PDA

View Full Version : Peaceful annexation ?

ronniecowper@hotmail.com
11th Jun 2005, 08:55
I have been playing as the UK ,and have managed to achieve 100% sympathy with Portugal. (peaceful annexation)

However nothing has happened ,I checked to see if it I could build a consulate there ,but Portugal does not appear on the countries list I am allowed to place buildings in.
What am I missing here ?

Can any one help ?

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 09:08
Sometimes you have to click "Next Turn" after you reach 100% sympathy, and it'll happen on the next turn.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 09:14
Now why would you want to peacefully communicate over owning a country forget it altogether charge the bastards with all you got.

All those that stand against me or in my way shall be crushed and ran down by horse.

I give my enemy 2 choices.

* move out of the way and live.
* stand in the way and die.

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 09:29
Now why would you want to peacefully communicate over owning a country forget it altogether charge the bastards with all you got.

All those that stand against me or in my way shall be crushed and ran down by horse.

I give my enemy 2 choices.

* move out of the way and live.
* stand in the way and die.

As admirable and interesting as that may be, it really doesn't answer the fellow's question.

Cpt.HooK
11th Jun 2005, 09:45
Click on Portugal's capital then goto buildings tabs to build consulate

When playing as the UK you need to grab as much land as you can.I prefer peaceful anexation over a hostile takeover its alot cheaper on resources and you gain there armies (militia) and buildings stay intact :)

If a minor nation is "liberated" you must rebuild consulate to anex it and a quick way to increase sympathy is to give them lots of money with improve relations offers,then sell them the food you don't need to get your money back they buy it everytime.I did this a few times last night with the last 10% of a few minors and you get food back when they join your empire works a treat. :D

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 15:19
As admirable and interesting as that may be, it really doesn't answer the fellow's question.

You pointing out that my reply does not answer his question isnt answering his question either :thumbsup: please don't start an argument with me you will surely loose.

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 16:19
You pointing out that my reply does not answer his question isnt answering his question either :thumbsup: please don't start an argument with me you will surely loose.

Considering i've already given him a response that is applicable to the question, I doubt that. :thumbsup:

yakult
11th Jun 2005, 17:01
I have been playing as the UK ,and have managed to achieve 100% sympathy with Portugal. (peaceful annexation)

However nothing has happened ,I checked to see if it I could build a consulate there ,but Portugal does not appear on the countries list I am allowed to place buildings in.
What am I missing here ?

Can any one help ?
Portugal does not appear for you to build a consulate, because you havn't reached the technology to be able to see it. You will need Department of Information or conquer a territory close to it.

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 17:19
Portugal does not appear for you to build a consulate, because you havn't reached the technology to be able to see it. You will need Department of Information or conquer a territory close to it.

IIRC, GB can see Portugal from the start.

yakult
11th Jun 2005, 17:30
IIRC, GB can see Portugal from the start.
In that case Portugal just hates his UK although they seem to like them with a 100 rating.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 23:46
Considering i've already given him a response that is applicable to the question, I doubt that. :thumbsup:

Oh and because you have given him a response another person can not join in the conversation? I was saying what I do in the game and that I recommend peaceful annexation isnt worth the effort……

Reply to this comment if you wish to continue the argument or shut up and accept defeat. If you want to have an argument take it to battle multiplayer with me equal men and we shall see who shall prevail victorious I will crush you into the ground. Save the arguments you have with me for the battle field instead of driving people here crazy with your tripe.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 23:48
You send me the time and date and we shall game my friend. :thumbsup:

ronniecowper@hotmail.com
12th Jun 2005, 15:27
Problem solved :D
Capt hook was nearly right ,you have to right click on the region that Lisbon is in , and you have to be in the commercial view ,you then click on buildings and there it is, consulate.

Its a bit bizarre that there is no Portugal listed among the countries when you look from the England list.

Thanks for all your help ,and a flagon of ale for all hands. :thumbsup:

Chosen Man
12th Jun 2005, 19:21
Between Gelatinous Cube and Captain Crunch?

imperialist274
12th Jun 2005, 23:41
Doubt there was ever a battle. Just Captain Crunch getting mad and asserting himself to no avail. Oh how off topic we have gotten ;)

Captain.Crunch
13th Jun 2005, 04:32
Between Gelatinous Cube and Captain Crunch?

Gelatinous Cube decided to accept defeat. The ground was taken by me. End of Story. I look forward to his battles in the future to try and reclaim the land. :thumbsup:

PorT_Lobo
14th Jun 2005, 13:47
It´s to easy to gain simpathy in this game, that's why is it so easy after some time even in hard.......

To get 100 simpathy shoulded be a LOT more difficult....... a player could easily convert 10 or more neutral countrys only doing consulates....

The 15% simpathy IN ALL MAP that player win when free a neutral country and don't occupy it is stupid... :mad: