PDA

View Full Version : Discription on files that can be modified .. P1

Yorkie
28th May 2005, 13:30
Rite, as the title suggests here is a break down of the files that can be modified to your hearts content. And how to get em ..

Make sure you back up any files you play with

Myself will not and cannot be held responsible for computer hangs or such like as a result of this data.

Eidos and pyro will not beable to offer tech support or any gaurantee

1. Extract "data.pak" to wherever you want using Winrar.

2. You should have a folder called "data".

3. Open the "data" folder and cut and paste every folder in there to "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory".

4. Delete the "data" folder.

5. Extract "text.pak" to wherever you want using Winrar.

6. You should have a folder called "text".

7. Open the text folder and cut and paste the "texto" folder to "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory"

8. Delete the "Text" folder.

9. Rename the "data.pak" file to "data.pak.bak"

10. Rename the "Text.pak" file to "Text.pak.bak"

11. You should now have the following in your "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory" folder:

Audio folder
Effects folder
Engine folder
Fonts folder
Game folder
Models folder
Teclas folder
texto folder
Textures folder
Video folder

Binkw32.dll
Config.sb
data.pak.bak
Game.sb
Imperial Glory Manual.pdf
ImperialGlory.exe
Ogg.dll
readme.rtf
Text.pak.bak
Vorbis.dll

To revert to the default installation, delete:

Effects folder
Engine folder
Fonts folder
Game folder
Models folder
Teclas folder
texto folder
Textures folder

And rename "data.pak.bak" to "data.pak" and "Text.pak.bak" to "Text.pak"

Cheers benji (gotta love cut and paste) :)

You can edit .sb Files using notepad etc..

If your spanish and my translations are incorrect feel free to send me grief :confused:

Yorkie
28th May 2005, 13:47
file root - Game/Gamemode/gestion/comercio - DefComercio.sb

This file deals with trade based income. Modifying this file can make it eaier to gain cash or make it harder depending on what you want :) .

The First 3 values represent the percentage gained from Interior trade.
so modifying these values will effect what income you generate from your own lands.

The Second set of values represent the percentage gained from forigen land based trade.
Each level represents what building lvl is required, so the value represented by 33 means that you get a 33% trade profit. Do not exceed 100

The Third set of numbers represent the percentage gained from forigen sea base trade.
again this works in the same way as landbased trade

The forth set of numbers Impuestos Tax deals with the modifiers when you build the two required buildings .

Yorkie
28th May 2005, 14:22
file root - Game\gamemode\gestion\IA - and the the country you wnt to edit

This file deals with how the AI acts on the campaign map. From Building armies to diplomatic uses.

The First set of 4 numbers deal with the AI perference as a whole .
sry lost my notes regarding this part but will editied shorty

Temeridad - meaing reckless act , Tbh i dont know how this effects the AI apart form less suicidel attacks on the campaign map ..

Modificatador_Anexion_Easy - This seams to deal with how easy it is to annex a province increaseing the value will make it harder .

Umbral_Hostilidad_Declaracion_Guerra - The threshold of hostilities to declare war.

If you increase the number from 25 - x the AI will more likley declare war on you if your sympathy is x with that country. However if you are alot stronger than the country he wont do it alone but my form a coalition instead.

Preferencia_Construccion - the total valuse must add up to 1
These numbers deal with the priority the AI give to each group as a whole.

Edificios - buildings
Batallones - Troops
Barcos - Ships

eg:- Edificios .60
Batallones .30
Barcos .10

total value = 1.0

Preferencia_Investigaction - Again the total values must add upto 1
These values deal with the priority the AI give on the tech tree.

Porcentage_rama_Comercial - percentage of comercial branch
--------"--------_Politica - percentage of political branch
--------"--------_Militar - percentage of military branch
--------"--------_Recursos - percentage of resorces branch

Preferencia_Batallones
This list deals with the prefernce the AI give when constructing it armies . setting a value to 0 and thge Ai will not build that unit, setting it higher will increace the priority.
do not exceed a value of 2.0

ill post a full list of translated units asap..

Preferencia_Barcos deals with the AI prefernce when it comes to constructing his navies .

Corbeta - sloop
Frigata - Frigate
Navio - S.O.L "Ship Of the Line" :)

Again the total value must add upto 1

The rest of the file deals with the AI prefernce to goverment types ..

Yorkie
28th May 2005, 14:27
file root - Teclas /standard

The keys are easy to understand so i wont bore you with em :rolleyes:

Yorkie
28th May 2005, 14:32
Possible way of slowing down troop movement on the battle map.
Possible way of limiting the amount of Melee that the AI will engage

Increacing the amount of Generals a province can hold
Increacing the amount of Ships a area can hold
Xp stats for units and Generals

Quest tweaking - and rewards
Building productivity

and many more.

I would have done more but when i picked up a T.V mag and started seeing spanish i thought i better have a wee break :eek:

(type name here)
28th May 2005, 14:46
THank You!!! :D

wolfetone
28th May 2005, 16:25
I did a good bit of modding last night (as far as general game rules, etc. and altered such things as:
1. peaceful annexation...made it less likely that neutrals were gobbled up with peaceful annexation. They actually had time to build up armies and you actually (even the computer players) had to militarily annex them. Helps too so if you decide to free a nation it doesn't get peacefully annexed by your opponent two turns later. (I also toned down the benefits of building consulates, etc. To me building a consulate, etc. should give you certain minor benefits but not huge boosts in relation scores.

2. number of commanders (with troops) allowed in a province at the same time.

3. number of ships allowed in a sea zone.

4. Number of troops you may bring in as reinforcements.

5. Max number of players in an alliance, treaty turn length

I figured out how to tune a lot of othjer things and I'm working on notes about what and where everything is located. I'll post it up when I finish.

Queeg
28th May 2005, 18:08
Has anyone found a way to tweak the effectivenenss of weapons? I've come to the conclusion that movement speed really isn't a problem once you get used to it. Rather, it's the fact that combat is so quick - units getting wiped out in three or four volleys and melee combat lasting maybe 20 seconds. I'm wondering if perhaps making weapons less lethal across the board would slow combat time down a bit and improve the ability of the player to react.

Nahirean
28th May 2005, 19:10
Has anyone found a way to tweak the effectivenenss of weapons? I've come to the conclusion that movement speed really isn't a problem once you get used to it. Rather, it's the fact that combat is so quick - units getting wiped out in three or four volleys and melee combat lasting maybe 20 seconds. I'm wondering if perhaps making weapons less lethal across the board would slow combat time down a bit and improve the ability of the player to react.

Queeg,

That's what I want too. Unit stats. I do not think they are in the .sb files, which makes me furious. It's the most retarded design I've ever seen. Virtually everything else in the game can be modded ASIDE from unit stats. Ridiculous!

Coto
28th May 2005, 19:50
how do you Increase the amount of Generals a province can hold? that's all I want to know :o

eastcoasthandle
28th May 2005, 21:34
You can increase the height of the camera on the battlefield and map by editing files in:
data.pak\Game\GameModes\Batalla\camera.sb (battlefield)
data.pak\Game\GameModes\Gestion\camera.sb (Map)

within the camera.sb file you will find
# altura de la camara
.ZOOM_BASE_HEIGHT 3200.0 # altura inicial de la camara, con zoom = 0
.ZOOM_VAR_HEIGHT 2500.0 # variacion de altura por nivel de zoom
.MIN_HEIGHT 700.0 # altura minima absoluta

# distancia al target
.ZOOM_BASE_TARGET_DIST 3000.0 # distancia al target con zoom = 0 (cm)
.ZOOM_VAR_TARGET_DIST 2000.0 # variacion de la distancia al target por nivel de zoom

In the sub directory for data.pak\Game\GameModes\Batalla\camera.sb (battlefield) the camera.sb file has this command at the bottom of the page:
ENABLE_ROTATION TRUE
If you switch it to FALSE you will not rotate the camera view in battle.

You want to increase zoom base height and zoom base target dist. If anyone else notices a better way let us know.

Kaizer
28th May 2005, 22:48
Nice mates all the info u gave for modding..........many thanks :)

But I have two questions before I start palying with all the above things.

1) Any idea on how to unlock the other CIVs/ Coutries ?
2) Any idea on how to import a new country inside the game ?

Regards
Kaizer

Gelatinous Cube
28th May 2005, 23:33
Blood! Find out where the blood is!

eastcoasthandle
29th May 2005, 17:48
Has anyone tried to leave the file compressed and let winrar add changes in the .sb files by saving it in notepad? It works for me but it didn't start doing it until a day later.

Kidshocker
29th May 2005, 20:20
I did a good bit of modding last night (as far as general game rules, etc. and altered such things as:
1. peaceful annexation...made it less likely that neutrals were gobbled up with peaceful annexation. They actually had time to build up armies and you actually (even the computer players) had to militarily annex them. Helps too so if you decide to free a nation it doesn't get peacefully annexed by your opponent two turns later. (I also toned down the benefits of building consulates, etc. To me building a consulate, etc. should give you certain minor benefits but not huge boosts in relation scores.

I soooo want to be able to do this, but I have no clue where to find it. Curse me for taking French instead of Spanish! Je ne parle pas Espanol!

Kidshocker
29th May 2005, 20:31
Well, now that I look at it, learning Spanish isn't that hard :P. I've been able to turn down the added diplomatic relationship thingie when you build consulates and other political buildings, but is that all you can do to stop peaceful annexations?

eastcoasthandle
30th May 2005, 15:54
Jawbreaker found some interesting commands
ctrl+alt+h=hold position/ground
ctrl+alt+o=defensive attitude with selected unit/units
ctrl+alt+p=agressive attitude with selected unit/units

Perplexed
30th May 2005, 23:20
I've opened the SB files with wordpad and i can see and edit everything, but how do i save it as an SB file? Any suggestions, is there some other program i can use to save the edited files? :confused:

AOD-Bradford
31st May 2005, 13:12
I've opened the SB files with wordpad and i can see and edit everything, but how do i save it as an SB file? Any suggestions, is there some other program i can use to save the edited files? :confused:

Don't try to save the file.

once you have finished your editing, clik the Close icon (red cross, top right.)

Windows will ask you if you want to save the changes, simply clik Yes and there you go.

Regards as always,
:cool:

wolfetone
31st May 2005, 17:53
I posted the other day about some modding that I did in re: diplo-annex, max. troops in a province, "fleets", etc. A few issues are a little buggy. For example, I managed to allow the player to have more than the 3 commanders w/troops in a province. However, they don't show up correctly on the menu.. (too many troops to fit on the "stats" menu. As for ships, I managed to open up the number of ships in a province and the ability to "drop ships" into a "fleet". However, they too face the same issue in the stats menu and in the case of ships that you "drop" into a "fleet"... the only way to get them out is to put the ship into port or "drop them onto another "fleet" in the same province (transferring). As for diplo-annex, I slowed it down at ffirst (lowering the modifiers for building consulates, etc.) but soon found the diplo-annex spree back in full force. I guess that needs some work b/c I truly hate the game devolving into a diplo-annex spree. Interesting though, in a few games Moldovia, Sweden etc. actually took the initiative against weakened enemies that I was fighting and invaded them. And with large armies, secure borders and no attackers, they ended up giving away everything three turns later to Russia or someone else.... NOT NOT NOT realistic. :(

They only thing that has gone right without a hitch is modifying the amount of resources you can have. I'm a t work now and don't have my notes with me but if you look into game/gamemode/gestion (not sure of the spelling)/Rules (Reglas?)/Reglasgenerales (again, I believe this is the path..I'll verify it when I get home) In the file you will find the various govt's listed... monarchy, pre-revolution, etc. (near the bottom of the file) and 99999 for gold etc. I changed each one (for the govt's I wanted to)to 999999 and it seemed to work fine. However, if you change it for a type of govt' them every player (human and computer) can do the same thing ... or so I'd think. So, I don't know how this will effect game balancing, etc.

Anyhoo, I'll post the exact file this evening.

Perplexed
31st May 2005, 22:38
I tried that, when i clicked yes the file save window came up anyway.

kidmany
1st Jun 2005, 20:53
I tried that, when i clicked yes the file save window came up anyway.

Just uncheck the "Read Only" box in the old file's property and you should be able to save now.

Perplexed
2nd Jun 2005, 00:48
Thank you, it works now. :)

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:48
Part 2 , mainly deals with genreal game rules, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51278

nice one wolfetone, another way of stopping diplomatic-anexation spree is to take it off completely. Or by putting a negative number beside the consolate building in the file.

(type name here)
2nd Jun 2005, 20:46
As for diplo-annex, I slowed it down at ffirst (lowering the modifiers for building consulates, etc.) but soon found the diplo-annex spree back in full force. I guess that needs some work b/c I truly hate the game devolving into a diplo-annex spree. Interesting though, in a few games Moldovia, Sweden etc. actually took the initiative against weakened enemies that I was fighting and invaded them. And with large armies, secure borders and no attackers, they ended up giving away everything three turns later to Russia or someone else.... NOT NOT NOT realistic. :(

How/where did you do this??? :eek:

(type name here)
2nd Jun 2005, 20:55
And does anyone know WHERE to modify the starting army!!!

wolfetone
2nd Jun 2005, 21:05
How did you "turn" it off completely? Again, I seemed to slow it down for awhile but it picked up again later in the game. :(

By the way, good work!

(type name here)
2nd Jun 2005, 21:11
YEAH! I bought this game for war, not diplomacy!

Yorkie
3rd Jun 2005, 14:31
And does anyone know WHERE to modify the starting army!!!

The starting army can be modified in the DT file in the main dir. (i dont have a program able to edit it though :( )

But i do know how to edit the starting naval fleets :)

Ill be posting that and the building modifiers in P3 :)

How did you "turn" it off completely? Again, I seemed to slow it down for awhile but it picked up again later in the game. :(

By the way, good work!

Theres a file (can remember which one but ill let you know asap that allows you to "turn" off the peacfull annexation part. But If they perform acts of good ie release p.o.w`s and such like that have a high sympathy bonus the country wil still be annexed when it reaches 100)

A way of getting around this is to lower all Sympathy bonus`s. you can do this by looking at http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51278

wolfetone
4th Jun 2005, 08:12
:confused: You know, I'm going to vent for one sec.... I have totally lost my patience with the peaceful annexation thing. Some may like it but I don't...not one single bit. If it was a rare occurrence I might understand but the way it is.... TOTALLY UNREALISTIC... more that that... it just ticks me off. You know, I thought I had it fixed and next game I play, it starts all over again.

ptan54
4th Jun 2005, 08:22
Where would one modify the range of artillery and the melee/range attack values of each unit? I plan to slash militia by quite a bit....and improve artillery range - X2 for the 12 pounders. Ridiculous that I have to move the bloody cannons so close to Hougoumont before they start firing, especially after comparison with Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle.

Yorkie
4th Jun 2005, 13:59
All unit stats are in the .dt file in the main dir.

Queeg
4th Jun 2005, 16:04
Where would one modify the range of artillery and the melee/range attack values of each unit? I plan to slash militia by quite a bit....and improve artillery range - X2 for the 12 pounders. Ridiculous that I have to move the bloody cannons so close to Hougoumont before they start firing, especially after comparison with Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle.

I wonder if increasing the defense values for the units across the board would make them survive longer, thus slowing combat down a bit?

Nahirean
4th Jun 2005, 18:44
All unit stats are in the .dt file in the main dir.

How do you know this?

Yorkie
5th Jun 2005, 00:07
How do you know this?

came across a referance to it when i was brousing through files and translated em .

Nahirean
5th Jun 2005, 00:30
came across a referance to it when i was brousing through files and translated em .

How do you modify the file, and can you elaborate on the reference?

Yorkie
5th Jun 2005, 00:47
i dont have a program that allows me to edit it , but im looking into it as i write this. Been put on nites so got alll the time in the world :)

i canna remember which file made a ref to it as the game is at home .. but i think it was in the main dir if i recall correctly.

Nahirean
5th Jun 2005, 00:50
i dont have a program that allows me to edit it , but im looking into it as i write this. Been put on nites so got alll the time in the world :)

i canna remember which file made a ref to it as the game is at home .. but i think it was in the main dir if i recall correctly.

I cannot figure out what the .dt file actually is. It cant be hex'd, it's not a mac .dt.

Yorkie
5th Jun 2005, 00:53
true it ante a pure mac dt file thats for sure. You been tweaking the files too?

Nahirean
5th Jun 2005, 01:40
true it ante a pure mac dt file thats for sure. You been tweaking the files too?

Sure have. I've explored every single modifiable file there is looking for unit stats. I want to mod the game to my favor, but I cannot figure out how to do it. We need someone to analyze the .dt files to determine: 1) What they are and 2) How to open/modify them.

Yorkie
5th Jun 2005, 01:52
yeah, ive sent a email out asking about a prog to edit the dt file and the mng file (where the ref to units stats is) but got no reply as yet.

Hopefully they will let me know shortly :)

PTX
5th Jun 2005, 20:27
hello, which and where this the file that includes the costs of the troops, buildings and technologies?, thank you :confused:

Yorkie
5th Jun 2005, 21:53
hello, which and where this the file that includes the costs of the troops, buildings and technologies?, thank you :confused:

C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes - ModeloCombate.dt