDA

View Full Version : Still cant host mp

screamingpalm
13th Jun 2005, 05:27
Ive tried everything I can think of and still cant host games. Ive opened the ports in my firewalls, disabled windows firewall, port forwarding on router, opened all the gamespy and IG ports on router and firewall, router does not have active fw, tried contacting gamespy support, contacted ISP, contacted support for firewall. Nothing is working. Anyone have any advice?

jaywalker2309
13th Jun 2005, 07:29
Ive tried everything I can think of and still cant host games. Ive opened the ports in my firewalls, disabled windows firewall, port forwarding on router, opened all the gamespy and IG ports on router and firewall, router does not have active fw, tried contacting gamespy support, contacted ISP, contacted support for firewall. Nothing is working. Anyone have any advice?
what firewall, router, isp you on?

robin van eyk
13th Jun 2005, 09:20
lets Face it people they just made a mistake in this game according to multyplayer .

most of they people here in holland i know facing the same problem .

there is no sullution .

they need no make a patch to fix it .

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51032&page=2&pp=25

screamingpalm
13th Jun 2005, 09:27
what firewall, router, isp you on?

Firewall: McAfee
ISP: Verizon DSL
Router: Westell Versalink 327w

jaywalker2309
13th Jun 2005, 10:47
Firewall: McAfee
ISP: Verizon DSL
Router: Westell Versalink 327w

am gonna guess your machine is nat'd (ie you have a private IP address 192.168 etc etc)

screamingpalm
13th Jun 2005, 16:25
am gonna guess your machine is nat'd (ie you have a private IP address 192.168 etc etc)

Yes that is correct. I did try using a static NAT in my router config, but no luck with that. No matter what I do my internal IP shows up in the game instead of external. I dont get it because I can host other games that use gamespy but have their own lobby (i.e. RTW).

robin van eyk
13th Jun 2005, 18:39
i already send this problem to the helpdesc a few weeks ago .......no answer .

i think the underestimated the problem of MP in relation to different providers and different settings . (fore eample i have xs4all networking on pptp vpn) .

lets hope they optimize the settings fore internetplaying in a patch !!

thats my only hope !!

Greetings Robin (the netherlands)

PS:i know my Englisch sucks !!! :cool:

GenMoore
13th Jun 2005, 18:58
Your English Is not bad mon dieu, but my Dutch is non existent, so you do very well.

Sorry you are still in trouble, but hope this gets sorted soon. :thumbsup:

robin van eyk
13th Jun 2005, 22:39
in trouble no ....i can play the campagn and i can join by direct ip but thats abouth it .

so far no problems with craching and all cind of stuff ......

lets hope we see the external IP adres soon when we are hosting :thumbsup:

AiMHaze
14th Jun 2005, 18:28
i got the same problem. i dont use a router,i switched my windows firewall off, but my m8 could still not connect to my PC through gamespy(works fine for us on RTW). even if he searches for my game with my I.P he still cant conn. yet he has a router, knows nothing of ports (or a PC for that matter ) & i can conn. to him ? i cant conn to him on any other game cause hes got a router he dosent know how to use. dam weird :confused:

robin van eyk
14th Jun 2005, 20:22
yea i know my friend i know !!! :(

Willy
17th Jun 2005, 21:48
Open windows services ports (local ports):

1025 thru 1030.

How i don't know.. My firewall kept blocking those ports..once i removed the blocking i could see my extern ip.
Maybe someone knows how to enable them if someone not having a firewall what so ever.

robin van eyk
18th Jun 2005, 04:01
were do i find that ?