PDA

View Full Version : ROSETTA STONE ? How just exactly plz

Element-UK
6th Jun 2005, 17:38
I have had 3 light troops in the same and different Acadamies stored, I have had two more selected to be built and the same with the Sloops. What exactly IS the Armies Screen ? Has it another name ? ANyone else completed this quest ?

Benj
6th Jun 2005, 17:50
You need to put the troops in the ships in the academy/port in Egypt. Then click the armies button on the descripton on the quest screen. On the right hand side scroll down to Egypt and put ticks by the units.

Longstreet63
6th Jun 2005, 17:57
You don't have to put them in Egypt. Just select any three light infantry in depot, and two sloops in harbor and then collect.

Cpt.HooK
6th Jun 2005, 18:04
Yeah all you need is a trade route to Egypt took me a while to expand my trade links that far from England.

Element-UK
7th Jun 2005, 00:24
Got the Trade route to Egypt...as Great Britain ! nice unstoppable Navy as expected. Enemies just won't stop building crappy Sloops. I'll give it a whirl thanks...PS Put the Light troops onboard right ? all 3 of them on the sloops....

Sithaka
7th Jun 2005, 00:49
Got the Trade route to Egypt...as Great Britain ! nice unstoppable Navy as expected. Enemies just won't stop building crappy Sloops. I'll give it a whirl thanks...PS Put the Light troops onboard right ? all 3 of them on the sloops....
no just have 3 light troops in an academy (garrison) somewhere (they can also be in 3 different garrisons).

Element-UK
7th Jun 2005, 14:14
It cant be just build 3 light troops because I have done that with no tick/check on the quest screen. So IS the putting of those troops on a ship a requirement ? I'll try it anyways.

Element-UK
10th Jun 2005, 15:49
Tried all the suggestions and still no luck with this seemingly 'worded wrong' quest. I have 3 light troops garrisoned in Batavia, 2 Sloops at Port in Batavia. No tick's.checks. I have tried Boarding the troops but then you cant have the Sloop in Port or the troops garrisoned. Am I missing how to Select more than 1 unit at a time ?

Queeg
10th Jun 2005, 15:55
Are you selecting the units via the button on the bottom right (?) of the Rosetta Stone quest panel? There's a button on the quest panel that opens your army list. (It looks like, but is different from the army selection button on the main interface.) That's how you select the units for the quest.

Nial
10th Jun 2005, 15:57
I was in this quandry at first as well. You select the ships and inf. from the quest screen. When you click on the Rossetta Stone quest tab? There is an army button in the lower right corner. Click on this and it will take you to a screen that will allow you to view and select armies and ships from all your barracks and ship yards. Cheers. :)

Dravin
10th Jun 2005, 16:06
http://dravin.crackmonkey.us/quest.JPG

That is the button they are talking about.

Element-UK
10th Jun 2005, 17:57
RIGHT ! thankyou for the 'Definitive' replies. At last it's cleared up.

ellof
15th Jun 2006, 16:00
That is the button they are talking about.

Hi all, i'm new :)

i have problem with this quest.
I selected the Armies Screen, but i can't select the Light Fantry, only the ships that are in the Venice's port.
Infantry units are in the accademy. But they're all grey. How can i select them?

p.s.
I am Austria and i have a trade rout with Egypt, because i have conquered Venice...

Greats

ellof
16th Jun 2006, 14:22
nobody can help me? :mad2:

ellof
17th Jun 2006, 15:43
No ok i have resolved