PDA

View Full Version : Design Flaws

BANANAMAN
5th Jun 2005, 12:31
Well, I just played the CivilWar BullRun demo and 1 soldier ingame represents 10 soldiers in reality. So, 30 soldiers ingame are 300 soldiers in reality.

The game is about the very first CivilWar battle: the battle of BullRun and that's about it, because it was made by 2 programers, 2 artists & about 4 testers in about 2 years time. But the battle is very large and large scaled and its group formations have no hold/stand ground option at all but when you leave a group formation on its own and you are busy with other group formations the group formation which is left behind not taken care for takes care of itself by reacting on approaching enemy formations by wheeling towards it but your formation(s) NEVER and I repeat: NEVER EVER leave their standing ground. They ONLY leave their standing ground when you gave them the order to do so. Pyro Studios! Please learn from this CivilWar BullRun game design!

Pyro Studios should make a patch AND when before selling new Imperial Glory copies to the stores improve the fresh stock of Imperial Glory copies so that at least buyers in the near future do not have to patch at all.

Pyro Studios should stop to be stubborn and improve their pc game Imperial Glory by:

* adding cannons with more range and slower fire rate.
* adding a GAME-SPEED SLIDER so that gamers can CHOOSE the game-speed to their likings, because you have some gamers like it fast and some gamers like it slow and some gamers like it somewhere there in between.
* adding a HOLD/STAND GROUND option or feature!
* adding a PAUSE & GIVING ORDERS DURING PAUSE option!
* adding improved features for land battles AND sea battles.
* adding less lethal fire-volleys. The Napoleonic Era was the era of the smooth barrel musket gun NOT that of the riffled barrel musket gun! So, there has to be less death rates per fire-volley so that the gamer gets a LONGER battle and NOT a 5 minutes battle!
* deleting the timer/battle clock. Yes! Delete that because a Napoleonic battle was NOT a race battle like those of the 21th century! Wake up Pyro Studios & Eidos! In Napoleonic times battles were LONG during battles! So, delete that bad idea of the timer/battle clock in Imperial Glory.
* deleting suicidal enemy cavalry charging RIGHT towards your cannons. Stop the cannons being MAGNETS for enemy cavalry. Instead, start making AI for enemy cavalry to charge flanks in general instead of gamers' cannons straight away.
* deleting the bad feature of enemy cavalry running THROUGH a infantry formation as if the infantry formation is air. This especialy happens when the enemy cavalry charges right straight towards your cannons.

Okey that's about it. Imperial Glory has the potential of being a GREAT pc game but only AFTER it has been IMPROVED in its GAME-DESIGN!

So, please Pyro Studios & Eidos: STOP BEING STUBBORN! AND START IMPROVING THE GAME-DESIGN BY PATCHES AND THE UPCOMING FRESH NEW STOCK OF IMPERIAL GLORY'S COPIES FOR THE STORE-SHELVES!!!

Psychonaut
5th Jun 2005, 14:15
I second that!

SlippyToad
5th Jun 2005, 14:52
I love this game but I do agree with all the points you made.

If I could have only one thing fixed it would be the speed. Slow that down and the other flaws like the AI cavalry destroying your cannons just because you took your eye off them for a second wouldn't be so bad as you'd have more to react

HellAngel_666
5th Jun 2005, 14:53
i third all of those statements! every word there is true to the bone.

Mike_B
5th Jun 2005, 15:02
The patch/suggestion thread is at the top of the forum so that suggestions can be posted their and threads like this don't show up like mushrooms. Please use it.

Thanks.