PDA

View Full Version : Slow and jumpy on World map

devest
10th Jun 2005, 02:29
Ok this is crappy, the game slows down and you attually can't move the screen without jumping to the edge of the map. And this is in the WORLD mode. Battles are fine, but it has trouble here for some reason. I've tried turning off effect and lowering settings but thats really only for battles. in the end i have to save and exit the game completely then start it up again. then it will work for another 2 turns, and start up again.

My comp stats are:
2.8Ghz Intel
1 gig RAM
Radeon 9800 with 128mb ddr RAM

Also i have turned off virus sofware and all that other fun stuff. I also hqave the latest drivers

Gelatinous Cube
10th Jun 2005, 03:19
Same problem. My specs are a little worse, but well within the recommended specs.

BlackCoat
10th Jun 2005, 08:31
Sounds a lot like "leakage", ie the game generates code that isnt later eliminated, building up some pretty amazing bulk.
The game would then be trying to remember all that 1 gb leakage while running the game at the same time ;)

Gelatinous Cube
10th Jun 2005, 08:41
Sounds a lot like "leakage", ie the game generates code that isnt later eliminated, building up some pretty amazing bulk.
The game would then be trying to remember all that 1 gb leakage while running the game at the same time ;)

Whatever the hell it is, it--combined with the AI taking minutes to decide what to do at times--makes the end game rather annoying.

devest
10th Jun 2005, 18:55
:eek: OK this is wierd but, I ALT-Tab and come back and it is working an normal speed now. I've tried it a few times now and it might take several tabs and back BUT it does work...sometimes. Sometimes the screen just goes black with white blocks when i do it, but sometimes it fixes.

So you devs need to FIX THIS. I am sick and tired of this "ship the game and patch it later" crap. I just hope the next gen console systems will support mouse and keyboard, or just mouse. Then the Strategy game market can move to consoles and I will NEVER buy a PC game agian. I know why you guys have problem with PC programing, I do it for a living too. Too many different drives and combinations, but the fact is the PC is dying as a gaming platform. The world is just waiting for the Consoles to take up the slack

Billy Fish
12th Jun 2005, 16:18
:eek: OK this is wierd but, I ALT-Tab and come back and it is working an normal speed now. I've tried it a few times now and it might take several tabs and back BUT it does work...sometimes. Sometimes the screen just goes black with white blocks when i do it, but sometimes it fixes.

So you devs need to FIX THIS. I am sick and tired of this "ship the game and patch it later" crap. I just hope the next gen console systems will support mouse and keyboard, or just mouse. Then the Strategy game market can move to consoles and I will NEVER buy a PC game agian. I know why you guys have problem with PC programing, I do it for a living too. Too many different drives and combinations, but the fact is the PC is dying as a gaming platform. The world is just waiting for the Consoles to take up the slack

I've done the alt-tab thingy too and I end up with a black map with the white blocks as well. Initially when I got this game and played the quick battles I was pretty excited but now the more I play the campaign, the more disappointed I am becoming, not just with the gameplay issues (another thread for another time) but when I'm running a 2.17 GHz processor, ATI 9600 and 2 gigs of RAM, I should not have a choppy world map. :mad:

Wake me when and if the patch comes out.

Sotos
12th Jun 2005, 16:37
Never happened anything like these with my PC and IG

The World\Map plays fine

Running a P4 3.4ghz with 2.0 Gig Ram and a X800XT Platinum