PDA

View Full Version : A typical, annoying AI-bug

zizzenet
12th Jun 2005, 18:18
So, there is a symptomatic AI-bug on the strategy map. There is an english region neighbouring Paris, and there is one english army there. So, England comes to Paris, and starts a siege in there. In next turn, he comes out, the siege is lifted. In next turn he comes back, and siege starts. In next turn he comes back. Next turn siege, next trun lift, next turn siege, next turn lift etc.
I experienced similar problems in a lot of case in the game. Difficulty level is medium.

This is a very-very foolish bug. And very typical... Exclude this from the game, please!

Thanks

Queeg
12th Jun 2005, 22:56
I've seen that a few times myself. Sometimes, though, the AI is doing it as part of a larger strategy, invading without the intent to complete the siege, just to shift the focus from somewhere else, like another province that the enemy has invaded.

Also, I often give up on sieges myself. If, for some reason, I don't have enough troops to complete the siege before the rebel armies appear, I'll bail out. There's no reason to give the enemy a bunch of new units.

zizzenet
13th Jun 2005, 07:37
I've seen that a few times myself. Sometimes, though, the AI is doing it as part of a larger strategy, invading without the intent to complete the siege, just to shift the focus from somewhere else, like another province that the enemy has invaded.

Maybe... But in my opinion, it is a bug instead. The cause is maybe, that the AI leaves the region to siege mine, in the next turn he calculates, that his region is not defended well, so he comes back. In the next turn begins it again and etc.
In other cases, when there was two nation in a coalition against me, they changed the siege. In one turn the first sieged me, in the next turn he came out, and the second started a siege in my region. In the next turn the second out, the first in, in the next turn the first out the second in etc. This is a bit less than a well thought strategy planning, in my opinion.