PDA

View Full Version : Where is your favorite battlefield?

Eruan
11th Jun 2005, 12:24
Just wondering where you like to fight your battles the most, there are so many, I hope i got the top 10 locations :rolleyes: Here are your choices:

1. England, London, with the impenetrable castle
2. Russia, Saint-Petersburg, with yet another cathedral castle
3. Prussia, Brandenburg, with a huge yet straight building
4. France, Paris, with lots of hotels around the objective points
5. Piedmont, with the city atop the huge hill
6. Egypt, with the local town providing great defense
7. Denmark, Copenhagen, well protected town, and hills
8. France, Brittany, tower atop a huge rising hill
9. Austria, with the Imperial Palace
10. Former Yugoslavia, Balkans, good strategic terrain

Napaleonic blitzkrieg
11th Jun 2005, 12:32
Piedmont is a tough one. The attacker has to be very determined and tactful if he wants to climb that hill, while defender can be very outnumbered and still win, especially if he has some howitzers on that hill - hard time for attacker :D

Broadside
11th Jun 2005, 14:11
I voted St. Petersburg just because it is the closest we will get to historical looking fortifications and siege warfare in this game. Wish there were more forts and proper sieges - this element of gameplay is sadly lacking.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 15:24
Just wondering where you like to fight your battles the most, there are so many, I hope i got the top 10 locations :rolleyes: Here are your choices:

1. England, London, with the impenetrable castle
2. Russia, Saint-Petersburg, with yet another cathedral castle
3. Prussia, Brandenburg, with a huge yet straight building
4. France, Paris, with lots of hotels around the objective points
5. Piedmont, with the city atop the huge hill
6. Egypt, with the local town providing great defense
7. Denmark, Copenhagen, well protected town, and hills
8. France, Brittany, tower atop a huge rising hill
9. Austria, with the Imperial Palace
10. Former Yugoslavia, Balkans, good strategic terrain

I like all the maps there all good in there own special way..... well done to the map dev/artists..... :thumbsup:

There is a map i have just played between france and spain there is a church on top of a high hill it is a fantastic one i think that this is the same location of a battle during world war 2 where the English dropped thousands of bombs and blew the hell out of this church on the hill i think its the same map but older time of course but not sure...

Broadside
11th Jun 2005, 20:09
That would be Monte Cassiono in Italy - it was a monastery on top of the hill. I haven't seen anything remotely like Monte Cassino in this game :rolleyes:

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 20:26
That would be Monte Cassiono in Italy - it was a monastery on top of the hill. I haven't seen anything remotely like Monte Cassino in this game :rolleyes:

That level is rather well-represented in Batlefield 1942: Road to Rome, however. One of my favorites. :thumbsup:

JayDee
11th Jun 2005, 20:37
Piedmont for me too - and yep, especially to defend, it's a near perfect arena to take out a massed enemy with a relatively lighter force, works a lot of the time if I sit in Piedmont and let the nasty bad guys throw themselves into the grinder with gusto ;)

and yep, that description is most likely Monte Cassino in central Italy.
No, I'll never be over Macho Grande.

Element-UK
12th Jun 2005, 11:02
SAXONY...I believe you missed it. It's my Favourite. Was impressed with the Russian Capital though.

Eruan
12th Jun 2005, 12:25
Sorry, the poll only includes 10 options :D there are a few more I would have added otherwise ;)

Mike_B
12th Jun 2005, 14:05
Sorry, the poll only includes 10 options :D there are a few more I would have added otherwise ;)

Let me know which one you want added and I'll do it for you.

Kaizer
12th Jun 2005, 14:30
None of the Above,

I prefer Greece, because it has many open fileds surround them by mountains and each mountain has ancient buildings - Good for Defence

and for Attack I prefer the main Spanish battlefield the one with the red-brown soil in the center of the map (sorry I can not remeber the name) becuase as Attacker I have plenty open field to move plus the Defenders do not have many good areas to fix their deffence.

Eruan
12th Jun 2005, 14:47
Thanks for the Moderator :thumbsup: I would like to add Saxony as suggested, and Greece. There is one in Tunisia i believe that is really tricky, with the mountain that the ennemy uses to flank the player. Also Sweden is pretty tricky as there is only one bridge really that leads to the small town.

Lord Nergal
25th Jun 2005, 19:52
The city in France is a very versatile place to test your skills and use the buildings in your advantage. This was my choice.
Piedmont is a nice area to fight in and also, if you mnage to fight your way into that castle in england against a superior oponent the feeling is great :)

Commisar Adam
27th Jun 2005, 18:06
I would most certainly choose Poland. It is covered with forests and fences and a town, ideal for the defender. A great field for gurilla warfare.

c00k1e
29th Jun 2005, 15:50
I like all the maps there all good in there own special way..... well done to the map dev/artists..... :thumbsup:

There is a map i have just played between france and spain there is a church on top of a high hill it is a fantastic one i think that this is the same location of a battle during world war 2 where the English dropped thousands of bombs and blew the hell out of this church on the hill i think its the same map but older time of course but not sure...

Not that it makes much difference but I think it was the USAAF that bombed Monte Cassino at the request of General Bernard Freyberg. (at least thats what I understand, might have been bombed more than once.)

Captain.Crunch
29th Jun 2005, 22:18
Yep that's the one mate! it has been bombed several times much more then once and it has been rebuilt it stands today still :thumbsup:

I do know that the English bombed it. And a german officer helped move the beautiful old rare items to rome that where in that church and it is only because of him that there still around today. Although some of the germans did thieve some of the artifacts. To much to talk about here but it is a good story there is a great documentary out on it I recommend watching it just amazes me how the bloddy church still stands today after the bombardment it has been through.

DukeofSerbia
1st Jul 2005, 17:28
For defense - Morroco - only one way to top with ancient temple - even better then Piedmont!