PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution - Problem

conio
6th Jun 2005, 16:54
Hi guys (and girls...)

I'm new here and I already have a small problem.

The other day I downloaded the Demo and started playing with it. I must say that what I saw I liked. HOWEVER:

I then decided to change the display resolution. I was testing the game on my laptop, which as a resolution of 1280x800. I then changed the game resolution to 1280x1024. I wanted to see what would happen (I was expecting the screen to be streched or compressed). But what then happened was that my laptop screen could not display the bottom third of the screen !

O.K. I said, no problem. I'll change the resolution back. The problem is that altough I can get into the options menu, and I can change the resolution, I cannot see the "OK" button, so I cannot actually apply the changes !

I have tried uninstalling the demo and reinstalling it, but the screen resolution remains the same.

So: what can I do to fix this? I see various options: 1. Run the game in a window (I have seen that someone asked about this, but the answers there do not help me) 2. Find a keyboar shortcut which allows me to activate the o.k. button on the settings menu or 3. find a way to really remove all game components from my laptop so I can install the demo again.

Now why do I make a big fuss about his? because I fear that if I buy the game and install it I will not be able to play it !!

Can anyone please give me a hand with this?

Thanks a lot

jaywalker2309
6th Jun 2005, 17:34
Hi guys (and girls...)

I'm new here and I already have a small problem.

The other day I downloaded the Demo and started playing with it. I must say that what I saw I liked. HOWEVER:

I then decided to change the display resolution. I was testing the game on my laptop, which as a resolution of 1280x800. I then changed the game resolution to 1280x1024. I wanted to see what would happen (I was expecting the screen to be streched or compressed). But what then happened was that my laptop screen could not display the bottom third of the screen !

O.K. I said, no problem. I'll change the resolution back. The problem is that altough I can get into the options menu, and I can change the resolution, I cannot see the "OK" button, so I cannot actually apply the changes !

I have tried uninstalling the demo and reinstalling it, but the screen resolution remains the same.

So: what can I do to fix this? I see various options: 1. Run the game in a window (I have seen that someone asked about this, but the answers there do not help me) 2. Find a keyboar shortcut which allows me to activate the o.k. button on the settings menu or 3. find a way to really remove all game components from my laptop so I can install the demo again.

Now why do I make a big fuss about his? because I fear that if I buy the game and install it I will not be able to play it !!

Can anyone please give me a hand with this?

Thanks a lot

Not sure if its same for demo, but run regedit, and go to

My Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Pyro Studios/Imperial Glory/Game/Config/Video

Can either edit the 2 lines which talk about resolution, or easiest just delete the entry for imperial glory on the left hand side

conio
7th Jun 2005, 08:48
That helped a lot. I wonder if I could use the regedit to actually change the aspect ratio to that of my screen, I might give it a try.

In any case, thanks for the help.