PDA

View Full Version : Am I a moron?

Torin
9th Jun 2005, 11:24
How the heck do I repair my units. I have looked though the maual several times and played all the tutorials....I took peidmont but had several wounded units and now I cant repair them. What is the point of getting xp if you have to disband a unit because it is now size 4?

tra
9th Jun 2005, 11:28
you have to build a military hospital that will give u the ability to heal ur men u have to build it in the territory u men are in

Fasciti
9th Jun 2005, 13:55
What about for healing navy?

And do the hospitals raise the number of troops per unit to full?

5/77 Armd
9th Jun 2005, 14:01
You repair ships by moving them into a military harbor (you can't move any ships into a merchant harbor)! There is a difference. Once you research surgery to build field hospitals, you move army units into the barracks, right click the unit and hit the "restore" button, (right click the ship and hit repair). This will cost resources as well as manpower, but your unit will be restored to full complement. There is no limit to how many units can be healed in a turn and you can move them out of the territory right away.

Cpt.HooK
9th Jun 2005, 17:22
Healing depends on which type of goverment you have democratic regimes can't heal troops best you can do is drag and drop them into each other to fill the unit,even then they must be the same nationality.

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 09:04
How the heck do I repair my units. I have looked though the maual several times and played all the tutorials....I took peidmont but had several wounded units and now I cant repair them. What is the point of getting xp if you have to disband a unit because it is now size 4?
As for your men once they come out of battle I just discharge the men and bring in a full new battalion.

5/77 Armd
11th Jun 2005, 14:31
I'll discharge some units, but most times I'll keep them around until I build a replacement unit, then I move the new unit into the damaged one. This way I keep some of the experience. (If you have a unit with only 12 men or so, they won't bring the unit's experience up).

Captain.Crunch
11th Jun 2005, 23:58
Well when im into the game a bit I like to aim to having 3 generals for my front and a couple of colonels behind me so I can trade men when I loose some in battleā€¦. I have a string of colonels that keep getting my fresh men from portugal I have a military base there. However when I take France as im working through that way of the map I will do a new military base there and keep working my way through. Cant wait to get a field marshal they hold a lot of men. :thumbsup:

How are you taking the countries what ones have you taken.

5/77 Armd
12th Jun 2005, 15:28
I do that too, I got a mess of colonels who run around bringing up replacements from Portugal to Spain and from Britain and Scandinavia to Hannover. A never ending stream!

I forget which quest it is, but I always aim to get it. It's the one where all your wounded units get healed 100% and go up a level. So at the beginning of the game, all my barracks are chock full of wounded units. (One only had one dude in it). As soon as that quest was completed, I effectively quadrupled my army in one month!