PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for a great game!

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 08:57
Suppose you guys have been wondering where I dissapeared 2. Well I have been playing the full version of imperial glory and have not been doing anything else hahaa……. Got to say the full game blew me away well over my expectations it gets a score of 11 our of 10 im very pleased with the game well done…………….. now if I can take control of every country on the map on hard I will be pleased so far I have managed to take portugal I had to fire down unarmed men lordy and it was good. :eek: :D

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 08:59
Oh and the locations are so realistic im thrilled with the game cheers! :D :D :D
Best game I have ever played.

Fiddlerpig
11th Jun 2005, 21:14
This game is anything but "great;" it does, however, have the potential to become greatest Napoleonic war game to date.

Queeg
11th Jun 2005, 21:28
I'd rate it as near-great.

5/77 Armd
11th Jun 2005, 23:17
It gets a 6 out of 10 for me, it has too many issues; but it does have great potential.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 23:52
This game is anything but "great," though it has the potential to become greatest Napoleonic war game ever made.

I'd rate it as near-great.

It gets a 6 out of 10 for me, it has too many issues; but it does have great potential.

I would like to see you wingers find a better nepoleonic game of this time. This game is fantastic those that read this thread grab the game and play it you wont be disapointed.

Then once you have played the game for awhile PM me, come and play me online I would like that.

5/77 Armd
12th Jun 2005, 15:21
Those first two quotes weren't mine, just a little clarification so it doesn't sound like I'm talking out of my arse and repeating myself.

Fiddlerpig
12th Jun 2005, 22:41
I
would like to see you wingers find a better nepoleonic game of this time. This game is fantastic those that read this thread grab the game and play it you wont be disapointed.

Then once you have played the game for awhile PM me, come and play me online I would like that.

The Napoleonic mod for Viking Invasion for one. It is head and shoulders above this game in terms or gameplay, historical accuracy, tactics, etc.

The only thing better in IG than in NTW is the graphics, which are top notch.

Queeg
12th Jun 2005, 22:47
I've played the Napoleonic TW mod quite a bit and enjoy it. But I much prefer IG. The battles in NTW are too easy. It's not the modders' fault. Just a consequence of the MTW design.

Fiddlerpig
13th Jun 2005, 00:40
The AI in IG is also extremely easy, even on the hardest level....

But, taken as a whole, the NTW mod is much better than IG. In NTW you are allowed to us actual Napoleonic tactics and strategies; in IG there are no tactics, all it is is a click fest.

If you find yourself beating the AI over and over again on expert settings, I suggest you try your hand at multiplayer. The NTW multiplayer games I've played are among the best TW games I've ever played.

Queeg
13th Jun 2005, 01:51

But, taken as a whole, the NTW mod is much better than IG. In NTW you are allowed to us actual Napoleonic tactics and strategies; in IG there are no tactics, all it is is a click fest.

My experience is the opposite of yours. All a matter of taste, I guess.

Fiddlerpig
13th Jun 2005, 03:43
Campaign wise, IG has a better diplomacy system, which is really the only thing better in IG than in NTW (other than the graphics). Everything else in NTW is better.

You can actually use tactics in NTW.... :rolleyes:

Captain.Crunch
13th Jun 2005, 04:24
Those first two quotes weren't mine, just a little clarification so it doesn't sound like I'm talking out of my arse and repeating myself.

:D LOL yes stupid forum seemed to put your name on all the quotes :confused: i appologise for that and no you are not speaking out your rear end three times only the once so far.

Captain.Crunch
13th Jun 2005, 04:27

If you find yourself beating the AI over and over again on expert settings, I suggest you try your hand at multiplayer. The NTW multiplayer games I've played are among the best TW games I've ever played.

My favourite part of the game isnt actualy the compaigns but rather the quick battles where you can set up each side and a map and just shoot one another that is the part i love the most....... i just love to line up men and fire at one another. One My favourite map is Algarve. :thumbsup:

Fiddlerpig
13th Jun 2005, 05:42
It's very hard to use actual tactics in IG; right now all it is is a click fest, sort of like the old rts games: you select all you men and order them here, here, and here.

This isn't the case in NTW; you actually have to use real napoleonic tactics in order to win.

Right now IG is very mediocre, but with massive patching, and perhaps modding, it could be the best NTW game to date.

Captain.Crunch
13th Jun 2005, 09:06
It's very hard to use actual tactics in IG; right now all it is is a click fest, sort of like the old rts games: you select all you men and order them here, here, and here.

This isn't the case in NTW; you actually have to use real napoleonic tactics in order to win.

Right now IG is very mediocre, but with massive patching, and perhaps modding, it could be the best NTW game to date.

I guess your paying for the massive patching work with your money? :D

Fiddlerpig
13th Jun 2005, 23:12
No, actually. I would like a mod/patch, but I'm not going to dish out the money for one.

I'm not that desperate for a patch. It's up to the makers themselves to make THEIR came the best it could possibly be.

Captain.Crunch
14th Jun 2005, 07:52
No, actually. I would like a mod/patch, but I'm not going to dish out the money for one.

I'm not that desperate for a patch. It's up to the makers themselves to make THEIR came the best it could possibly be.

well that cost money and it does not grow on trees :thumbsup:

Fiddlerpig
14th Jun 2005, 20:11
The developers want to make money, right? Well, to make money they have to make a good game; if they don't make a good game, then they have to promise to patch it. If they don't patch it, well......

Many people on this forum have already told people that they aren't going to buy the game unless there is a descent patch.

It's Eidos' responsibility to patch THEIR OWN game.

Captain.Crunch
15th Jun 2005, 00:50
The developers want to make money, right? Well, to make money they have to make a good game; if they don't make a good game, then they have to promise to patch it. If they don't patch it, well......

Many people on this forum have already told people that they aren't going to buy the game unless there is a descent patch.

It's Eidos' responsibility to patch THEIR OWN game.

I think that the people who will buy it and are satisfied with it the way it is out weighs those that are not pleased and want a patch. I honestly cant see a patch coming anytime soon…. Quick you better move onto a new game.

And if they do release a patch it would be for critical bugs more so then the game needs this the game needs that… how big do you want the patch to be?
:confused: The developers are enjoying a holiday at the moment I think and they kinda deserve it they made a great game.

Fiddlerpig
15th Jun 2005, 04:20
I think that the people who will buy it and are satisfied with it the way it is out weighs those that are not pleased and want a patch. I honestly cant see a patch coming anytime soon…. Quick you better move onto a new game.

If that is right then God help us...

And if they do release a patch it would be for critical bugs more so then the game needs this the game needs that… how big do you want the patch to be?

All I really want is a patch with just the essentials, ie pause/command, slower game speed, MORALE, and AI tweaking.

The developers are enjoying a holiday at the moment I think and they kinda deserve it they made a great game.

Actually, the developers DON'T deserve a holiday. They owe it to there customers to deliver a decent Napoleonic strategy game and they haven't done it yet, not until they patch it; only then will they earn a well deserved holiday.

Captain.Crunch
15th Jun 2005, 04:56
If that is right then God help us...

All I really want is a patch with just the essentials, ie pause/command, slower game speed, MORALE, and AI tweaking.

Actually, the developers DON'T deserve a holiday. They owe it to there customers to deliver a decent Napoleonic strategy game and they haven't done it yet, not until they patch it; only then will they earn a well deserved holiday.

You obviously do not like the game or the developers and do not respect the hard work it took to create what we have available already. If you don’t like the game stop *****ing about it sell it on eBay and go and buy another game such as Barbie.

I am one of the few here that do respect the game and stick up for the developers and there hard work. I would like to see you create a game. If you played the DEMO you knew what you where buying.

Captain.Crunch
15th Jun 2005, 05:01
By the way this thread was started by me to thank the developers for the game that I purchased not for you pack of wingers to hi-jack and start publicly bashing the game F.O go and start another thread to do that.

If you don’t have something nice to say in this thread to the developers I would appreciate you doing it in another thread thank you. :mad:

caffe
15th Jun 2005, 05:52
I agree.... though I would also like to see some changes made to the game.. I must say that overall this is a great game.. The developers obviously put a lot of time, effort, and thought into the game.. it is certainly a great base to work off of.. and I truly believe that if the community will be more supportive.. instead of whining.. that an eventual expansion (not a patch cheap'os)... could be in making that might address some of the problems discussed in this forum.... I also agree with CC about this thread.. it is for positive feedback.. if you don't like the game then *%@! off and find something else to play with... like yourself :eek: babies

Fiddlerpig
16th Jun 2005, 00:38
S.T.F.U & G.T.F.O You obviously do not like the game or the developers and do not respect the hard work it took to create what we have available already. If you don’t like the game stop *****ing about it sell it on eBay and go and buy another game such as Barbie.

Wow, I obviously struck a nerve....

I would suggest you stop yapping about how the developers put "so much" into this game, because it's a bunch of bull; a group of modders (NTW) who have real life jobs made a better Napoleonic game than these supposed "professionals." All the Pyro devlopers did was create a very mediocre Napoleonic game, which is evident in the fact that so much is missing *cough*morale*cough*

I am one of the few here that do respect the game and stick up for the developers and there hard work. I would like to see you create a game. If you played the DEMO you knew what you where buying.

The fact that you are one of a few out of many that think this game is great should say something. Just because you settle for mediocrity doesn't mean the rest of us should.

And I did download the demo. I had hoped that the devs would fix the things that were wrong in the demo, and listen to player suggestions; obviously they didn't.

I'll keep this in mind next time I consider buying another Eidos game....

By the way this thread was started by me to thank the developers for the game that I purchased not for you pack of wingers to hi-jack and start publicly bashing the game F.O go and start another thread to do that.

If you don’t have something nice to say in this thread to the developers I would appreciate you doing it in another thread thank you.

Why? So you can continue to give undeserved credit to a bunch of lazy developers? Hmmm?

Captain.Crunch
16th Jun 2005, 02:18
Wow, I obviously struck a nerve....

I would suggest you stop yapping about how the developers put "so much" into this game, because it's a bunch of bull; a group of modders (NTW) who have real life jobs made a better Napoleonic game than these supposed "professionals." All the Pyro devlopers did was create a very mediocre Napoleonic game, which is evident in the fact that so much is missing *cough*morale*cough*

The fact that you are one of a few out of many that think this game is great should say something. Just because you settle for mediocrity doesn't mean the rest of us should.

And I did download the demo. I had hoped that the devs would fix the things that were wrong in the demo, and listen to player suggestions; obviously they didn't.

I'll keep this in mind next time I consider buying another Eidos game....

Why? So you can continue to give undeserved credit to a bunch of lazy developers? Hmmm?

You won’t get anywhere in life winging.

1) SELL THE GAME and go away stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.
2) CREATE A NEW GAME yourself seeing you think you can do better then the developers and then come and tell us. stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.
3) PLAY THE GAME be satisfied and stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.

You are lucky you have the freedom to make choices in your country now choose a choice above and be happy.

Queeg
16th Jun 2005, 03:02
I would suggest you stop yapping about how the developers put "so much" into this game, because it's a bunch of bull; a group of modders (NTW) who have real life jobs made a better Napoleonic game than these supposed "professionals."

I've played and enjoyed the Napoleonic TW mod literally since the day it came out. It's a brilliant mod. But it's not a better all-around game than IG, in my opinion. The campaign in IG is far superior and I find the battles in IG far more challenging and every bit as fun.

It's all a matter of taste, of course, but count me as one of the "few."

Fiddlerpig
16th Jun 2005, 16:55
You won’t get anywhere in life winging.

???

1) SELL THE GAME and go away stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.

I'm not going to sell it because I'm hoping for a good patch and/or a mod, both of which will be released in the near future (hopefully).

2) CREATE A NEW GAME yourself seeing you think you can do better then the developers and then come and tell us. stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.

I don't create games, I only play them, and it is my right to be critical of them. Using your logic, we shouldn't be critical of the government because we aren't politicians, we shouldn't dislike a certain car because we aren't a mechanic, and we shouldn't dislike a movie because we aren't the director. Use your head a little.....

3) PLAY THE GAME be satisfied and stop being an ignoramus and annoying us Imperial glory lovers.

If the developers make a game, they should expect criticism from gamers.

And You have the right to settle for a mediocre game and love it because you have poor taste in games, but I also have the right to demand more from my $50 and EXPECT a great game...

You are lucky you have the freedom to make choices in your country now choose a choice above and be happy.

No thankyou. None of those choices make any sense.

I've played and enjoyed the Napoleonic TW mod literally since the day it came out. It's a brilliant mod. But it's not a better all-around game than IG, in my opinion. The campaign in IG is far superior and I find the battles in IG far more challenging and every bit as fun.

The campaign game in IG is a bit better than the campaign in NTW; the diplomatic and economic interfaces in IG are great. However, IG's biggest drawback is the battle system, which is tons better in NTW. In NTW, you are actually able to use Napoleonic tactics, whereas in IG it's a clickfest. A patch/mod can fix this, but until then, IG will just be a very mediocre Napoleonic strategy game.

joxer31
16th Jun 2005, 17:34
Well, if you claim that NTW is better than IG because the battles are better. I think you need better reasons than the lack of morale, AI, or lack of tactics.

I will concede the point of morale. It would be nice but Im not going to say that the game is a failure.

The AI is easy in NTW as well, even on the hardest setting.

I guess Im not sure what you consider to be "real Napoleonic tactics." Is this the ability for two armies to stand off from each other and blast themselves to bits? The size of the armies? Or that you have to micromanage the units? Time frame of battles?

Mike_B
16th Jun 2005, 18:30
While there's no problem with critiscism about the game as long as it's constructive this thread was meant as a positive thread, I believe we already have enough threads in the technical discussion thread offering the change to discuss your dislikes and suggestions for the developers to look at. So no need to turn this thread into this as well.