PDA

View Full Version : How can i open a sea rout ?

mYsT4rY
4th Jun 2005, 16:05
Hi , im playing Great britain and i would like to open some sea routs , i built trade buildings in the other capitals but how do i make the sea routs run ?
TyraN

Queeg
4th Jun 2005, 16:16
Sea routes can only be build on the commerce map. Go to the commerce map (click the coins at bottom left of the screen). Click one of your coastal territories. Build a merchant port. Then build a merchant ship. Then drag the merchant ship to the foreign port with whom you want to establish the route. The available ports will light up with a green circle.

mYsT4rY
4th Jun 2005, 16:19
ok thanks mate

Brett
5th Jun 2005, 01:06
Sea routes can only be build on the commerce map. Go to the commerce map (click the coins at bottom left of the screen). Click one of your coastal territories. Build a merchant port. Then build a merchant ship. Then drag the merchant ship to the foreign port with whom you want to establish the route. The available ports will light up with a green circle.

I have done this, but it dosnt seem to open a trade route for some reason? On a further note its really explained in the manual, which is pretty poor for a manaul?

Queeg
5th Jun 2005, 05:07
Sorry you're having trouble. The pdf manual on the CD is pretty good. Have you looked at it?

Element-UK
5th Jun 2005, 11:30
It sounds like your not building ' Brigandine's ', on the commerce map. Icon with a bunch of coins that bring up all the curved lines all over.

xUNSTOPPABLEx
6th Jun 2005, 23:18
I've build all buildings in first and second era but i dont seem to be able to build merchant ships =/ all i have available is Sloop (war ship)

xUNSTOPPABLEx
6th Jun 2005, 23:20
actually dont matter no more i've worked it out :)

Oststar
7th Jun 2005, 00:03
I had trouble with this too, its been set up so that you can't accidently drop a briggantine onto the wrong ports, which is a good thing once you figure it out.

1) Once you have the right researches, build the Merchant dockyard and a trade bureau in your country.

2) Construct a brigantine

3) Drag brigantine over to a port and hover it there, try to drop it directly onto the port, it will need to
A) Have a green circle
B) A grey line
C) Light up and flash silver. When it is flashing drop it directly onto the port, the bottom might turn pointy like when moving troops into a commander.

It took me three game years to figure this out, the manuals simply aren't clear enough about it.

Element-UK
7th Jun 2005, 00:20
Well actually, merchant ships would naturally come under the umbrella of 'Commerce', so it should not have been much of a riddle )

Oststar
7th Jun 2005, 01:51
Yes, I realised straight away that they were in Commerce view, I didn't play the tutorials and that's why I didn't realise, so of course, I tried the tutorials after i'd figured it out, and noticed that it wasn't mentioned.

The manuals don't specifically say "Go to commerce, select a brigantine, drag it to a port and drop it onto the port like dropping a battalion into an officer"

It's so fiddly that I actually tried to place ships several times before it worked, and it is a complicated proceedure: research commerce, then culture, then build both buildings in your capital, then build a brigantine and drag it precisely onto the port. Land routes you simply research culture and build a consulate in the foreign captial, yet another confusing part of it: Sea routes: build on your land. Land routes: build on theirs