PDA

View Full Version : Help.. I'm stuck at the waterfall....

dhama
9th Jun 2005, 17:29
I'm stuck at the waterfall, I can't seem to get her to Jump in... that is what i'm supposed to do right? Mind you.. is the game supposed to be this short? :confused:

midroth
9th Jun 2005, 17:36
What/Where ... file?

MissLara2U
9th Jun 2005, 17:37
Lol!

M.

Solange
9th Jun 2005, 18:04
Yeah, that bit took me quite some time to figure out! You have to angle her up on the left side of the waterfall, to the right of that stone near the ledge, and do a diving jump into the waterfall, angling her slightly to the left while mid-air. You will lose some health, but not much, and the rest of that level is fantastic! :)

Good luck!

Btw, I'm working on a walkthru for the game, maybe you can help me. I might have missed things you've found! You can send me an email through my profile.

imported_Mark_
9th Jun 2005, 18:07
Thank you Solange. I was stuck in that part too. :D

Staticon
9th Jun 2005, 18:12
I got stuck putting the CD in the drive. :confused:

suzieq51
9th Jun 2005, 22:02
I haven't even got that far yet .... I'm still trying to fix her ponytail. Toggle on - or off - that is the question! :confused:

jayel
10th Jun 2005, 00:54

What? You didn't get the collector's edition with the dvd, pewter Lara figurine, and t-shirt with matching shorts and baseball cap?

MissLara2U
10th Jun 2005, 01:41
OK. This is from our Tomb Raider Legend Complete Game Walkthrough. Our Tomb Raider Legend II: Jungle Apocalypse Walkthrough (Tomb Raider 8) should be online shortly.

Hope this helps you out, dhama. ;)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/go_1.jpg

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/go_2.jpg

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/go_3.jpg

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/m/i2/go_4.jpg

M.

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Jun 2005, 10:21
I haven't even got that far yet .... I'm still trying to fix her ponytail. Toggle on - or off - that is the question! :confused:
:D suzieq51, I have been there for days, too! But my trouble is the choice between silver or black catsuit! :p

jayel, do you mean the one WITH the limited edition Lara Croft signed Airsoft pistols, or without? :confused:

MissLara2U, when you are at the point in the second screenshot you posted, I have heard that there's an easter egg under the bridge that you have to take some damage to find. Is it true it unlocks a Lara whistling to the birds like Princess Fiona fmv? :D

Solange
10th Jun 2005, 11:53
What? You didn't get the collector's edition with the dvd, pewter Lara figurine, and t-shirt with matching shorts and baseball cap?
*pout* I didn't get that either, I'm stuck with the darn cd's! :mad:

MissLara2U, when you are at the point in the second screenshot you posted, I have heard that there's an easter egg under the bridge that you have to take some damage to find. Is it true it unlocks a Lara whistling to the birds like Princess Fiona fmv? :D
Lmao!

Yes, but you have to power up with a medipack, those darn rusty nails under that bridge, surprised it hasn't been closed down for security reasons a long time ago!

sunshinne83
10th Jun 2005, 13:22
What game are you talking about and where did you get this?

I am confused! :confused: lol

Piega
10th Jun 2005, 13:25
Did you all find the easter egg yet? I did :D

Mangar The Dark
10th Jun 2005, 13:52
If you swim behind the waterfall, there's a dark, narrow passage (real easy to miss, so make sure you have a flare.) Go into the passage, walk straight until you come to a wall, then jump and grab, and Lara will pull down a hatch (REALLY hard to see, even with a flare!) Climb up into the room, and you'll find an awesome easter egg-- it's like a TR museum! You're in a room and there are portraits on the wall of all the previous characters from the TR series! You can actually open the Sophia portrait and there's a grenade launcher in a small cul-de-sac behind it.

Solange
10th Jun 2005, 17:40
Oh damn, I missed that! :eek:

Now I have to backtrack, I'm already at the next level! Glad I still have a savegame by the waterfall! :D

Thanks for the tip! ;)

Deekman
10th Jun 2005, 19:22
You guys are making me crazy!

ELEN
10th Jun 2005, 21:05
LOOLLLOOOOOOLLLLL :D :p You wish!

Tipsko
10th Jun 2005, 22:14
When will they release the new patch that fixes the sound problems? I have the infamous problem that Lara sounds like Louis Armstrong :confused: ?

susan
10th Jun 2005, 22:43
Schtop!! This Tomb Raider game is not ready yet. It needs to evolve for a couple of million years (or a couple of false release dates anyway...:rolleyes: )

You can't rush these things. ;) :D

DKSM
10th Jun 2005, 22:58
Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.

I know you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all, but I think you're moving too fast.

Trinity34
10th Jun 2005, 23:05
I think you guys are all lost in a dream. :p

midroth
10th Jun 2005, 23:26
I found a communicator enhancer. Behind the 2 mumies, in the upper right corner. What is this good for??

MissLara2U
11th Jun 2005, 00:18
Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. I know you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all, but I think you're moving too fast.

LMAO! :D

M.

P.S. Please can someone disable the "your message is too short" function. It's driving me nuts!

Chris Daly
11th Jun 2005, 01:54
I got through that section OK, but Im stuck Is it matter of getting
the timing just right, on the little ledge or is Lara meant to fall
:rolleyes: through that window. The books in the kitchen were
well worth reading. Im a bit concerned about the stairs and getting
that key from beyond the next room. :D

Its pretty dark in there is the room meant to be underwater or did
I forget to turn off the tap in the bathroom :p
Where is the next box of flares?, I can see that
the next tunnel leads back into the tomb , but Im getting low on
health, and thats a very long jump- is there a health pack nearby ?
:cool:

Cheers / Chris

johnbegone
11th Jun 2005, 04:53
forget the health pack for now and draw your pistols. you have to kill all those poisonous snakes before you can make your jump run otherwise you'll just fall over the edge when you get there. :D

midroth
11th Jun 2005, 10:54
To late. And I didn't save before...

GeorgeMaciver
11th Jun 2005, 11:02
You lot still stuck back at the waterfall?

:rolleyes:

midroth
11th Jun 2005, 11:30
<no comment>

Sophia Leigh
11th Jun 2005, 11:48
I just completed the game :D ! I wasn't expecting that ending, I thought they said Kurtis wasn't going to make a come-back :eek: .

Jsc
11th Jun 2005, 12:09
what are you talking about!!!

dhama
11th Jun 2005, 12:16
Sorry M, you must be way ahead of me... :( I'm at the waterfall at the start.. you must be at another that I haven't reached yet.

Anyway, for those who are still stuck at the start; read on

Well the game opens up,

she (Lara for those who didn't know) is standing high over an abyss with water tumbling from all sides.. cutscene shows a few stretching excersises and circles her a few times... press F4 and SHIFT-Z at the point where you are immediately behind her, this can take some practise so don't give up, Lara then dives into the water below.

Now I'm stuck again because there seems to be nowhere to climb out.... am I missing something again??? :confused:

ELEN
11th Jun 2005, 14:17
dhama, I think I know where you are (this game has so many places to visit!!). Dive down again and search for an underwater tunnel. It will lead you to a tomb. Kill the two bad creatures at the entrance and then solve the crane puzzle. The waterfalls will open up and (yes) you'll have to make your way all up again.

Do you have probs solving the puzzle? I think you have missed a crucial pick-up.

Mangar The Dark
11th Jun 2005, 14:55
I just completed the game :D ! I wasn't expecting that ending, I thought they said Kurtis wasn't going to make a come-back :eek: .

I would HARDLY call that a comeback!! That guy is a complete traitor. Still, it's kind of cool how it leaves things open for a sequel.

Anyway, overall I'd give the game an 8.7 out of 10. Definitely better than the last few games in the series. It WOULD have gotten a 9.5 out of 10, but that stupid business with the Medusa head was just entirely too frustrating (why do game designers think it's fun to torture us with overly difficult bosses? Having Lara turn to stone while the monsters kick the snot out of her every five seconds is NOT fun!!!!)

ELEN
11th Jun 2005, 15:44
that stupid business with the Medusa head was just entirely too frustrating (why do game designers think it's fun to torture us with overly difficult bosses? Having Lara turn to stone while the monsters kick the snot out of her every five seconds is NOT fun!!!!)

LOLOOOLLLOOOLLLL!!!!!! :D Cool boss :p

EddyBones
11th Jun 2005, 16:09
If anyone noticed:

What game are you talking about and where did you get this?

I am confused! :confused: lol

what are you talking about!!!

So let's not just ignore people. By the way, I'm a bit clueless here too... :o

Johnny
11th Jun 2005, 17:02
So let's not just ignore people. By the way, I'm a bit clueless here too... :o

It's called Tomb Raider humour. ;)

Jsc
11th Jun 2005, 18:27
I think MissLara2U and others are lost in a wild dream :D

Rose662
12th Jun 2005, 02:53
Somebody journeyed by TARDIS to the future. LOL :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th Jun 2005, 10:01
Somebody journeyed by TARDIS to the future. LOL :D

OOOOpssss......That would have been us. :o :p :D

I just love the way Lara practices saying silly things in other accents when you leave her alone for a minute or two. Her John Wayne impression is uncanny! :D

TheBoo
12th Jun 2005, 12:45
I'm gonna have a Legend-ary anxiety attack any minute now!

:D

PS all this talk is filling my mind with possibilities..........can't wait, can't wait!!

Jsc
12th Jun 2005, 13:10
Calm down......
You are dreaming. legend is not out yet. Calm down before I call the cyicoiatric wharf.

dhama
12th Jun 2005, 14:56
Who, the Klingon?

Solange
12th Jun 2005, 15:59
Who, the Klingon?

A Klingon? :eek: Where? :eek: What level? :eek:

I bet it is in the one located on Mars! I've just started it, and damn, it is tough!

jayel
12th Jun 2005, 21:51
A Klingon? :eek: Where? :eek: What level? :eek:

I bet it is in the one located on Mars! I've just started it, and damn, it is tough!

Yes, about midway through the Mars level you will encounter the Klingon. Just after you hear the rush of Martian winds, crouch and crawl to avoid being detected, then leap out, climb the rope to the top of the ore crusher and jump sideways with guns blazing to shoot the crate and knock him into the abyss. Note: Lara must have her hair in a braid and be wearing the camo pants and green crop top to accomplish this mission, any other wardrobe combo will result in failure.

johnbegone
12th Jun 2005, 23:14
Yes, about midway through the Mars level you will encounter the Klingon. Just after you hear the rush of Martian winds, crouch and crawl to avoid being detected, then leap out, climb the rope to the top of the ore crusher and jump sideways with guns blazing to shoot the crate and knock him into the abyss. Note: Lara must have her hair in a braid and be wearing the camo pants and green crop top to accomplish this mission, any other wardrobe combo will result in failure.
what works better to finish him off? The 9mms the desert eagle or the uzis's and what about that huge crab looking thing on the way back to the airlock? any shortcuts there?

Mangar The Dark
13th Jun 2005, 02:08
Her John Wayne impression is uncanny! :D

You obviously haven't seen any John Wayne movies recently. No offense to Lara, but that was the WORST John Wayne impersonation ever. I had to listen to it five time before I figured out what she was even trying to do!

Speaking of cowboy movies and whatnot, I do love the fact that they FINALLY gave Lara the ability to ride a horse on certain levels! I remember reading an interview with Core way back when they were working on TR3, and they mentioned that they wanted to have levels where Lara rides a horse, so it's nice that they finally did it. Well, THEY didn't, but Crystal Dynamics did.

Sophia Leigh
13th Jun 2005, 08:13
You obviously haven't seen any John Wayne movies recently. No offense to Lara, but that was the WORST John Wayne impersonation ever. I had to listen to it five time before I figured out what she was even trying to do!

I think it was more about the little John Wayne walk that Lara does when she is doing the accent that makes it such an good impression, you need to look as well as listen ;)

Yeah it was good that they finally gave Lara the ability to ride a horse but I didn't get why they had a horse on the Mars levels.

Mangar The Dark
13th Jun 2005, 12:46
Yeah it was good that they finally gave Lara the ability to ride a horse but I didn't get why they had a horse on the Mars levels.

That WAS pretty dumb. But if you watch the cutscene just before she goes to Mars, you can see the horse hops into the ship with her at the last second. If you blink, you'll miss it.

Chris Daly
13th Jun 2005, 13:07
Lara was desperately looking for water in this early level, hence
the horse was used to lead her to water, but she couldnt make
it drink, however straight after that the nine priests re-found
the substitute Scion that lara had left within the dome shaped
tomb which despite its lack of authenticity was used to invoke
ancient water bearing rites.

Trouble is Lara needs to find a fresh water crayfish beyond the
hidden lake, I think this section provides a real challenge ,
however there is trouble afoot further on which you have
probably found already, Why is it that the square there has
so many possibilities? perhaps its within the next section
that the crayfish contributes its role.Is it left or right
and did you find her socks didnt match, this is getting hard.
..... help. I cant believe the size of those Klingon heads :eek:
there is another one hiding nearby. Can I use the magnetic
thing here or is Lara doomed? I dont want to have to go back
to the waterfall - my last save point
Cheers /Chris

Mangar The Dark
13th Jun 2005, 14:24
Lara was desperately looking for water in this early level, hence
the horse was used to lead her to water, but she couldnt make
it drink

I think Lara is pretty much doomed at this point. Remember, the horse was a gift, and she committed the crime of looking it in the mouth.

Chris Daly
13th Jun 2005, 14:57
I suppose the horses name was Mr Ed, :D I found a health pack
and a fresh round of Uzi's in there thats where the 2nd secret was
........honest and thats straight from the horses mouth :rolleyes:
Cheers / Chris

TheBoo
14th Jun 2005, 16:34
This gets more and more bizarre.........how do you folks think of this stuff?

......keep it up.........

GeorgeMaciver
14th Jun 2005, 16:53
they mentioned that they wanted to have levels where Lara rides a horse, so it's nice that they finally did it. Well, THEY didn't, but Crystal Dynamics did.

Nope, CD weren't the first - Lara rides a horse out of the movie complex at the end of Lara at the Movies.

:p

dhama
14th Jun 2005, 17:26
Nope, CD weren't the first - Lara rides a horse out of the movie complex at the end of Lara at the Movies.

:p

Actually, technically it wasn't Lara the rode that horse. :p

Jsc
14th Jun 2005, 19:59

Speaking of cowboy movies and whatnot, I do love the fact that they FINALLY gave Lara the ability to ride a horse on certain levels! I remember reading an interview with Core way back when they were working on TR3, and they mentioned that they wanted to have levels where Lara rides a horse, so it's nice that they finally did it. Well, THEY didn't, but Crystal Dynamics did.

Your insulting what the new Lara said when we didn't even here her voice :confused:

Mangar The Dark
14th Jun 2005, 20:04
Your insulting what the new Lara said when we didn't even here her voice :confused:

Ummmmm... we're also saying a whole lot of stuff that we know nothing about. That's kind of the point! (look back at some of the other postings in this thread... you'll catch a pattern.)

Trinity34
14th Jun 2005, 22:44
Can you guys tell me where I can get a walkthrough for the demo? :)

Sophia Leigh
15th Jun 2005, 11:52
Actually, technically it wasn't Lara the rode that horse. :p

It was Lara, it just wasn't Angelina :p

jayel
16th Jun 2005, 00:40
Can you guys tell me where I can get a walkthrough for the demo? :)

I believe you can grab that at The Tomb Raider Chronicles site. If I recall correctly it is located just above the "Tomb Raider Legend II: Jungle Apocalypse Walkthrough (Tomb Raider 8)" on the list of walkthroughs.

Klerik of Kaos
16th Jun 2005, 16:23
Ok. Can someone PLEASE tell me if you guys got early copies of the game or are you guys just playing a demo?!? You guys are just here talking about the game. At least let others know if it's a demo or the full game. If it's the full game, how did you guys get your hands on the copy? Unless you're out of the United States... We get the game December 31st of next year.... Couldn't they bring up the date a bit? Sheesh!

Runtime
16th Jun 2005, 16:32
Ok. Can someone PLEASE tell me if you guys got early copies of the game or are you guys just playing a demo?!?
No demo just a bunch of overactive imaginations :D

Klerik of Kaos
16th Jun 2005, 16:40
Wow... So you guys got people hyped up for nothing. AWESOME! I woulda done something like that! Get people all happy for no reason... You guys are funny!

dhama
16th Jun 2005, 18:34
Wow... So you guys got people hyped up for nothing. AWESOME! I woulda done something like that! Get people all happy for no reason... You guys are funny!

Well let me see, no one is making anything up, well i'm not, just everyone else. In fact if it wasn't for them, they would realise that my initial post was something that begged infantile attention, but it isn't their fault... oh no..... in fact it's not anyones fault....where's the fault...??? Well that lay in the fact that Lara would not initially dive into the water filled abyss that she was precariously purched above. But anyway, that problem solved, may I interest you in a subscription to "Tom Braider's Existential Humouristic Monthly" ;)

Jsc
16th Jun 2005, 19:49
So let me get this straight

You people are talking about stuff that doesn't exist

dhama
16th Jun 2005, 20:29
So let me get this straight

You people are talking about stuff that doesn't exist

Doesn't exist???? Have you not downloaded the waterfall demo? :confused:

Trinity34
16th Jun 2005, 20:54

hehe. Can you post a sceen shot, dhama? :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Jun 2005, 21:04
You guys are funny!
Yes, :cool: it's a Tomb Raider tradition. We do it for each new Tomb Raider game incarnation, it's just that dhama didn't realize we'd all jump into his thread to start! :D It has to happen somewhere, though. ;)

dhama
16th Jun 2005, 21:28
Yes, :cool: it's a Tomb Raider tradition. We do it for each new Tomb Raider game incarnation, it's just that dhama didn't realize we'd all jump into his thread to start! :D It has to happen somewhere, though. ;)

Oh yea of little faith.. i'm surprised at you Catsuit, I think this is a very helpful forum, already 3 people have shown me the correct way to proceed, 2 people have shown via sscreenshots, and one has already shown me the door.
What a lovely community it is to behold. :D

Staticon
16th Jun 2005, 21:38
I just opened a grating in the courtyard, climbed down a ladder and entered a room with a little marshmallow creature taking a bath.

He asked Lara to look the other way while he got out of the bath, but she said that she preferred to keep her back to him if he didn't mind.

So what do I do next? :confused:

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Jun 2005, 21:42
He asked Lara to look the other way while he got out of the bath, but she said that she preferred to keep her back to him if he didn't mind.

*snork* That's a picture, that is, and that's your hint. :p

dhama
16th Jun 2005, 21:47
I just opened a grating in the courtyard, climbed down a ladder and entered a room with a little marshmallow creature taking a bath.

Make sure you're playing the same demo? :D

johnbegone
16th Jun 2005, 23:35

Did you find the coins in the hegde before going down the ladder? If not you have to go back and get them to give to the funny little creature but you have to hurry before he disappears otherwise you have to go back to the start of the level and come back again or use a savegame. :D He'll then open a secret door for you. :rolleyes:

bene
17th Jun 2005, 01:50
If ya'll would just fork over a few bucks for Prima's Official Stategy Guide: Legends,The Demo, you'd be happier and yes, it's out already. :p

ok so I told a fib...it's not out yet :D

Staticon
17th Jun 2005, 18:56
Doh! And I'd just bought it. :confused:

Jsc
17th Jun 2005, 19:58

No.. Where is it. Someone post a direct link please.

GeorgeMaciver
17th Jun 2005, 20:10
Http://www.linktotombraiderlegendwaterfalldemo.com

dhama
17th Jun 2005, 21:02
Or a link that actually works.... http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com ;)

Lia67
17th Jun 2005, 22:37
If ya'll would just fork over a few bucks for Prima's Official Stategy Guide: Legends,The Demo, you'd be happier and yes, it's out already. :p

Not out yet??? Then what the heck have I been playing for the past two hours??? :eek:

*Looks at box* The Lost Artifact??? I think I'll just keep using my imagination. ;)

Jsc
17th Jun 2005, 23:31
Or a link that actually works...... http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com ;)
which part of the site

Mangar The Dark
18th Jun 2005, 03:07
Not out yet??? Then what the heck have I been playing for the past two hours??? :eek:

*Looks at box* The Lost Artifact??? I think I'll just keep using my imagination. ;)

Lol. It's funny that you mention the Lost Artifact, considering the fact that they put the Loch Ness Monster in this demo as an easter egg near the waterfall.

Lia67
18th Jun 2005, 06:43
Lol. It's funny that you mention the Lost Artifact, considering the fact that they put the Loch Ness Monster in this demo as an easter egg near the waterfall.

Well, if I squint it isn't so hard to imagine that I'm playing the Legend demo. ;)

jayel
19th Jun 2005, 16:45
Just played through for the second time - I just love Angela Lansbury's voice acting at the ghost of Lara's mother, don't you? It was such a delightful surprise to crawl into the opening below the falls and discover the ghost of the elder Lady Croft.

Klerik of Kaos
19th Jun 2005, 20:20
Just played through for the second time - I just love Angela Lansbury's voice acting at the ghost of Lara's mother, don't you? It was such a delightful surprise to crawl into the opening below the falls and discover the ghost of the elder Lady Croft.
Dude, if you haven't noticed, people stopped pretending that they were playing Legend a LONG time ago... And Angela Lansbury plays Lara, not her mother in Legend.... Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th Jun 2005, 08:30
people stopped pretending that they were playing Legend a LONG time ago.

Who's pretending? :confused:

Klerik of Kaos
20th Jun 2005, 15:58

According to runtime:

No demo just a bunch of overactive imaginations

And dhama:

Well let me see, no one is making anything up, well i'm not, just everyone else. In fact if it wasn't for them, they would realise that my initial post was something that begged infantile attention, but it isn't their fault... oh no..... in fact it's not anyones fault....where's the fault...??? Well that lay in the fact that Lara would not initially dive into the water filled abyss that she was precariously purched above. But anyway, that problem solved, may I interest you in a subscription to "Tom Braider's Existential Humouristic Monthly"

Which is where I got pretending from! :D

DKSM
20th Jun 2005, 16:38
Which is where I got pretending from! :D

Maybe they were pretending to pretend, thus nullifying their comments and further emphasizing the truth behind all other statements.

jayel
21st Jun 2005, 22:44

Certainly not I.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

No apology necessary...the bubble remains blissfully intact. *checks the room for dudes, but finds none*

Staticon
22nd Jun 2005, 07:25
My brain hurts! http://www.staticon.net/Smileys/homer_blank.gif

Runtime
22nd Jun 2005, 12:52
Maybe they were pretending to pretend, thus nullifying their comments and further emphasizing the truth behind all other statements.
ROFL :D :rolleyes:

LARAMANIAC
3rd Jul 2005, 21:43

Now the question has to be - what the hell did you have to do to get a CD? No wait don't answer that question I don't think I want to know! :D

Wonderful, just a tad to short for me - maybe I need to stretch my imagination more! ;)

dhama
7th Jan 2006, 17:46
It's alright, finally found my way.... but thanks to all those who helped. :)

lara_legend
7th Jan 2006, 19:16
Ok what the ... is this

Do you have the game already. And then really the full game???
Or just the demo and if it is the demo could you post it so that i can play it to.

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzBECAUSE I AM DYING TO PLAY THE GAME
and could you tell me how the game looks.

MAN I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!~!!!!!!!!!!

Treeble
7th Jan 2006, 20:20
and could you tell me how the game looks.

There are screenshots all around.

*waits for thousands of newbies to ask for the link to the supposed demo*

StarChampagne
7th Jan 2006, 20:22
Gimme link to the demo plzzzz!!
Where is demo? Me want now!!!!
Demodemodemodemodemo....... etc

Anyway, I read the whole thread... LOL!

I wish I could have kept up with your progress, but I got stuck on that mini-game to access the TITLE SCREEN :(

Killer Cop
8th Jan 2006, 00:40
Come on guys give us a link for that Tomb Raider: Legend demo!!! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!!!

I tried tombraidercronicles but they did not have it...

PLEASE!!!

LPGIRL
8th Jan 2006, 02:37
:D YOU GUYS!! this is truly the funniest thread i've ever read! i haven't laughed out loud so much in a long time. thank you for a wonderful ending to a rotten day! :)

TRfan
8th Jan 2006, 04:50
I dont know what ya'll are talking about and Im not even going to pretent to play along. lol

Sophia Leigh
8th Jan 2006, 06:12
To answer recent questions, read the entire thread ;) :D

StarChampagne
8th Jan 2006, 13:25
So when do we get TR 8?? :D:D

Tipsko
8th Jan 2006, 13:49
So when do we get TR 8?? :D:D

You might want to try Ebay, it should be there for at least half the price!

dhama
8th Jan 2006, 19:43
TR 8? .... didn't anyone tell you TR 7 was going to be the last one... :eek:

Mangar The Dark
8th Jan 2006, 20:03
TR 8? .... didn't anyone tell you TR 7 was going to be the last one... :eek:

Well, yeah, it's true that "technically" TR7 will be the last TR game since Lara officially retires from raiding tombs at the end of it, but there WILL be more games with Lara. TR8 will actually be "LARA CROFT: CROSSWORD SOLVER"

star girl
9th Jan 2006, 12:56
WHAT?!!!!!! :eek:

Are you sure, TR7 is gonna be the last???

gingerspice+tombobsessed
9th Jan 2006, 15:57
WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!> Legend isn't out yet! If this is a joke then you're really ed up in the head!

dhama
9th Jan 2006, 16:05
Yes, I can honestly say, there will never be another TR7. ;)

Mangar The Dark
9th Jan 2006, 16:13
Hey, Star Girl and Gingerspice-- I'm selling puppies that silently sing Wagner's greatest operas (without even moving their mouths or making the slightest sound!) They're real cheap! Care to buy them? ;)

Solange
9th Jan 2006, 16:34
Hey, Star Girl and Gingerspice-- I'm selling puppies that silently sing Wagner's greatest operas (without even moving their mouths or making the slightest sound!) They're real cheap! Care to buy them? ;)

Mangar The Dark, advertising and selling stuff on the forum is against the TOU's! ;)

:D

Shrensh
9th Jan 2006, 17:13
Oh really?! Can I have one? I'll PM you my credit card details!

star girl
9th Jan 2006, 17:39
WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!> Legend isn't out yet! If this is a joke then you're really ed up in the head!

gingerspice+tombobsessed = I believe one thing ginger :-

SHOUTING ISN'T ALLOWED!!!!!

AND and and, *catches breath* I myself was in a state of shock, as I kindly now repeat what dhama said:-

TR 8? .... didn't anyone tell you TR 7 was going to be the last one...

Mangar = No thanks, I don't want any dogs in my place.

Chris Daly
17th Jan 2006, 06:11
I found Lara lost her shoe in some mud at the waterfall :p ,
how can I proceed wearing just one shoe? :D

Sophia Leigh
17th Jan 2006, 08:07
If you do a swan dive down the water fall you will find a new pair at the bottom. :)

Solange
17th Jan 2006, 08:15
But damn it was difficult tying the laces before I figured out what controle to use! :eek:

Chris Daly
17th Jan 2006, 09:08
If you do a swan dive down the water fall you will find a new pair at the bottom. :)

They didn't fit !! :eek: Where did you find the shoe with laces Solange ?
I'm sitting at the bottom of the waterfall just wondering what to do next
Do I have to use the grappling thingy to find the shoe, or is it a matter of
pressing XO and Triangle in rapid sequence :p that re sizes Lara's shoe
Desperate !! the sun is setting and I'm cold hungry, and all out of Flares !!! :D :D

star girl
17th Jan 2006, 14:42
They didn't fit !! :eek: Where did you find the shoe with laces Solange ?
I'm sitting at the bottom of the waterfall just wondering what to do next
Do I have to use the grappling thingy to find the shoe, or is it a matter of
pressing XO and Triangle in rapid sequence :p that re sizes Lara's shoe
Desperate !! the sun is setting and I'm cold hungry, and all out of Flares !!! :D :D

Aww... Poor Lara.

Try pressing Crouch and Walk, and she'll take out a new pair from her pack! :D

But damn it was difficult tying the laces before I figured out what controle to use!

Yeah! Imagine, tying shoes with the Sprint button :D

Chris Daly
17th Jan 2006, 14:51
Ahh(shoe).. wheres my tissues- that feels much better :p

star girl
21st Jan 2006, 10:27
Ahh(shoe).. wheres my tissues- that feels much better :p

Good! Anything else?

mistercroft
21st Jan 2006, 21:51
eh... what? :confused: ok you guys are strange :D really strange sounds like yur talkin about Legend but its not even out yet.... :confused:

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 02:10
What is this topic about? :confused: I already saw some screenshots, guiding to whatever is needed with yellow arrows. Is there a demo of this or somethin' :confused: ? Anyone help?

dhama
22nd Jan 2006, 10:22
Ok, this doesn't make sense... I read somewhere that there was a new pair of boot laces that I had to find, but where are they??!!!! If I can't get through this bit how am I going to continues when I have the whole game??

Oh, and please stay on topic. ;)

ELEN
22nd Jan 2006, 12:52
Yeah, that's true. You have to find the laces and combine them with the boots to get the Boots with Laces. But what they say about sprinting after getting this item isn't true. You need one more item. I won't spoil it. You are indeed close to it. Search close where you found the boots.

StarChampagne
22nd Jan 2006, 13:14
And, if you manage to complete the very difficult jumps at the end, you unlock the Black Diamante High Heeled Shoes. They don't need to be tied, but Lara moves slowly and if you trip, she could break her ankles!! You have been warned...

Wow, more wares from Mangar? Singing puppies? They'll look great on my mantelpiece along with that Brooklyn Bridge and the demo of Tomb Raider 9: Lara Croft Is Sent Into Outer Space And Mutates Into An Alien Until You Find The Cure [Join Lara in 20 action-packed levels from the dusty reaches of Mars to previously undiscovered lush, temperate planets! Boldly going where no Tomb Raider has ever gone before... ;) )

Looking good people :)

miss independent
22nd Jan 2006, 15:54
What is this topic about? :confused: I already saw some screenshots, guiding to whatever is needed with yellow arrows. Is there a demo of this or somethin' :confused: ? Anyone help?

I don't know what they're talking about either! :confused:

dhama
22nd Jan 2006, 16:44
I don't know what they're talking about either! :confused:

You mean you haven't seen the Legend waterfall demo?

Joshorty
22nd Jan 2006, 17:21
:eek: what?!?! :eek:

miss independent
22nd Jan 2006, 20:07
what?! :eek: Where did you get that?!!!!! :eek:

BloodRayne
22nd Jan 2006, 21:14
ugh stop teasing ppl. to let u know. there is no demo out.

miss independent
22nd Jan 2006, 21:21
oh. :( No wonder everyone is confused. ;)

ELEN
23rd Jan 2006, 00:15

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/vlol.gif

Seriously now, I think you should post the download link instead of just throwing a comment. This is not fair, you know, and many people might get confused.

Joshorty
23rd Jan 2006, 00:45
Thank you for clearing this up-_-....

miss independent
23rd Jan 2006, 01:35
i'm still confused :confused:

Joshorty
23rd Jan 2006, 02:10
Someone post a download link for this missy please-_-...and me too maybe. Wher did you guys get this waterfall demo anyways :confused:

TRfan
23rd Jan 2006, 02:38
people... it does not exist.

Chris Daly
23rd Jan 2006, 02:44
Good! Anything else?

Yes,.. Elen has hinted at the additional item :

"Yeah, that's true. You have to find the laces and combine them with the boots to get the Boots with Laces. But what they say about sprinting after getting this item isn't true. You need one more item. I won't spoil it. You are indeed close to it. Search close where you found the boots."

Lara having tripped awkwardly -falling off balance onto a very distant
log, :eek: while trying to get the laces tied :p ,has cut her little finger
and makes her way to the waters edge rather than use her last
remaining medipack to bathe the wound. But halts remembering
the rats at Bartoli's hideout and not seeing a readily available
motorboat, her choices to proceed are narrowed to the mystical
or perhaps to using the magnetic grappling thingy to access the
ledge, and bathe the wound in a small pool of water up there.

The whizz sound of the grappling hook reminds her of the way
Winston would whip up a cup of tea in no time at all. The
grappling hook instructions however didn't mention that if a
ferrous object or viable object couldn't be found the hook would
rush back as fast as it left. :rolleyes: ( Press Duck and Action )

Risking the water Lara wades into its depths sensing the
combination of Boots and Laces is insufficient, she grasps
at understanding why her sock colour would make any
difference.. is the colour related to the boots and laces
or is it a matter of taking the boots off again to play
some silly game of counting her toes.. No there is something
else needed........it might be in the water or in the deep depths
Swimming out Lara watches pensively for danger. The water
is cascading near the waterfall. Swimming down Lara
see's in the distance a tunnel that she thinks must lead
underneath the waterfall.....

Sophia Leigh
23rd Jan 2006, 06:44
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/vlol.gif

Seriously now, I think you should post the download link instead of just throwing a comment. This is not fair, you know, and many people might get confused.

O.K the link is www.tombraiderchronicles.com/waterfalldemo??? http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/028.gif

dhama
23rd Jan 2006, 09:13
people... it does not exist.

Shame on you Mum for not giving the complete LINK (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies_02.html)

It's on the bottom right column. ;)

TRfan
23rd Jan 2006, 16:07
Shame on you Mum for not giving the complete LINK (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/hdtv_movies_02.html)

It's on the bottom right column. ;)

GRrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

dhama
23rd Jan 2006, 19:26
GRrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

Whats up? is it not the waterfall demo? :confused:

TRfan
23rd Jan 2006, 22:00
Whats up? is it not the waterfall demo? :confused:

the gameplay footage?! :confused:

:mad:

BloodRayne
23rd Jan 2006, 22:11
omgzzz ok...everyone...who doesn't know There is NO Tomb Raider legend "waterfall demo" out. so lets just leave it. ok.

Solange
23rd Jan 2006, 22:23
omgzzz ok...everyone...who doesn't know There is NO Tomb Raider legend "waterfall demo" out. so lets just leave it. ok.

There isn't? :eek:

dhama
23rd Jan 2006, 22:24
I guess this is what happens when you don't read all the posts.. :rolleyes:

Don't get mad... just kick yourself :D

miss independent
23rd Jan 2006, 22:34
That took a while for some people to figure that out. ;)

Joshorty
24th Jan 2006, 01:19
Then what does page 1 of this thread make it sound like there is a demo? :confused: I'm still so confused. The person who started this topic thread is sayin' as if he played it along with other people :confused:

BloodRayne
24th Jan 2006, 01:37
Think of it as a role playing thread lol. ok serisouly there is no demo. i dont wanna sound mean and everything, but get over it. ive already told u there is NO demo.

suzieq51
24th Jan 2006, 01:58
Then what does page 1 of this thread make it sound like there is a demo? :confused: I'm still so confused. The person who started this topic thread is sayin' as if he played it along with other people :confused:

It's all about having a sense of humour my friend. Mr dhama (who started this thread) has a delightful sense of the ridiculous which I, along with many fellow forumites, find extremely entertaining, so we were just playing along with him - stirring the pot, so to speak. We like to have fun here and not take things too seriously. :)

Joshorty
24th Jan 2006, 05:34
:eek: ......-_-....I thought those pics looks a lot like from the official trailer 1

Chris Daly
24th Jan 2006, 12:06
... Lara swims down but quickly has to surface again because
her shoe lace is coming undone again and she doesn't want to risk
the boot plunging into the murky depths. :p

Wading out of the waterfall Lara's boots gets stuck in some very
sticky mud. :eek:

What should she do next ???? :D

Solange
24th Jan 2006, 13:31
Did you pick up the scraper in the first level? You can use that to clear her boots. If not, use the hose she has in her inventory and attach it to the rope and an arrow and shoot it with the cross-bow to the waterfall. With that you can lead the water through the hose and rinse the boots.

Don't forget the pickup to your left after you break loose, it is a flare and some much needed aspirin!

Chris Daly
24th Jan 2006, 13:46
Solange I missed the scraper where was it ? Thanks for the hose
suggestion that worked really well.. Lara's boots are clean :p
Are you still stuck at the waterfall? :confused:

I think this section has to be one of the most challenging.
Every time I try to leave another problem is created, do
you find this too. Maybe its designed so that we never
can get Lara past this level... I'm enjoying every moment
and can't wait for the next problem to arise. :D :D

Psychopompador
24th Jan 2006, 15:37
i think it's hilarious that there are still people who come into this forum and are all flustered about where the demo is..

Joshorty
24th Jan 2006, 20:22
It's just the way the thread started off :mad: It's so convincing. :mad: such manipulation...-_-

Solange
24th Jan 2006, 20:59
Yes, isn't it great? :D

ELEN
24th Jan 2006, 22:06
O.K the link is www.tombraiderchronicles.com/waterfalldemo??? http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/028.gif

Har har :D

Sobekeus
24th Jan 2006, 22:12
Lol, buncha meanies :p