PDA

View Full Version : Bionic Militia

cambronne
4th Jun 2005, 21:54
Playing as France, I was attacked by a much larger army that was very heavy with militia. I decided to send my mounted dragoons out to harrass the militia and weaken them before they closed with my main body figuring that the cavalry could easily keep them at a distance.
Little did I know that militia running in their little wooden shoes are faster than any cavalry on earth. I tried this 3 times and each time the milita caught my cavalry and destroyed it. :eek:

I would submit that if a patch is ever prepared, that it should address this issue.
If anyone can explain how guys with wooden clubs and shoes can destroy cavalry, I would love to hear it.

5/77 Armd
4th Jun 2005, 22:19
see the thread titled "super thug battalions" in the community chat forum, there's been some complaints about this very issue. Hopefully they will alter their stats in a patch.

Sharpe
6th Jun 2005, 15:29
I was also annoyed when I was playing as the British, I commanded 4 full strength units of line infantry, I was on a ridge firing into the french militia, 2 units of french militia defeated my 4 units of Redcoats!

Benj
6th Jun 2005, 15:45
Form Square, and milita are useless. 18 milita vs. 3 Black Watch formed in square. Black Watch won.