PDA

View Full Version : All systems for 25 to life

Juggalo Ryda
12th Jun 2005, 14:28
Is the xbox ps2 and computer all gonna be able to play together?

ShyTown
12th Jun 2005, 14:35
You mean on online? If yes, no.

Klaydoggy
12th Jun 2005, 17:01
Final Fantasy XI would be the only game to have ever combined systems. (PS2 and PC)

Someone should really work on that...

Then again, with all the updates that the PC and Xbox get, the PS2 would be left behind.

Clumsyorchid
12th Jun 2005, 19:32
Actually the sega dreamcast had some games that were cross platform, such as 4x4 Evo and Quake 3 Arena.

Should be noted that Sony and Microsoft are different competing companies, with different networks. As such, the compatibility between the two might not work out, but even still it's far unlikely that the two companies would work together when they are trying to grab the same consumer base for the same product.

It's more likely to see a PC to PS2 release, since MS is a closed network with xbox live specific features. Even then, it's a matter of balancing the game to play well between the two platforms. PC players would wipe the floor with a gamepad user, the control options are far better in a FPS/third person shooter based on the mouse movements alone. An RPG, such as FFXI works because the players are in a non competitive environment.

Still, I think it's not going to happen for many games in the future.

mbones50
12th Jun 2005, 20:54
what do that have to do with 25tl

Clumsyorchid
13th Jun 2005, 04:13
what do that have to do with 25tl

it had to do with cross platform compability

mbones50
13th Jun 2005, 04:17
i see man my bad

Klaydoggy
13th Jun 2005, 12:12
"Actually the sega dreamcast had some games that were cross platform, such as 4x4 Evo and Quake 3 Arena."

I did not know that!

thanks!

Juggalo Ryda
13th Jun 2005, 12:31
Actually the sega dreamcast had some games that were cross platform, such as 4x4 Evo and Quake 3 Arena.

Should be noted that Sony and Microsoft are different competing companies, with different networks. As such, the compatibility between the two might not work out, but even still it's far unlikely that the two companies would work together when they are trying to grab the same consumer base for the same product.

It's more likely to see a PC to PS2 release, since MS is a closed network with xbox live specific features. Even then, it's a matter of balancing the game to play well between the two platforms. PC players would wipe the floor with a gamepad user, the control options are far better in a FPS/third person shooter based on the mouse movements alone. An RPG, such as FFXI works because the players are in a non competitive environment.

Still, I think it's not going to happen for many games in the future.

Hmm, so the computer has better controling then the xbox or ps2?
I thought it would be alot harder for the computer.