PDA

View Full Version : B L O O D

Wiltshire Tony
8th Jun 2005, 12:22
Hi

In the thread titled "Description on files that can be modified" BLOOD was mentioned.

Does anyone know if this can be turned on/off?

Cheers

Tony

mob
8th Jun 2005, 12:28
i think its already on i saw some when i played
dont know how to swich it off

Cpt.HooK
8th Jun 2005, 12:58
Aparrently the blood was turned off for the american version :D

Cpt.HooK
8th Jun 2005, 13:11
I think it was more to do with the age limit tag so they could sell it to kids.Seems very silly to me and i would be rather pissed if i was a yank good thing i ain't :)

AGENT15
8th Jun 2005, 23:10
Burn In Hell You God Damn American Ratings!

Nial
9th Jun 2005, 14:18
*chuckles* You'd like them if you had kids. :)

Webrider
10th Jun 2005, 00:13
They prolly are kids :rolleyes: but would like to know where to turn it on. Like a blood = 1 in a config file somewhere.

Nial
10th Jun 2005, 15:36
Agreed.......I too would like to see it. Must be getting bloodthirsty in my old age. :)

Captain.Crunch
21st Jun 2005, 10:55
Any Possible advances with the blood patch or mod thanks. :thumbsup:

timetraveller
21st Jun 2005, 13:38
Could one of you Europeans who have the blood version of the game please send me the-

\Imperial Glory\Effects\Effects_Batalla.sb file?

I believe blood should be identified in there and point to a .PTC file which does the blood action. If that is the case, then we can identify which .PTC file(s) are the ones.

e-mail to:

timetraveller@bellsouth.net

Thanks.

TT

Mike_B
21st Jun 2005, 14:10
Mailed it.

timetraveller
22nd Jun 2005, 01:06
No progress yet. Except it looks like blood is not defined in the Effects_Batalla.sb file.

So, all you European blood fiends, let's see a screenshot of what the USA is missing! How about it? I can't imagine it's too big a deal, is it??

Funny thing, our blood Sangre.tga image file is the same as yours. It's not red either, and it also looks just like the twood.tga file, whatever that is. twood.tga isn't referenced anywhere either.

:) :)

TT

Captain.Crunch
22nd Jun 2005, 03:13
thank you guys for some progress.... :thumbsup: anyone that can help with this please jump right into this thread! ;)

Inferior Being
22nd Jun 2005, 20:43
As far as I've experienced, the blood in this game is just a huge, red blob appearing at the soldiers' feet. Looks pretty lame when shot by a musket, but looks pretty decent when hit by a cannonball.

Anyways; allthough this may not be the right thread for this, any way for me to have the corpses not become "Darkened" somehow? Thanks.

Captain.Crunch
22nd Jun 2005, 22:48
As far as I've experienced, the blood in this game is just a huge, red blob appearing at the soldiers' feet. Looks pretty lame when shot by a musket, but looks pretty decent when hit by a cannonball.

Anyways; allthough this may not be the right thread for this, any way for me to have the corpses not become "Darkened" somehow? Thanks.

You are in the right thread its all the same thing blood and the bodies have been taken out of the U.S version its not real good :mad: but there working on it for those that should not have to put up with it..... patience is required however i wont wait forever.

Inferior Being
23rd Jun 2005, 11:58
I have visible blood, but the corpses look like they're scorched by something. All black and stuff.

Yorkie
23rd Jun 2005, 12:02
I have visible blood, but the corpses look like they're scorched by something. All black and stuff.

Dam you have powder burns... you lucky bugger :p

lol

Lord Nergal
25th Jun 2005, 20:08
Yes, I don't understand why dead soldiers have to be darkened.
But have you noticed that some of the bodies that are normal in colour have a death struggle? Cool! :)

Inferior Being
25th Jun 2005, 21:35
Precisely. I think it looks silly when the enlightened people crawl around a bit before they turn dark. They should NEVER TURN DARK! That way, it would look more like a field of bodies, some people still twitching in agony.

Inferior Being
26th Jun 2005, 11:27
I have blood. I'd just like to repeat that it doesn't look all that good. It's a huge puddle appearing right underneath the fella, disappearing milliseconds later. Unless a musket bullet cuts you in half, or blows up your insides completely, no blood at all actually looks better.

I'd also like to add that when I talk about bodies turning dark, they do not dissappear. They just, well, turn black! Like when bodies are scorched by flaming arrows and the like in R:TW.

Now; I can't quite see any reason for this. Sure enough, I do think that bodies actually disappear in my version too. At least I have found it to be a lot less corpses around at the end of a game than it should be. But that's probabaly to save data or something. Darkening corpses, however, shouldn't really save much data, now should it? :confused:

Cpt.HooK
26th Jun 2005, 19:52
You don't see much because it fades away but it does look cool when you get the fire from the 12 pounders to bounce into their infantry :)

Cro_Knight
27th Jun 2005, 06:55
wehn u load gameor multiplayer game u can see a desert map scene wit hte cannos shooting and in the backround u see blood flying and stuff

Captain.Crunch
27th Jun 2005, 11:38
wehn u load gameor multiplayer game u can see a desert map scene wit hte cannos shooting and in the backround u see blood flying and stuff

Yep that is a loading screen in the U.S version i have also... yet there is not blood in it.... bit misleading isnt it :mad:

Captain.Crunch
29th Jul 2005, 07:06
Been a long time since i participated here. Thought id come back to a solution about blood in U.S version i see no progress just about sums everything up well done :thumbsup: could have done better myself.

jaywalker2309
31st Jul 2005, 08:37
Hey there everyone.

If you've not been reading up on the GTA `age rating` fiasco, then check it out on a games news site (gamespot etc). A quick summary tho, theres something in the game that ESRB didnt know about and by enabling it changes the age rating, this is costing them millions in possible sales etc.

Its not quite as drastic for us, but adding blood WOULD change the age rating and therefore give us the same potential for problems from retailers etc.

Mike_B
31st Jul 2005, 08:58
I find it a real shame that games can be condemned because of third party mods that the publisher never intended to be used in the first place. I don't see how this changes the retail copies in the shops as they're without the mods and in the end it's the players choice wheter they want to install those "unacceptable" mods.

Basicly the ESRB and especially those so called concerned lawyers are making it really hard for the mod community and publishers that support modding.

the zwickau prophet
31st Jul 2005, 09:16
I thought the problem with the GTA game was that the game developer's eventually admitted after an investigation that they themselves had placed the 'hidden' features in the game - to be unlocked by anyone with enough knowledge how to do so. See the following BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4717139.stm

In that respect, the developer must shoulder some of the responsibility for the subsequent uproar in this particular case. While it is possible that a similar argument could occur if the developer's of IG revealed a way to unlock the blood in the US game, it seems to me that even the 'full, uncut' version of IG is hardly in the same league with respect to controversy.

As for the issue of blood, it does not bother me either way really, but I notice that IG (with blood) carries the same '12+' rating in the UK as Rome Total War (with no blood at all), so it seems the rating system itself is hardly consistent from one game to another.

jaywalker2309
31st Jul 2005, 09:34
I find it a real shame that games can be condemned because of third party mods that the publisher never intended to be used in the first place. I don't see how this changes the retail copies in the shops as they're without the mods and in the end it's the players choice wheter they want to install those "unacceptable" mods.

Basicly the ESRB and especially those so called concerned lawyers are making it really hard for the mod community and publishers that support modding.

Yeh i know silly aint it.. :(

Queeg
31st Jul 2005, 19:32

Sorry but I just don't buy that. It's not as if the adult material somehow mysteriously appeared in the game code. The designer put it there. And their protests now that it's really all just a third-party mod that is enabling it rings a bit hollow with me. They knew the code was there, knew someone would quickly crack it and hoped it would boost sales of their game. And avoid the adult rating the game would have gotten had they been honest about its true content. It backfired and I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

Captain.Crunch
4th Aug 2005, 00:08
Hey there everyone.

If you've not been reading up on the GTA `age rating` fiasco, then check it out on a games news site (gamespot etc). A quick summary tho, theres something in the game that ESRB didnt know about and by enabling it changes the age rating, this is costing them millions in possible sales etc.

Its not quite as drastic for us, but adding blood WOULD change the age rating and therefore give us the same potential for problems from retailers etc.

I have a solution line the ESRB up in front of my household cavalry. I can put my thumb down always wanted to do that.

officerpuppy
4th Aug 2005, 07:08
There is a blood mod out for the US version, you can get it here http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/index.php