PDA

View Full Version : Feature or Glitch

Webrider
4th Jun 2005, 02:27
Sweeden takes Minsk from Russia...

I capture Austria... all of Austria's 4 provinces are dark grey ... I can't tell if they contribute to my money,people,food,research, I do not have the option to build buildings....

Sweeden is annexed peacefully... Minsk was one of Russias original provinces but I can use it normally ... build buildings.

Dravin
4th Jun 2005, 03:34
If you want the use of an enemy empire's territories you need to gobble them up, sue for peace, declare war (again) and then crush the capital province, then you get the use of those other provinces, else they act just like the capital and you get nothing. As for the Sweden situation, sounds like Sweden sued for peace before they got diplomatically annexed.

Ryoken
4th Jun 2005, 03:54
Major nations can only be occupied, not annexed (the playable empire). The Minor Nations (the unplayable ones) can be annexed and useful to you.

That is why you need to take all of Austria's provinces. I usually slaughter a Major Nation's entire army, occupy his provinces, and then pay for a peace treaty. It will take a LONG time for them to rebuild anything remotely dangerous to you with just their capital province, so you dont have to keep an army stationed there.

But if you capture (after a LONG siege) the capital of a Major nation, you will have to permanently keep an army there. Hence my strategy above.

Wait until you have conquered EVERYTHING, then come back for the Majors.

Isledall
4th Jun 2005, 07:29
3 undermanned militia will be enough as guard....

if you leave them then someday you will be attacked.. so just incase you keep an army nearby.. as we do not want them to liberate neutrals... so in the end.. crush them and occupy them... it is cheaper :)

lawsie
5th Jun 2005, 21:59
i took over finlkand from russia, then moved through sweeden then finally their capital, but still i have to keep troops in finland. why is this? i understand i have to for the capital but why finland, i cannot build anything there at all. if someone knows the answer please tell me for future reference :mad: