PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive takeover?

shendath
7th Jun 2005, 10:50
Hi guys,

I gotta say, im enjoying the game, im playing as france, and almost immedatly took war to briton, after years of fighting i have annexed the capitol, but all it has done is place red flags in all the britons provinces??

I cant build anywhere there?? Ive just gone into the second era, and really have only been concetrating on this, as diplomacy isnt my usual play style.

also how can you boost population?? other than the hospitals?? seems to always drag me down.

i have a huge problem with the manual not being informative enough, would you agree?

is there any known bugs?? like REALLY big ones? the reason i ask, all my commanders were upgraded, and i have a military upgrade that brings them to the next level, yet there is no option to train them, only as capitans?

really....really lost!

Thecrisis5
7th Jun 2005, 21:56
You need the next level of barracks to recruit the officers at the level they were upgraded to. And this has been discussed many times, you cannont annex empies like you can smaller countries. You dont profit from there land, you just eliminate them from the game.

shendath
8th Jun 2005, 03:45
sorry i did a search and couldnt find anything relating to what i asked

and i have upgraded the barracks, for a while i was training colonels BUT....then all of a sudden it went back to captains, and ive done nothing to warrant it. im playing autocratic french.

so taking briton down early was a waste of time, should have gone for spain???? is that the thoughts?

bodkinhead
8th Jun 2005, 04:13
You need the next level of barracks to recruit the officers at the level they were upgraded to. And this has been discussed many times, you cannont annex empies like you can smaller countries. You dont profit from there land, you just eliminate them from the game.

Then why can I build sawmills, hospitals etc in Brittany which I took from France or are you talking about the capital only.

I cant build anywhere there?? Ive just gone into the second era, and really have only been concetrating on this, as diplomacy isnt my usual play style.

are you sure it's fully annexed? sorry don't know. Other than before you annex
the capital any regions belonging to that empire must be annexed to if you want to have control of them when the empire falls.

Queeg
8th Jun 2005, 04:14
First, you cannot annex the capitals of other major powers. You can only occupy them. That's why you can't build anything there.

You can annex minor nations, either peacefully or by conquest, and then build in them as you wish.

Second, you can boost population a number of ways. Conquering new territory for one. Hospitals also help. Population is the scarcest resource throughout the game.

Third, you create higher ranking officers by building the appropriate barracks. The descriptions of the buildings in the game tell you what each does.

Finally, read the pdf manual on the game CD/DVD. It's very informative.

Nial
8th Jun 2005, 17:03
Hmm, seems I've said this before. You can annex empire provinces if you make peace with that empire while your troops are occuping said province.

But you can never annex the empires capitol province.