PDA

View Full Version : medium or hard which is more difficult

Isledall
3rd Jun 2005, 11:32
I played Prussia on medium ... and the British on Hard.. now playing the Russians on hard... but it feels to me that the medium game has more in it...
at hard it looks like everyone goes to war and the AI builds lots of easy kill cannons....

Ryoken
3rd Jun 2005, 12:41
On medium, there is a LOT more diplo-annexing because relations are great. On hard, there is very little diplo-annexing, in my experience.

Because of the AI constantly declaring war, remarkably similar to the "AI aggressiveness" setting in Europa Universalis II, the AI expends his troops instead of reserving them. So when you finally get to fighting him, he is exhausted from his extensive wars and easy prey for your designs.

That being said, the actual battles are harder on Hard, in my experience.

Broadside
3rd Jun 2005, 22:04
Errrm - are we playing the same game? I just started France on medium and this game is anything but diplomatic. Right from the start all the neutral countries to the east take their individual turns at annexing France, then Spain joins in from the south, but gets severely battered by GB invading Portugal then Spain, then Prussia decides to get in on the act and declares war on me :confused: I have been so busy just trying to hold onto my original provinces (and losing three) that I have had no time for diplomacy whatsoever. I only have decent troops built up in Isle de France and no economy to speak of and it is still only 1798!! Medium for me seems more like Hard so far........

Nial
3rd Jun 2005, 22:24
Well..........I just went from Med. to high day before yesterday. Played Russia first. Got bored. So now Im playing france. Took a page from Ryokens book and just built and waited for GB to annex Hannover. After I freed them .........It's all good. As for trade and Diplo. I have noticed much less diplo-annex activity. It is late in the 1790s and most minors are still free. Which would be rare in any of the Med. games I've played. But one of the things I like about this game. Is that the game does seem to play out so differently from one campaign to the next. I have started over a dozen campaigns and won as GB, France, and Prussia. No real interest in Austria or Russia. So I'd like to think I have a decent grasp of the game. Yet it frequently suprises me. *chuckles* Guess thats why Im still playing it. :)

KiloAlpha4
4th Jun 2005, 08:34
I guess it's all random. I took russia on medium and got attacked by 4 bordering enemies at the same time which equaled no chance in hell since russia has little gold at the beginning and food to support a sustained army size greater then 3 really. This goes against russia being a traditional wealth of resources as getting their resources up is quite hard in the game and their gold income for such a vaste land is low as heck contrary to reality and the fact that britian and austria have alot in comparrison. They need to balance the game and make it more historically correct.

Isledall
4th Jun 2005, 12:21
playing russia on hard and it is easy..

k everyone invades.. big deal.. keep your armies at your capital and just do not counter all those invaders...

get one invader out and buy peace.. sell him back some food and you do ok...