PDA

View Full Version : how to mod build time?

kyee7k
13th Jun 2005, 01:12
how do you mod the build time of a soldier, research item, or building?

Yorkie
13th Jun 2005, 11:15
how do you mod the build time of a soldier, research item, or building?

Plenty of people are askin fella, just be patient as were working on the file as we speak :)

Strumm
13th Jun 2005, 15:45
I've seen lots of posts about modifying files, and I have a question. Theoretical question - not directed at anyone in particular...

Why? Why do so many people want to modify how long things take, or how much gold/resources their Empire has, and so forth?

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Yorkie
14th Jun 2005, 15:45
I've seen lots of posts about modifying files, and I have a question. Theoretical question - not directed at anyone in particular...

Why? Why do so many people want to modify how long things take, or how much gold/resources their Empire has, and so forth?

Apologies if this is a stupid question.

I dont think its a stupid question at all, and i can only answer from my perspective

Im a very nosey person and i like to see how things work, hense a detailed break down of the files.
secondly i think the game in its current state is too easy in some regards and a bit unrealistic in others. For example you have 5 major empires on the board but in reality you have much more spain and the ottomans for example.

The build times are too long short just right (delete where applicable) but changing the ballance will make for a harder game, for example how many games in IG have you come face to face with a well ballance AI army. By modifing the build times for building and units the AI will build these quicker and produce a more challenging game.

As for unit modding - people who play these games like history, war or the period and therefore would welcome a "ture" perspective of the era that the devs couldnt put in for the sake of "playability" "Presentation" and what not.
Im not sayin that the mods are going to make it unplayable but because you can tell which army that unit in green belongs to because it will still have its countries flag .. But having that green unit (Riflemen, just incase your woundering) adds to the "colour" of the battle field if you get my meaning.