PDA

View Full Version : Taking Over Austria?

xUNSTOPPABLEx
6th Jun 2005, 23:30
At the moment i'm at the start of 3rd era with Russia and i've took over the capital city of austria but it seems that i cant build anything... and i have to keep army on it all the time :( isnt there a way so i can make them part of my empire?

:confused:

Yorkie
7th Jun 2005, 00:08
At the moment i'm at the start of 3rd era with Russia and i've took over the capital city of austria but it seems that i cant build anything... and i have to keep army on it all the time :( isnt there a way so i can make them part of my empire?

no sorry you cant annex a empire but you can elimnate em from the game by keeping your troops there.

Element-UK
7th Jun 2005, 00:18
Plus a mere 1 captain and single unit will be enough to leave there. Have not had a rebellion yet with just the 1 unit in their Capital.

xUNSTOPPABLEx
7th Jun 2005, 00:30
ok thx a lot for the help :) and for the advise.

Sithaka
7th Jun 2005, 00:45

I do think it would be possible to annex the surrounding lands around austria though. Allthough I havent tried it myself yet, but I think capturing those lands than making peace would make them yours.
Atleast thats what Poland did with my Galicia (didnt know it would work that way) :/.

davechoo
7th Jun 2005, 02:10
I do think it would be possible to annex the surrounding lands around austria though. Allthough I havent tried it myself yet, but I think capturing those lands than making peace would make them yours.
Atleast thats what Poland did with my Galicia (didnt know it would work that way) :/.

No it doesn't work. You can annex small country but cannot annex superpower empire.

Sithaka
7th Jun 2005, 02:22
No it doesn't work. You can annex small country but cannot annex superpower empire.
well at the moment galicia (which is a part of austria) is in Russian hands and bretagne is in english hands and it isnt with the subjugation flag, so Im assuming they are actually getting resources from those parts.
Also the manual (the pdf one) says you can annex the satellite territories can be annex of superpower empies, it just didnt say how. The way I described could work, but I will know for sure when it comes time for me to actually attack one of the superpowers own lands and then make peace before taking the capitals territory.

Nial
7th Jun 2005, 14:37
Yes, you can annex Empire provinces. Just not the capital province.