PDA

View Full Version : Food problems

miserable09
8th Jun 2005, 00:01
HEllo,
Playing as England, pretty far through the game. I've noticed the amount of food i need keeps rising, though I'm not creating new units, building anything, and actually, I've been eliminating units trying to keep the cost down...

What the hell is happenening?

Gelatinous Cube
8th Jun 2005, 00:09
HEllo,
Playing as England, pretty far through the game. I've noticed the amount of food i need keeps rising, though I'm not creating new units, building anything, and actually, I've been eliminating units trying to keep the cost down...

What the hell is happenening?

England huh? At war with anyone? I had the same thing happen, until I noticed that my ships took up food too.

miserable09
8th Jun 2005, 00:13
Yes Im at war with Prussia, for a while now... I wonder if war status eats up more food or something?

Gelatinous Cube
8th Jun 2005, 02:39
Yes Im at war with Prussia, for a while now... I wonder if war status eats up more food or something?

Putting troops on enemy soil takes up more food. Putting troops in an enemy capital takes ALOT more food. And putting troops on ships takes up more food. It everything is staying in your territory then it shouldn't go up though.

Queeg
8th Jun 2005, 03:08
It everything is staying in your territory then it shouldn't go up though.

Unless you're building more troops and filling up your barracks so you have to move some outside. Any unit not garrisoned in a barracks costs food.

Gelatinous Cube
8th Jun 2005, 04:34
Unless you're building more troops and filling up your barracks so you have to move some outside. Any unit not garrisoned in a barracks costs food.

Yeah, that goes without saying. He said he wasn't building new units though.

mob
8th Jun 2005, 08:35
poulation rise?
it was the start of the industrial revolution stage one so people were having like 15,16 kids and none of them died(very few)
birth rates shot up and death rates fell
if thats not the reason dunno what is

Gelatinous Cube
8th Jun 2005, 10:22
poulation rise?
it was the start of the industrial revolution stage one so people were having like 15,16 kids and none of them died(very few)
birth rates shot up and death rates fell
if thats not the reason dunno what is

... that's not reflected in the game.

mob
8th Jun 2005, 12:20
well that pretty much made the whole era
without that it would have changed everything

Cpt.HooK
8th Jun 2005, 13:04
When troops and ships are in dock/barracks they use no food at all (or very little).Keep your troops and ships at home during peace time to build up huge food reserves :)

Element-UK
8th Jun 2005, 14:09
If your maxed out at 400 only, it means a lack of Food Wharehouses ! Build at least 1 or 2.

PrinceMyshkin
9th Jun 2005, 03:24
why are you raising alot of troops as GB? just tech up peaceful annex stuff and schools.

peacefully annex Spain and Portugal, but do spain 1st! if you don't, France has a good chance of nicking it. (THEY will provide be your "continental army)

as was said, keep your troops IN the barracks. build up your agro.

get your trade routes going so you can win alot of quests. one of them gives you 2 marshalls w/armies.

with your sloops, you'll be way ahead of everyone else. just put 1 in each sea and any extra around the British Isles, keep in port.

(Spain and Portugal will also provide you with at least half a dozen sloops, so don't over build)