PDA

View Full Version : a Few questions and comments after playing

diablus
7th Jun 2005, 01:04
The game is great, I love it but I have a few questions.

First off Im late in the campaign game (up to 1827 out of 1830) and im wondering why Resistant cells are so damn expensive? Sure im making an insane amount of currency,raw materials, population, etc at this period but the money isnt worth the investment, besides all it did was increase that nations wins in battles thus increasing their glory points. So basically I lose alot of currency, AND the race for the most glory :confused:

Shouldn't the cost be lowered or something?

and i noticed when units are in box formations when infantry run into the defense some die in the front, others topple over and it looks VERY cool, except: about half that unit runs through the box formation and stops N the middle of it, then runs back out while the infantry in the box formation sit there while theres enemy infantry inside the box formation clipping through loosely, then running back out, so there's no fighting. it looks very silly. Also why do the infantry facing different directions fire at a charging / retreating enemy, yet they kill enemy units. SO it looks like there firing magic bullets that find their way to the enemy! (for example, the enemy is charging from the north, yet the infantry in the box formation facing south fire at nothing while facing south and end firing at nothing lol)

and also I have a sueggestion (that has possilby been suggested awhile ago) Why not have floating bodies and pieces of wood / barrels over an area where a boat sunk, just for eye candy. Nothing too crazy, if a ship floats over it its not like the physics move them or anything.

Anyway those are my ques. / comments, the game is great hope the next patch fixes alot of these visual bugs as well as general bugs. :cool: (hopefully the models of crewmen on a ship still alive that claims to have 0 on board) Thanks for reading

Queeg
7th Jun 2005, 02:41
Building a resistance cell in a province that is heavily garrisoned is a waste of money. Try to pick a province that the AI isn't paying attention to. For example, in my campaign as Great Britain, I waited until France got bogged down in a long war with Russia. I waited until France moved all her troops from Spain to go off to Russia and then sponsored a resistance cell in Spain.

jfabozzi
8th Jun 2005, 16:49
I just have a couple of questions:

How long has it taken you guys to get to the Third Era, I am in 1820-something and I just started the third era, is that really accurate? I feel like by the time I win it will by 1955.

Also, I was wondering how research points work. Is it the more research points I have the faster I can research new technologies?

Any help would be appreciated.

Nial
8th Jun 2005, 17:14
I just have a couple of questions:

How long has it taken you guys to get to the Third Era, I am in 1820-something and I just started the third era, is that really accurate? I feel like by the time I win it will by 1955.

Also, I was wondering how research points work. Is it the more research points I have the faster I can research new technologies?

Any help would be appreciated.

Im usually in the third Era by 1807-11.

Yes

Cpt.HooK
8th Jun 2005, 18:01
About mid way thru the second era i completed lots of quests this increased my reseach output and i also got 3 free advances from a different quest early on in 3rd era.The quests help alot!!!

Edit:Building schools will help increase output of the province ;)

Queeg
8th Jun 2005, 20:42
It also depends greatly on who you are playing. Great Britain has a huge research advantage and will always progress faster than the other nations.