PDA

View Full Version : When armies attack...

Coax74
2nd Jun 2005, 17:18
Hi all,

Is there a point in the Research Tree where a nation can send more than 3 armies into a region?

Let me clarify, I'm currently in my "end game" playing Russia and duking it out with the only superpower left, namely England. Several times now, the AI has sent in 4 armies against my 3 (luckily I've won every battle), but I was perplexed that they could do this.

So I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, if it is maybe a part of the Research Tree (depending on what type of government), or if it is a bug?

Thanks!

bloodraven
2nd Jun 2005, 18:08
I had Russia bring 5 armies against my 1 once and in another battle I saw 4 Prussians against my 3. I have seen the AI stack 4 and 5 armies in a territory consistantly in the game were I can only have 3. As I have said in another post about ships. This game cheats PERIOD!

Woogie14
2nd Jun 2005, 18:40
As far as I can tell the game doesn't cheat. You can send 4 armies into a battle being that the 4th will only be used in a reserve roll....if one of your armies is destroyed then your reserve can enter the field. As for having multiple armies in a territory, you can if you have armies in your barracks. The computer has a tendancy to put its armies on the border and unless you zoom in you cant tell which country it is in. Take a closer look, you will find this to be true.

Coax74
2nd Jun 2005, 18:46
I thought the AI was placing them on the border as well (you're right, it's hard to tell at times), but this hasn't been the case in my situation. It's very clear there are more than 3 enemy armies on the battlefield. I didn't know that we could send an extra into a territory as reserve though. I'll have to give it a go tonight. Thanks for the info!

bloodraven
2nd Jun 2005, 19:40
This was clearly not the case in the times that the armies attacked me either. the enemy was in a place were their were no barracks. I try to keep an eye on the enemy when they are sitting on my bourder. Some of the officers did not have full strength battalions but there were clearly 5 armies brought to bare against me.