PDA

View Full Version : Armor and Range Penalties

Ryoken
3rd Jun 2005, 14:53
Can someone post up the reasons why you get armor and range penalties? I know why I get bonuses; being in buildings, for example. That is pretty obvious. But why do I sometimes get range -1 ? Weather? And my line infantry had around -12 or so in a battle yesterday. Weather again? I am confused. Do you lose armor/range for being in certain formations?

Yorkie
3rd Jun 2005, 14:59
Can someone post up the reasons why you get armor and range penalties? I know why I get bonuses; being in buildings, for example. That is pretty obvious. But why do I sometimes get range -1 ? Weather? And my line infantry had around -12 or so in a battle yesterday. Weather again? I am confused. Do you lose armor/range for being in certain formations?

You get penalties for armour if that unit is under attack from the flank
You will also get armour penalties if your unit is not at full strength
you get range penalties if your marching uphill
you also get range penalties if your units are not at full strength .

these are just a few they are more relating to terain etc. but cant quit remember em . .

Nial
3rd Jun 2005, 15:02
It seems I was getting range penalties for rain last night. And serious penalty for firing up a steep hill.

Queeg
3rd Jun 2005, 15:49
Thanks. I've been wondering about the penalties myself, but been too busy playing to stop and ask.

Ryoken
3rd Jun 2005, 19:25
What bothers me is when my guys are standing on a flat plain in good weather with -20 to armor and I dont know why. That bugs me.

StudUK
4th Jun 2005, 11:17
What bothers me is when my guys are standing on a flat plain in good weather with -20 to armor and I dont know why. That bugs me.

Yes, I would like to know this as well. As you i notice sometimes a red -20 to armour as soon as i start

Element-UK
4th Jun 2005, 12:07
I don't think that the - here is a Minus, merely an indicator. Let's face it , has anyone ever seen a + before there figure ? I haven't which means the - is used merely as a seperator between the numbers not a maths symbol.

Additional: My mistake, I have just seen my first + in 3 campaigns lol. So, minus's for firing uphill would be to range only then.

Benj
4th Jun 2005, 12:40
I've seen a plus before, such as when the unit in question is inside a building/behind a wall.

Yorkie
4th Jun 2005, 13:46

Is the unit in question at full strength?

Ryoken
4th Jun 2005, 17:07
Yes, at full strength.

And I have seen a + when I am in a building, so I know that I am suffering a negative!