PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes at start-up

Dezel
12th Jun 2005, 20:43
Every time I start the game it crashes at the E (in Eidos) that drops in water or some thing...then the pc restarts at tells me that it could be a conflict with my grafich-card

Its a´ Gainward Geforce FX 5600 256mb updatet with the newest Nvidia driver and Directx 9c

I seriously need some help here......

Rossimus
14th Jun 2005, 01:47
the same thing happens to me! I too would like to know what is wrong, so consider this a bump

Joe Eats
16th Jun 2005, 01:42
My game was working fine. Then I installed the Battlefield 2 demo which upgraded my video drivers to a beta version now IG won't run. The geniuses at tech support had me uninstall the game, update all my drivers then reinstall the game. Now it does not run at all. I had the same issue with Call of Duty. It may be time to switch to console games cause this guys can not release a nonbuggy game if their life depended on it.

Rossimus
18th Jun 2005, 01:28
I'd like to bump again because i REALLY want to get the game to work. If there is a tech support number, where can i find it?

Sir Crow
18th Jun 2005, 12:15
Have you checked for Spyware? When I can't get games to run I check this first and in alot of cases it works.

Dezel
18th Jun 2005, 18:57
I have recently defragt my HD and installed the newest Nvidia drivers and Directx 9c. But the game wont start, it just reboots my pc :(

imported_mike_g
19th Jun 2005, 03:32
The tech support number should be on the box, in answer to the earlier query.
http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearch.jsp

Others have reported the same problem, so it is important that tech support gets your full system specs so they can compare it to others. I have also personally reported this (and the other reported tech issues) to the developers and QA, and it is being looked into.

Cpt.HooK
19th Jun 2005, 07:24
Every time I start the game it crashes at the E (in Eidos) that drops in water or some thing...then the pc restarts at tells me that it could be a conflict with my grafich-card

Its a´ Gainward Geforce FX 5600 256mb updatet with the newest Nvidia driver and Directx 9c

I seriously need some help here......

Try disable fast write on your card i have the same card and drivers with no problems.

Dezel
19th Jun 2005, 15:55
Try disable fast write on your card i have the same card and drivers with no problems.

Where do i Disable fast write ??...

Cpt.HooK
19th Jun 2005, 16:23
In your bios settings.

Dezel
19th Jun 2005, 17:45
In your bios settings.

I disabled fast write but it didnt help....

Rossimus
22nd Jun 2005, 21:59
another bump - i really wanna play :(

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 08:08
Do both guys having the problem here have the same cards?

Which drivers are you running?

(sorry if you've mentioned this anywhere else, but will try and help you in here)

Can you post your dxdiags?

Dezel
24th Jun 2005, 14:37
[QUOTE=jaycw2309]Do both guys having the problem here have the same cards?

Which drivers are you running?

(sorry if you've mentioned this anywhere else, but will try and help you in here)

Can you post your dxdiags?[/QUOTE

System:
Current Date/time: 24.Juni 2005, 16:12:38
Operating System: Microsoft Win XP Prof (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacture: NVIDIA
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
PRocessor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+,~1.8GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
PAge File: 255MB used, 994MB available
DirectX version: Direct 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
Manufacture: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce FX 5600
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor : Plug and Play-Screen

Display Drivers:
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.7730 (English)
Date: 12-05-2005 00:34:00
WHQL Logo´d: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI Version: 9(or higher)

DirectX Features:
Directdraw Acceleration: Enable
Direct3D Acceleration: Enable
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enable

Sound:
Name: SB Audigy Audio [C400]
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1102DEV_0004SUBSYS_00511102REV:
Manufacture ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Default Device: Yes

Sound Drivers:
Name: e10kx2k.sys
Version: 5.12.0001.0129 (English)
Date: 13-07-2001 14:29:12
WHQL Logo´d: n/a
Other Files:
Provider: Creative

I hope this is of any use....

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 14:45
Try this..

Within the \pyro studios\imperial Glory\videos folder

Rename the `logo pyro.bik` to `logo pyro1.bik` and `logos.bik` to `logos1.bik`

Now start the game, by renaming the movies the game will pause when it should be playing them (and hopefully not crash for you) press escape to continue

Does that work?

Dezel
24th Jun 2005, 16:42
Try this..

Within the \pyro studios\imperial Glory\videos folder

Rename the `logo pyro.bik` to `logo pyro1.bik` and `logos.bik` to `logos1.bik`

Now start the game, by renaming the movies the game will pause when it should be playing them (and hopefully not crash for you) press escape to continue

Does that work?

It didt work at some point...I pressed escape where the Eidos logo should apear (offcourse it was an all black screen)...then it starts loading the game/menu, half way thrue the screen turns black and the music starts lacking...parts of the menu then shows and disappears again and once again the screen turns black but now with the music playing in the background. I tryed hitting escape a few times, but nothing happend...i then restartet the pc.. :(

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 16:44
It didt work at some point...I pressed escape where the Eidos logo should apear (offcourse it was an all black screen)...then it starts loading the game/menu, half way thrue the screen turns black and the music starts lacking...parts of the menu then shows and disappears again and once again the screen turns black but now with the music playing in the background. I tryed hitting escape a few times, but nothing happend...i then restartet the pc.. :(

Okay, try renaming the actual videos folder to videos1.. this means no movies will `work` but lets discount teh movie playback being the problem

Dezel
24th Jun 2005, 17:07
Now I came all the way throug to the menu, but the menu bars were blank so i had to guess what to click on...I click´t on the top bar and i guess thats the campaigne menu...i acceptet and came to a screen where i could choose which country i wanted to be, but there were som pretty colours marking half the screen..pink, green..ect.

chex
27th Jun 2005, 04:57
In the early time, I have a similar problem and my video card is GeForce FX5200. Now I'v changed my video card driver to an early version 61.XX,
and then it works fine. :D

evilbanner
27th Jun 2005, 14:20
Yes Denzel I had the same thing
I have geforce fx 5200 videosuite

First the game crashed I got a nv4_display error n pc reboot. When I tried to rename them it still crashed. Then I renamed the folder to videos1, it loaded the screen just normal

so I was like HUURAAAAAY!

I was wrong, as soon as I clicked on a toturial battle or quick battle I got the nv4_display error again and my pc crashes.
Because there is a 24 hour limit to return the game I returned it 20 minutes ago. I really hate it. The game is uber cool and I played the demo like XXX times. BUT NOW THE FULL GAME DOESN'T WORK

I hope they will sort this out soon, I'll rebuy it then

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 14:31
Yes Denzel I had the same thing
I have geforce fx 5200 videosuite

First the game crashed I got a nv4_display error n pc reboot. When I tried to rename them it still crashed. Then I renamed the folder to videos1, it loaded the screen just normal

so I was like HUURAAAAAY!

I was wrong, as soon as I clicked on a toturial battle or quick battle I got the nv4_display error again and my pc crashes.
Because there is a 24 hour limit to return the game I returned it 20 minutes ago. I really hate it. The game is uber cool and I played the demo like XXX times. BUT NOW THE FULL GAME DOESN'T WORK

I hope they will sort this out soon, I'll rebuy it then

Have you checked things like how good your cooling is in your pc? `dusted` it (ie removed all dust from fans) added MORE fans?

evilbanner
27th Jun 2005, 14:40
cooling is okay, I have 2 rear fans 1 side panel 1 front + a vga fan from cooler master.

I think I have the same problem as Dezel because the pc first gives a nv4_display error

NOTE: I love Imperial glory so much that I reinstalled the demo now but now I get the same error with the demo, maybe something is wrong with the drivers?

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 15:06
cooling is okay, I have 2 rear fans 1 side panel 1 front + a vga fan from cooler master.

I think I have the same problem as Dezel because the pc first gives a nv4_display error

NOTE: I love Imperial glory so much that I reinstalled the demo now but now I get the same error with the demo, maybe something is wrong with the drivers?

nVidia just released new drivers.. tried them?

evilbanner
27th Jun 2005, 16:18
Yes I tried them too Bf 2 also included the drivers

My question is do you know what might cause the problem?
The demo runned normal so it's strange it doesn't work anymore
The Menu is loaded just normal except when I load a battle

evilbanner
27th Jun 2005, 16:58
I did a system repair to two days ago, I cleaned all nvidia drivers and installed the latest + I reinstalled direktX9.0c from the microsoft off site

Now the demo starts up but the buttons are all blur and I have to guess what it says :confused:

Dezel
27th Jun 2005, 18:32
Do´s anyone now if Pyro is making a patch to fix this error ?!...and could any of you report this to pyro because theres more more people reporting this error :(

evilbanner
27th Jun 2005, 19:05
Jo guys,

Finally some progress, after hours of drivers updating I came to this solution:'

1) Clean all drivers
2) www.nvidia.com --> get the driver for Geforce
3) My whole game is blur

Then I went to the beta drivers 71.89

Now checked the demo whole game functions normally`xcept when you press the windows button aka go to desktop and then press on IG again. I get the nv4_displ error again n I have to reboot

Here comes the prob, I returned Imperial glory so I don't know if it will work on that. If you Dezel would like to check that wud be pwnage, if it works on full I can rebuy the game I guess.

Personally I think my problem has to do with the nv4_displl error because I get that error all the time when IG stops working. Some wrong connection with nvidia drivers

btw sum info about my pc maybe it can help out finding the solution:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/28/2005, 07:22:19
Machine name: SPX-6HNZKZ1KS6Y
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: A7N8X2.0
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 212MB used, 1483MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce FX 5200
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0322&SUBSYS_80E31043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug en Play-monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3980288 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n.v.t.
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3454656 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4062-11CF-E66F-E9A000C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0322
SubSys ID: 0x80E31043
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

evilbanner
28th Jun 2005, 06:33
I found that there is a patch that might help solving the problem
Check the nvdida forums for the nv4_displl error
Now the demo works normal even when I switch to windows.

Gonna get the game again today see if it works on that one

Dezel
28th Jun 2005, 13:41
I found that there is a patch that might help solving the problem
Check the nvdida forums for the nv4_displl error
Now the demo works normal even when I switch to windows.

Gonna get the game again today see if it works on that one

Sounds cool...do you mind post a link ?, because i cant find anything on Nvidia Forums :confused:

evilbanner
28th Jun 2005, 14:24
well the full game works normal I havent tested with the videos on yet

pffffffffffff the link dunno I googled for 5 hours

I wud try nv4_disp on google

As soon as you see a nvdia forum site open it. On the first page of the nv4_disp thread there is a link to the patch to fix it

Dezel
28th Jun 2005, 17:54
well the full game works normal I havent tested with the videos on yet

pffffffffffff the link dunno I googled for 5 hours

I wud try nv4_disp on google

As soon as you see a nvdia forum site open it. On the first page of the nv4_disp thread there is a link to the patch to fix it

Just to be sure is this it >> www.synapse.gr/downloads/nv4loopfix.zip

....something with an "Infiniti loop finally fixed" ??

evilbanner
29th Jun 2005, 17:10
Sry I let u wait so long but I have test week @ skool

Yes that is the link if u google it than u will see that the nv4 disp problem is refered as infiniti loop

Wot the patch does is it unfreezes yur pc :)

I hope it will work m8

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 17:22
Superb find guys.. :)

Dezel
29th Jun 2005, 18:44
Sry I let u wait so long but I have test week @ skool

Yes that is the link if u google it than u will see that the nv4 disp problem is refered as infiniti loop

Wot the patch does is it unfreezes yur pc :)

I hope it will work m8

Unfortunaly it didnt work on my game :( ... I used the fix, disabled fastwrite and renamed the videos so they wouldnt be played and it still dosnt work. My last option as i see it, is to try on of the older video-drivers 68.xx or is it 69.xx ...

evilbanner
30th Jun 2005, 19:10
Be sure to uninstall the drivers completely first!

I wish u gd luck