PDA

View Full Version : CTD, Blue Screen of Death

company_man
9th Jun 2005, 05:40
I'm suffering from an unusually frequent amount of blue screens of death and crashes to desktop during battle sequences.

I am a US user with the 3 CD version. I run updated Windows XP Sp2, DirectX 9.0c. Have two 120gb disks, second just for the games I'm currently playing. Keep it defragged and clean.

P4 3.0ghz Intel, PSP400 Asus MB, 2GB DDR3200 ram, Nvidia BFG Tech 5950 256 Ulra card, not overclocked. Running latest 71.89 drivers. Audigy 2 Platinum ZS Pro soundcard with latest drivers. Cleaned all drivers and reinstalled XP.

I experience rather random crashes to dekstop in the strategic game.

I experience rather random blue screens of death on nv4_display.dll (graphics driver).

I have uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled on a freshly formatted physical disk.

Still getting the BSD and crashes every hour to an hour and a half of playing. Most often it crashes at the end of the battle sequence. I have tried all graphics level options. Still BSD and crash.

I'm at my wits end, I'm enjoying this game but ready to hurl the package into the garbage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Company_Man

jaywalker2309
9th Jun 2005, 06:48
I'm suffering from an unusually frequent amount of blue screens of death and crashes to desktop during battle sequences.

I am a US user with the 3 CD version. I run updated Windows XP Sp2, DirectX 9.0c. Have two 120gb disks, second just for the games I'm currently playing. Keep it defragged and clean.

P4 3.0ghz Intel, PSP400 Asus MB, 2GB DDR3200 ram, Nvidia BFG Tech 5950 256 Ulra card, not overclocked. Running latest 71.89 drivers. Audigy 2 Platinum ZS Pro soundcard with latest drivers. Cleaned all drivers and reinstalled XP.

I experience rather random crashes to dekstop in the strategic game.

I experience rather random blue screens of death on nv4_display.dll (graphics driver).

I have uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled on a freshly formatted physical disk.

Still getting the BSD and crashes every hour to an hour and a half of playing. Most often it crashes at the end of the battle sequence. I have tried all graphics level options. Still BSD and crash.

I'm at my wits end, I'm enjoying this game but ready to hurl the package into the garbage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Company_Man

Most common cause of BSD crashes is overheating. How good is the cooling on your PC? try with the case off?

revolution74
9th Jun 2005, 09:52
Your machine specs seem to be very good.....
But this SP2!!! All the gamers know that it's the reason of infinite problems!!!!
If you can, remove it!

Cpt.HooK
9th Jun 2005, 13:00
I don't know if this will help but i used to have a similar problem when playing call of duty.I turned off fast-write on my graphics card from the bios haven't had a BSD since :thumbsup:

company_man
10th Jun 2005, 01:39
Thanks for the fast-write ideas. I'll look at see if there is an option.

My case temp is below 37 degrees celsius / 98 deg farenheit. It's open, it has two circulatory fans, two power supply fans, one side wall fan, disk fan, cpu fan and graphics card fan.

I have the alarm on the card set to go off at a very low temp, and I haven't exceeded 45 deg celsius since I opened the case. I'm also running a steady, safe power current from the 600 w power supply.

It's either a faulty graphics card or something bizarre with the game.

company_man

cutter3377
21st Jun 2005, 11:25
i too keep getting this blue screen coming up every so often.Im at a critical level of the campaign where ive attacked austria and theyre retaliating but just before the battle loads it goes to a blue screen and says dumping phisical memory.Ive not had any problems with any other game before and this one was working perfectly for me until now.Actually it has happened before once or twice but now it seems to be doing it more and its not cause its overheating cause its happened even when ive just turned the computer on.Can anyone tell me how to fix this in laymans terms please.

jaywalker2309
21st Jun 2005, 11:29
i too keep getting this blue screen coming up every so often.Im at a critical level of the campaign where ive attacked austria and theyre retaliating but just before the battle loads it goes to a blue screen and says dumping phisical memory.Ive not had any problems with any other game before and this one was working perfectly for me until now.Actually it has happened before once or twice but now it seems to be doing it more and its not cause its overheating cause its happened even when ive just turned the computer on.Can anyone tell me how to fix this in laymans terms please.

Just rebooting doesnt guarentee that you are not overheating.. its internal components that are causing the problem - moment the game kicks in the graphics card takes a severe hit and heats up in an instant.