PDA

View Full Version : Help requested.

sick
7th Jun 2005, 15:58
Alright, I have a nasty prob with my computer: it freezes every 10 seconds for 2 minutes or so; it's impossible to work with.

When did it happen? Well, after I installed Imperial Glory (published by Eidos.) The thing I'm sure why it's not the game itself is because I also have a preview build of the game (yes, yes, legal :p) which works perfectly fine and doesn't give any problems.

After I installed the full game and tried to launch it, that SECUROM C**P (:mad: @ Eidos) said I had to put the original disc in the dvd-rom drive. I tried several things hoping to fix this, but all turned out negative. Eventually I had to restart, and after that, it wouldn't functionate as normal anymore (clarified above.)

Any suggestions? I already wanted to format my pc so that's an option, but before I do that I need to know if it's possible to save all messages in MS Outlook. Or could reinstalling XP possibly do the trick (but can I then still access all my files after I created a new XP account? I ever heard someone couldn't anymore...)

@ Eidos: get rid of that worthless piece of SecuROM, it doesn't only give unhappy pirates (which is good) but many many many unhappy customers as well. As long as you keep protecting your games with it, you won't get my 50 bucks, never ever. Invest your money in something better, and stop working with those n00bish SecuROM devs.

Mike_B
7th Jun 2005, 16:06
Tsss wrong forum ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51062

btw maybe it could be a conflict because of the preview version which left some securom files on your pc. Have a look in the register for that.

jaywalker2309
7th Jun 2005, 16:10
Alright, I have a nasty prob with my computer: it freezes every 10 seconds for 2 minutes or so; it's impossible to work with.

When did it happen? Well, after I installed Imperial Glory (published by Eidos.) The thing I'm sure why it's not the game itself is because I also have a preview build of the game (yes, yes, legal :p) which works perfectly fine and doesn't give any problems.

After I installed the full game and tried to launch it, that SECUROM C**P (:mad: @ Eidos) said I had to put the original disc in the dvd-rom drive. I tried several things hoping to fix this, but all turned out negative. Eventually I had to restart, and after that, it wouldn't functionate as normal anymore (clarified above.)

Any suggestions? I already wanted to format my pc so that's an option, but before I do that I need to know if it's possible to save all messages in MS Outlook. Or could reinstalling XP possibly do the trick (but can I then still access all my files after I created a new XP account? I ever heard someone couldn't anymore...)

@ Eidos: get rid of that worthless piece of SecuROM, it doesn't only give unhappy pirates (which is good) but many many many unhappy customers as well. As long as you keep protecting your games with it, you won't get my 50 bucks, never ever. Invest your money in something better, and stop working with those n00bish SecuROM devs.

Have you followed my instructions on this topic?

As for `noobish` i think you'll find they are by far the most proficient of the protection companies.. You will never have a company NOT protect their games. Mail me your analysis log and i know for a fact i'll get the game working fine for you..

sick
7th Jun 2005, 17:55
Yeah, I've followed your instructions jaycw, but with no luck (I read your e-mail btw.)

And @m, I posted it in the community chat because it's not only that the game gives problems, but my computer got a useless piece of metal. And since there are some tech peeps hanging around there I thaught it was better to post it there. Belg. :p

Driber
8th Jun 2005, 08:50

it's always possible to save your outlook data

if you just want to save your emails, it's simple
but think about the fact that with a complete format you will also loose your bookmarks, possibly your addressbook and many more things if you don't back those up

for Outlook, check your windows folder for a .pst file. that should contain all the emails (check the size to see if it corresponds with the amount of emails you have)
you could try copying the pst file to another drive/partition/burn it and then renaming the original .pst file. then load Outlook and if all your emails are gone, you'll know you found the right file
I don't use Outlook anymore myself, so I'm not quite sure if the .pst file also contains the addressbook.

in case you're using Outlook Express, go to options > maintenance > store folder. here you will see where your email data is being stored.
for the OE addressbook, look for a file with .wab extension and back that up

jaywalker2309
8th Jun 2005, 10:18
Yeah, I've followed your instructions jaycw, but with no luck (I read your e-mail btw.)

And @m, I posted it in the community chat because it's not only that the game gives problems, but my computer got a useless piece of metal. And since there are some tech peeps hanging around there I thaught it was better to post it there. Belg. :p

did you mail in your analysis file?

sick
9th Jun 2005, 20:04
Not yet, jaycw. I will first format my pc and then check if I still get this error.

Driber, many thanks. Got all e-mails backed up and now backing up more files on my computer. I should be back in business soon. :D