PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the modders gone?

Irish2
8th Jun 2005, 19:40
The mods showed so much promise in the early stages.

The main thing I would like to see modded:

*Historic Units Uniforms
*Change the Unit stats so different nations truly have different untis
*Change the way the AI produces untis-Would like to see more grenadiers and Calvary late in the game.
*Make computer more willing to go for knockout blow when you are weakened.
*Make it impossible to see exact force strength for enemy armies in strategic view. I think we should only be allowed to maybe know how many infantry or calvary divisions accompany the commander, but not necessarily the exact type of unit or unit strength.

mob
9th Jun 2005, 14:45
wheres berdan gone i'm confused they were all here and then the game was released then nothing

tra
9th Jun 2005, 14:46
wats wrong

Nahirean
9th Jun 2005, 20:14
wats wrong

I had big plans for a great mod, but I am getting no help whatsoever from the devs or the mods here. They wont even answer 1 question for me.

Broadside
10th Jun 2005, 01:32
Quite bizarre - a burst of minor activity on release, but nothing substantial produced. Berdan was fairly prolific while the demo was out, but seems to have faded into obscurity since the full game was released. Cannot undestand why considering no other great war startegy games have been released in the last few months. Overall, the active following for this game on the forums seems to be very limited indeed.

Nahirean
10th Jun 2005, 02:57
Quite bizarre - a burst of minor activity on release, but nothing substantial produced. Berdan was fairly prolific while the demo was out, but seems to have faded into obscurity since the full game was released. Cannot undestand why considering no other great war startegy games have been released in the last few months. Overall, the active following for this game on the forums seems to be very limited indeed.

It's really quite simple: This game sucks. It can only be improved by fierce modding ESPECAILLY unit stats. In it's state, the game is subpar to games like R:TW and even M:TW. The strategy map is fine, but the battles need a ton of work - and the devs and the MODS on this board have shown absolutely NO interest in even trying to answer one question of mine.

Fiddlerpig
10th Jun 2005, 03:02
They have to wait until the patch is made, otherwise you would have to download their mod on vanilla IG.

Mike_B
10th Jun 2005, 05:40
and the MODS on this board have shown absolutely NO interest in even trying to answer one question of mine.

In order to do so we should first know the answer to it ourselves. Me & sick are volunteers we don't work for Eidos or Pyro, so we know just as much as you do.

Nahirean
10th Jun 2005, 06:56
In order to do so we should first know the answer to it ourselves. Me & sick are volunteers we don't work for Eidos or Pyro, so we know just as much as you do.

You know what, that's one thing. But deleting read receipts and completely ignoring someone's PMs is entirely another. And a mod did claim to have contact with the dev team.

jaywalker2309
10th Jun 2005, 08:19
You know what, that's one thing. But deleting read receipts and completely ignoring someone's PMs is entirely another. And a mod did claim to have contact with the dev team.

Most of the mods do have contact with the dev team. If its not via me its direct with Pyro.

mob
10th Jun 2005, 09:59
its quiet simple really

lets enjoy this game because it doesnt suck but needs so much patching i cant understand why it was released this early in development

but once horses are slowed down and more units of different varietys are brought in and those recruits are broaght down in price and some more general fixs

not even an ingame lobby but just a view of all games that are up
this ip thing is funny its a joke lol

when the patch comes out we will judge until then lets live with what we have

rtw ;)

Yorkie
10th Jun 2005, 14:41
I had big plans for a great mod, but I am getting no help whatsoever from the devs or the mods here. They wont even answer 1 question for me.

hey sry for not being on the forum 24hrs a day or trying to continue my file breakdown. but ffs i have a RL and atm is got very very important works gone hectic and to top it all off G/F has a bun in the oven .. SO you`ll have to forgive me if im not logged on every day ...

BUt saying that i will contiunue to post my files when and where i can .. Even if that means staying behind at work for a hr ..

Nahirean
10th Jun 2005, 18:49
hey sry for not being on the forum 24hrs a day or trying to continue my file breakdown. but ffs i have a RL and atm is got very very important works gone hectic and to top it all off G/F has a bun in the oven .. SO you`ll have to forgive me if im not logged on every day ...

BUt saying that i will contiunue to post my files when and where i can .. Even if that means staying behind at work for a hr ..

Uhhh.. this had nothing to do with you Yorkie...

Nahirean
10th Jun 2005, 18:50
Most of the mods do have contact with the dev team. If its not via me its direct with Pyro.

Jay,

Then why are you ignoring my pms? It's not like it's a difficult question to answer.. even a "It can't be done." is better than silence.

jaywalker2309
11th Jun 2005, 00:53
Jay,

Then why are you ignoring my pms? It's not like it's a difficult question to answer.. even a "It can't be done." is better than silence.

*checks PM box* i got 1 pm from you. i dont know the answer myself, and i'd sent it off to the dev team , in mean time i'd noticed that people had already posted about which files seem to do what with regards units and stats so thought that answered your question already

Nahirean
11th Jun 2005, 04:11
*checks PM box* i got 1 pm from you. i dont know the answer myself, and i'd sent it off to the dev team , in mean time i'd noticed that people had already posted about which files seem to do what with regards units and stats so thought that answered your question already

I've sent you 2-3 pms! And they identified a file that NO ONE knows to be the correct one which is #1, and #2 - you cannot edit it with conventional means.

jaywalker2309
11th Jun 2005, 08:45
I've sent you 2-3 pms! And they identified a file that NO ONE knows to be the correct one which is #1, and #2 - you cannot edit it with conventional means.

I definitely only have 1 pm from u.. i am constantly running out of space due to silly limit on number of messages, as you can imagine i get a lot of messages from completely random people..

i am still chasing them up about the stats etc..

caffe
11th Jun 2005, 09:03
For those that are interested.. I will have a mini mod ready in the next couple of days.. mainly gameplay oriented..

features
A. Larger armies.. AI now bulks up

B. More General's allowed in provinces (thanx Yorkie).. I allow 4 + 1 reserve.. this means you can have 20 or so units on the battlefield.. very cool..

C. Have adjusted unit preferences.. no more big armies made up of militias and howitzers.. After early stages militia will hardly show up at all.. with exception of Russia, Portugal, and some of the Arab Powers..

D. Units preferences tweaked according to nationality.. Austria uses more Cavalry.. Russia tends to buy cheaper units (Line, Cossacks, 6" Cannons).. France uses more Light Infantry and typically buys more of the higher priced units.. Great Britain no longer hires lancers (unrealistic.. they didn't use them).. Prussia is balanced..

E. Balanced overall characteristics for Nations.. Russia gets a discount on troop production but is penalized comercial wise.. England gets a discount on Naval Production but is penalized in Resource production.. etc..

F. Minor nations are no longer push overs.. Spain is now a major player of sorts.. other nations can get quite tough.. for instance in the game I'm playing now, Lombardy just invaded Russia.. they were repulsed but still.. they have alot of troops and are very aggresive.

There are still a couple of bugs I need to work out first.. Russia has what I call the Cavalry bug (about 80% of thier army).. The Howitzer bug also pops up.. I'm trying to decrease them without completely removing them.. I also want to tweak some of the minor kingdoms.. Cverall though the game is pretty awesome and very challenging.. I am in the second era now playing as Austria and I have yet to expand.. I am surrounded by massive armies and am now at war with France (which is not good).. the battles have been great.. Will release soon..

** just too give you an idea of what I mean by bulk up.. When you view central Europe on the Strategy map.. it is literally a sea of flags ( and this is early second era)

moetman
11th Jun 2005, 10:48
Excellent caffe, Looking forward to it. Could you tell us what tools you used if any , besides the text editor.
:)

Broadside
11th Jun 2005, 14:16
Yes, looking forward to this one too. Bigger numbers on the battlefield will be great and I like the sound of the other tweaks too.

Gelatinous Cube
11th Jun 2005, 15:06
Impressive. Only thing that would make that mod perfect is Blood for the US version. :cool:

caffe
11th Jun 2005, 23:08
Could you tell us what tools you used if any , besides the text editor.

Everything was done with text editor.. when the mod is ready I will add a readme detailing exactly where everything is and how to change them.. this way everyone can have the game the way they like....

I'm still tweaking and play testing.. but the mod should be ready to go within the next day or so. :thumbsup:

.....as far as blood goes.. I don't know how to fix that.. you seem to have a one track mind g-cube..lol :D

Nahirean
11th Jun 2005, 23:40
Yes, looking forward to this one too. Bigger numbers on the battlefield will be great and I like the sound of the other tweaks too.

Would be even better if we can reduce damage output by about 50% - would make for large battles and they would last longer than 2 seconds.

Nahirean
12th Jun 2005, 00:06
I definitely only have 1 pm from u.. i am constantly running out of space due to silly limit on number of messages, as you can imagine i get a lot of messages from completely random people..

I can submit a screenshot if you'd like, i've sent ya 3 pms.

Cro_Knight
12th Jun 2005, 02:16
is bigger unit sizes relating to more then 60 men in a troop

moetman
12th Jun 2005, 02:52

Great stuff jas , thanks for the effort, look forward to seeing what comes up. Any chance of asking about getting blood in the game :D

Thanks again

caffe
12th Jun 2005, 05:51
Would be even better if we can reduce damage output by about 50% - would make for large battles and they would last longer than 2 seconds.

I totally agree.. but until the dt file is cracked we're just s.o.l... ;) .. I would like to mention though that with the larger armies.. battles take a bit longer.. also the AI actually seems a tad smarter..

Well everything is looking good.. I need to go back and see how Austria does under AI guidance instead of my own.. if they are ok.. then we're good to go.
:cool:

Nahirean
12th Jun 2005, 16:26
I totally agree.. but until the dt file is cracked we're just s.o.l... ;) .. I would like to mention though that with the larger armies.. battles take a bit longer.. also the AI actually seems a tad smarter..

Well everything is looking good.. I need to go back and see how Austria does under AI guidance instead of my own.. if they are ok.. then we're good to go.
:cool:

No one knows that the .dt file is the file we're looking for, and I dont know of anyone who is actively trying to crack it.

curtlegion
12th Jun 2005, 16:42
look forward to it....... :p :p :p :p :p :p

caffe
12th Jun 2005, 17:39
No one knows that the .dt file is the file we're looking for

It is the file my friend.. I assure you.. there are several references to it within the textfiles for combat resolution.. ModeloCombate.dt (Combat Model).. it is refered to as a tabla (Table).. it is a Combat Model Data Table.. and there are several people out there that are trying to crack it... Just be patient, sooner or later it will be modable..

Nahirean
12th Jun 2005, 21:23
It is the file my friend.. I assure you.. there are several references to it within the textfiles for combat resolution.. ModeloCombate.dt (Combat Model).. it is refered to as a tabla (Table).. it is a Combat Model Data Table.. and there are several people out there that are trying to crack it... Just be patient, sooner or later it will be modable..

How can I help crack it?

caffe
13th Jun 2005, 04:12
Ok.. it seems to be ready now.. if someone can just point me to a place where I can upload the files for download.. then we're all set.. :thumbsup:

Sieur_Drewry
13th Jun 2005, 06:11
You can use my site as a mirror (www.igclans.net)
Message me on MSN messenger, dmorris@axedio.com

Franciscus
13th Jun 2005, 13:30
Well, are there any news about when and how will this mod be available ??
Looking forward to try it :D

curtlegion
13th Jun 2005, 13:55
cnorthey@mchsi.com.......thanks.....I can help test your mod..... :p :p :p :p

Broadside
13th Jun 2005, 19:41
SOMEBODY - please let Caffe know where he can get his mod hosted so we can download it !!! :eek: I would be happy to beta test Caffe, how big is the mod file ?

Have you tried the guys on the www.imperial-glory.info forums, they may be able to host the file.

sick
13th Jun 2005, 20:34
Have you tried the guys on the www.imperial-glory.info forums, they may be able to host the file.

Of course we're happy to host it. :) Just send an e-mail to @m, he will take care of it, because I still have to fix my computer and spend most of my time on school these days. :)

redcoat17
13th Jun 2005, 23:48
1. It would be nice if we could combine two reduced units into one unit rather than have a bunch of 25 strength line infantry.

2. Allow the ship to combine into fleets much like the armies do. Rather than tons of little ship icons on the map.

3. Soldiers carry the muskets at the shoulder rather than port arms.

4. maybe the same amount of unit but more men... i.e. 120 vs. 60

Cheers!

Good work guys

redcoat17
13th Jun 2005, 23:52
Oops! "You can combine under-strength units via the drag and drop method.".

I did try this (I promise) and it didnt work but apparently I can't use the interface properly. Much happier now!

bodkinhead
14th Jun 2005, 02:59
I'm still tweaking and play testing.. but the mod should be ready to go within the next day or so. :thumbsup:

How are you packaging this mod?

I trust your not putting the whole
data.pak up for download. How else
can you get the game to look at modded
files? I modded it so hospitals give
more of a population boost, but I incorporated
it into the data.pak. Or is it a DIY mod
where you just give instructions?

caffe
14th Jun 2005, 05:50
Hey everybody.. sorry for the absence (real world stuff).. the mod is actually very small because it onlty deals with a few text files.. so not a large download at all.. however.. I still would like to tweak abit..

I don't want to make everybody wait.. I hate waiting myself.. Sooo.. what I've decided is to tell you guys where to find the files and how to change them.. that way you can tweak the game yourselves.. while I get my mod ready..

The first thing you need to do is make a folder inside of your main IG folder..
1. Create a folder named.. Game (now open the folder)
2. Create a folder named.. GameModes (now open this folder)
3. Create a folder named.. Gestion (now your ready to go)

Everything you need is in the data pak. file.. you can open that file with a zip program ( I use winrar).. The folder that I deal with is labeled Gestion (=Management).. It goes something like this Imperial Glory/ Game/ GameModes/ Gestion..

Alright.. now that you are inside of Gestion there are only 3 folders I deal with
A. Reglas (=Rules?)
B. Balanceo (=Balance)
C. IA (=uhh..AI)

extract these 3 folders into the Gestion folder you created earlier.. once you've done this you are ready to go.. there is no need to delete anything.. and the great thing is if you want to go back to the original game.. you just have to delete the new files......

I want to mention that you DON'T have to extract the whole data pak.. it is totally not necessary.. When the game is running it will look for unpacked files first.. Thus when it reads your unpacked Gestion folder.. it won't bother looking at the pak file Gestion folder.... does this make sense?.. just trust me ;)

caffe
14th Jun 2005, 06:00
I. Reglas
This is where you change the number of general's in a province.. find the file labeled DefReglasGenerales... you can open this file with wordpad.
Now just scroll down about halfway.. until you see this...

# Valores asociados a la capacidad en las provincias
.CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS
[
.MAX_FLOTAS 6 # Max. numero de flotas de un jugador en una provincia
.MAX_EJERCITOS 3 # Max. numero de ejercitos de un jugador en una provincia
.MAX_EJERCITOS_REFUERZO 1 # Max. numero de ejercitos de un jugador que pueden entrar en una provincia como refuerzo
]

.... let me translate.. and I bet you can figure out what to do next..

.MAX_FLOTAS=(maximum ships)
.MAX_EJERCITOS=(maximum generals)
.MAX_EJERCITOS_REFUERZO=(max reinforcements)

I just changed max generals from 3 to 4.. this seems to work the best.. you can make larger if you want to.. but I think 4 is enough.. :rolleyes:

caffe
14th Jun 2005, 06:01
II. Balanceo

Inside of this folder you should see this file "DefsBalanceoJugador".. just open that with wordpad.. and you will get something like this....

.COSTES
[
.DEFAULT
[
.MILITAR 0.27
.COMERCIAL 0.40
.RECURSOS 0.19
.POLITICA 0.15
.TROPAS 0.54
.BARCOS 0.2
]

.JUG_ESPANYA
[
.MILITAR 0.52..........................(=Military)
.COMERCIAL 0.81........................(=Commerce)
.RECURSOS 0.42.........................(=Resources)
.POLITICA 0.32...........................(=Political)
.TROPAS 1.0............................(=Troops)
.BARCOS 0.4............................(=Ships)
]

.JUG_OTOMANO
[
.MILITAR 0.39
.COMERCIAL 0.............................etc.............

..............these are cost values.. once you scroll down to the major powers in the game (Austria,France,etc..) you will notice that all the values are 1.0 this means everything cost full price.. however.. if you change a value to 0.5.. that will cut the cost in half.. Thus, if you change Austria Tropas to 0.5.. you will be paying half price for troops when you play Austria.. This is how I gave some countries bonuses and penalties in my mod.. (ie Russia gets discount on troops,Britain gets discount on ships, ect..)

caffe
14th Jun 2005, 06:39
III. IA

plaxceholder

imported_mike_g
14th Jun 2005, 16:54
Hello folks,
Anyone who has created mods they want to share should send me an email or a PM with a description of the mod, how to install the files, and a link of where it is posted. We will post that link on the Imperial Glory community site, so your name will be up in lights. We already have a couple, but I want all of you to get your due accolades.

Broadside
14th Jun 2005, 20:15
I think I will wait for the finished mod Caffe - I usually make a complete mod disaster if I try fiddling with text scripts. Any idea when you are likely to be done with the tweaking ?? :)

giskard
15th Jun 2005, 12:43
Quick question.

What tools are using to unpack the pack files ?

Giskard

Yorkie
16th Jun 2005, 13:49
Winrar is the best one to use fella

giskard
16th Jun 2005, 20:22
Thanks.

Are right, they did the old quake 3 trick, nice.
That makes things easier.

Giskard

Sieur_Drewry
16th Jun 2005, 20:24
I will need to figure out a way to edit this model type (V3D), but for now I am able to retexture some units and flags.

http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss1.JPG

You cant see very well but the soldiers with the white pants are the future american soldiers.

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 00:20
Got some more screenies.

http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss2.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss3.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss4.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss5.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss6.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss7.JPG

Going to have to change the models.. so that they have the 3 pointed hats. As soon as i find a modeling program that lets me edit V3Ds I should be able to change it.

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 01:00
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss8.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss9.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss10.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss11.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss12.JPG

Here is where I referenced all the uniforms..

Uniform Site (http://www.draytonhall.org/online_exhibits/revwar_uniforms.htm#)

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 01:20
American Militia (WITH guns!)

http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/ss13.JPG

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 05:11
Some new interface changes

http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/1_ss14.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/1_ss15.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/1_ss16.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/1_ss17.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/1_ss18.JPG

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 08:41
I totally agree.. but until the dt file is cracked we're just s.o.l...

hmm ill work on cracking it.

Sir Crow
17th Jun 2005, 13:34
Has anyone made any other flags? Britain for example? And does anyone know how to get rid of those markers on their feet?

Yorkie
17th Jun 2005, 14:04
hmm ill work on cracking it.

What programs are you using to crack it, ive used five diff progs now, all with the supposed capability to read the .dt file.

As for the yankee soliders what nation did you expell from the game?

Gunfreak
17th Jun 2005, 14:12
have you gotten any closer to releaseing the mod, caffe?

moetman
17th Jun 2005, 22:22
I've unpacked the data file but Where can you find the flag textures ?

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 22:36
The flags are in a folder called Banderas (in game flags) there are several other places you will need to edit the flags, on interfaces and others. I still have not completed edited all of the flags for the full replacement. I have it completly edited though so when you choose quick battle you will be able to see it as if America was meant to be in the game not just replaced.

To answer your questoin yorkie i am replacing the Prussians (as not many people play as them. Plus they are kind of pointless almost identical to austria.) I am using a hex editor.. I cannot find a program anywhere that will fully read the file. I am also struggling to find a program capable of editing V3D models so I can edit the models. Right now I am fiddling around with a 3d game modeller called 3D Rad, it seems to read V3Ds but it wont read THIS games V3Ds.. quite a mess it is. I wish I could talk to a developer for just 5 minutes to answer all these questions I have about some of the files.

cossie_fan
17th Jun 2005, 22:36
The land unit flags are here: Models\BANDERAS Problem is, I've only been able to edit the textures, not the actual 3D model of the flags, to change the shape. But you can at least edit the flag skins which are .tga files.

Updated:
Oops! Sieur_Drewry just beat me to the answer by about 30 secs! Sorry about the redundency on my part..

Sieur_Drewry
17th Jun 2005, 22:39
hehe yea i saw that right after I posted.

moetman
18th Jun 2005, 02:51
Thanks Guys - I've managed to update a few flags with no- probs :)

Cro_Knight
18th Jun 2005, 03:33
well i think drew
contact berdan anyway possible and tell him to help u on makign the soldiers cause they look choppy just soem healthy feed back emporer KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Sieur_Drewry
18th Jun 2005, 05:28
I dont know where berdan is.

Nahirean
18th Jun 2005, 07:14
So whats up with the unit stat file? Adding American flags is great, but we cant improve the game until the unit stats file is cracked.

Sieur_Drewry
18th Jun 2005, 07:25
The unitstast file is not readable, its just a bunch of jibberish. It needs to be cracked in a hex editor.

Ok I decided to redo all of the uniforms, as they were all rushed just to see what all I could get into the game. So here is the new uniforms.

http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/2_ss1.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/2_ss2.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/2_ss3.JPG
http://www.igclans.net/mods/screenies/2_ss4.JPG

Sir Crow
18th Jun 2005, 12:03
To answer your questoin yorkie i am replacing the Prussians (as not many people play as them. Plus they are kind of pointless almost identical to austria.) I am using a hex editor.. .

I can't believe what you're saying, pointless? How do you know not many people play them? You describe them as pointless so you replace them with yanks that weren't even there! Great logic that.

timetraveller
18th Jun 2005, 12:41
Excellent work on these uniforms, Sieur_Drewry!

TT

Capt. Hawkins
18th Jun 2005, 20:49
:eek: :eek: Sieur_Drewry......Great Stuff!!!!!!!!! Will you release this as a Mod? :thumbsup:

Sieur_Drewry
18th Jun 2005, 20:55
yes eventually but I want to include a lot more things right now. Like 3 point hats for all the soldiers. Right now the Americans cant use a lot of troops (since this is realistic becuase their army was very limited), they can only use one cavalry type - the dragoon. I need to find a way other than a red mark on the units to make sure you cannot use them. (I can make it so it crashes when you use it but then it makes it for ALL civs that way)

Also I want to put some generals in the battles. I would like to try and make a simple morale system - (at x health make x unit retreat if battling more than one unit). All the stuff for the morale system is there in game allready. It just needs to be implemented. They even recorded retreat sounds for all the units (perhaps they were planning to include it but couldnt for time issues or legal issues with RTW).

Gunfreak
21st Jun 2005, 13:41
sorry for spaming but i was wodering how's caffe's mod is coming, have just completed a campain, and want to tri this mod out

Inferior Being
26th Jun 2005, 11:54
Does the mod HAVE TO replace a country?