PDA

View Full Version : Different Language?

(type name here)
3rd Jun 2005, 01:20
How do you play the game in a different language? I can see and play the audio files in french, but i just can't play the game in it!

Captain.Crunch
3rd Jun 2005, 01:41
How do you play the game in a different language? I can see and play the audio files in french, but i just can't play the game in it!

What language?

(type name here)
3rd Jun 2005, 01:43
I want to play it in French, of course i could just replace the audio files from the french to the english ones, but still.

Captain.Crunch
3rd Jun 2005, 01:44
Are you French? isnt there a French version................. :confused:

(type name here)
3rd Jun 2005, 01:48
Well, if you look in the games audio files, there are several different voices for a whole bunch of languages, like polish, german, spanish, etc... for the parts threw out the game, well only the narrator part (as he only says one thing in the game, in the beginning). So I was wondering, if you can't play the games in those languages, why are they in the game directory.

(type name here)
3rd Jun 2005, 01:49
If you want to listen to them, just download winamp media player and listen to them.

Ryoken
3rd Jun 2005, 01:58
Those are labeled by language because if you give a French unit orders on the battlefield, its commander gives a FRENCH reply.

(type name here)
3rd Jun 2005, 01:59
No i mean, you know that english guy who says in the beginning, "the world is changing, the winds of war are blowing" or something like that, you can hear that in french, instead of english.

Mike_B
3rd Jun 2005, 05:37
Hmm when you installed it you got the option to choose with language you wanted it in, don't think there's another way of doing it though.

Captain.Crunch
3rd Jun 2005, 08:27
Do you have a french version of the game?

Mike_B
3rd Jun 2005, 14:24
No UK version but usually when you install a game you get to choose the option to choose your language.

sick
3rd Jun 2005, 15:46
I think this should do the trick:

1. Open Config.sb (in the installation folder)
2. Search for the line .LANGUAGE 1
3. Change the number (ranging from 0 to 12) for another language

0 = UNKNOWN
1 = ENGLISH
2 = SPANISH
3 = GERMAN
4 = FRENCH
5 = ITALIAN
6 = POLISH
7 = RUSSIAN
8 = JAPANESE
9 = KOREAN
10 = CHINESE
11 = CZECH
12 = US_ENGLISH

Benj
3rd Jun 2005, 16:18
I tried that and didn't notice any difference to the text or audio.