PDA

View Full Version : How long is the campaign?

kitsync55
3rd Jun 2005, 02:35
Can someone give me an idea as to how long it takes to play the campaign game. Does it take a few hours/days or is it more like several hundred hours and a few months?

Thanks.

Gelatinous Cube
3rd Jun 2005, 02:41
Depends. I've heard some people do it fast, but for they've been very long.. very. I'm playing a game on Hard right now, and i've been playing this particular campaign all week. I'd say I'm about 1/5 of the way through the campaign (playing Total Victory, instead of the Score-Based campaign, but I havent reached 1830 yet).

Isledall
3rd Jun 2005, 05:13
depends on your free time :)

1 day for 1 campaign... or like 16 hours

Gelatinous Cube
3rd Jun 2005, 06:58

I'd say that's pushing it a little fast. I've definately put more than 16 hours into mine.

Isledall
3rd Jun 2005, 07:19
will time next campaign... :)

but first I need to finish my Russia.. campaign....

then I guess.. it will be Austrians or French....

Captain.Crunch
3rd Jun 2005, 08:40

Gawd thats fast... :eek:

Isledall
3rd Jun 2005, 11:29
atleast by that time you will know you are going to win :)

fast... well no... takes me a whole week for a campaign... that is gaming in the evening... :) with 16 hours of pure gaming that would be a dream..

will keep track of time next game ... how long it takes to play a normal campaign.. without the dirty tricks... maybe someone else has an acurate figure.... as I did not want to scare you :)

Captain.Crunch
3rd Jun 2005, 11:50
atleast by that time you will know you are going to win :)

fast... well no... takes me a whole week for a campaign... that is gaming in the evening... :) with 16 hours of pure gaming that would be a dream..

will keep track of time next game ... how long it takes to play a normal campaign.. without the dirty tricks... maybe someone else has an acurate figure.... as I did not want to scare you :)

Well Far Cry took me over 3 months to finish and i was playing that game every day! ;)

Darkhosis
6th Jun 2005, 17:50
Can someone give me an idea as to how long it takes to play the campaign game. Does it take a few hours/days or is it more like several hundred hours and a few months?

Thanks.
I finished a Hard one as France in about 3 hrs, finishing in 1806. Did a score based one cause I like getting a score, but achieved the "total victory".

'course, I autoresolved all the fights. If you fought 'em, I'm sure it'd take some time longer.

Woogie14
6th Jun 2005, 21:35
I completed a hard campaign with france by April 1804 in about 1 week, averaging about 2 hours per night and 6 hours on the weekend. I didn't use cheats and I fought everything but naval battles myself. I didn't use any cheats either.

Archduke Charles
7th Jun 2005, 03:47
I'm playing a campaign (Victory Point version) as the British on medium difficulty. So far, I've clocked-up about 17 hours and I'm currently in April 1806. That's just a rough estimate - next time I'll pay closer attention; this game has the potential to go for a very long time!